Which club was Brendon Goddard better at?

Which club was Brendon Goddard better at?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

St Kilda 2010 exceptional

He has looked pretty good in the past 2 years and gets some credit for bringing something in a truly weird atmosphere. But from that I debit any crying so - St Kilda. I don't recall any crying with the saints
158448-brendon-goddard-st-kilda-afl-grand-final.jpg

Oh the misery ... Brendon Goddard after St Kilda lost the AFL Grand Final to Geelong. Picture: Colleen Petch

158448-brendon-goddard-st-kilda-afl-grand-final.jpg

Oh the misery ... Brendon Goddard after St Kilda lost the AFL Grand Final to Geelong. Picture: Colleen Petch
Whoops. Okay then.

Must really suck crying with your nostrils all mushed up like that.

Haha, indeed.

His 2009 is underrated by some (made the AA team and came equal-12th in the Brownlow- despite losing votes to all of Riewoldt, Hayes and Dal Santo, who all finished higher than him!) and he was just about our best in the 2009 GF as well, until he broke both his collarbone and nose in the 3rd quarter, which really took the wind out of his sails for the remainder of the game.

Saints due to the 09/10 years. I'd say his years at Essendon have been comparable to the rest of his years at the Saints though. In fact his 2013 year was a very good one. Still comfortably somewhere between 30-50 in the comp.

He was better in 2013/14 than in 2011/12. He wasn't going to win a premiership at St Kilda - what exactly did he blow?
... and unlikely to win a premiership at Bombers so what is your point? I think it is sad he left Saints particularly under the circumstances he left.

... and unlikely to win a premiership at Bombers so what is your point? I think it is sad he left Saints particularly under the circumstances he left.
I was asking what did he blow. It's not like remaining at St Kilda means he would have played better or won a premiership. His relationship with his St Kilda teammates hasn't been ruined by his move. He didn't blow anything.

I was asking what did he blow. It's not like remaining at St Kilda means he would have played better or won a premiership. His relationship with his St Kilda teammates hasn't been ruined by his move. He didn't blow anything.
He lost the chance at being a one club player and becoming a real legend at the Saints and what over? What you could only assume was a money or contract length issue and he is on record as saying he wanted to stay at the Saints. That kind of stuff will likely get more rare so I do think he blew that chance.

He lost the chance at being a one club player and becoming a real legend at the Saints and what over? What you could only assume was a money or contract length issue and he is on record as saying he wanted to stay at the Saints. That kind of stuff will likely get more rare so I do think he blew that chance.
The Melbourne poster seemed to imply that he was in his prime and thriving at St Kilda and that since he moved to Essendon he's been declining. I don't think he was referring to his one club player status. I also don't think it's foolish to give that up in search of a premiership (even though it's unlikely Goddard will win one at Essendon).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back