Which current players would make their club's all time best 22 ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Richo made it at 23 and stays in it at 33.

If Deledio holds his form for another 3+ years you could mount a decent case that he replaces Matthew Knights on the bench.

Was going to say Deledio as well. Glad he got mentioned. Versatile and durable player.

From an outsiders view I would rate knights above deledio

Having seen both their careers in their entirety, I'd have Knights ahead at the same stage (27yo). Knights slowed down a little in his last 3-4 years. Quite different types - creative playmaker versus athletic utility. It'd be a subjective call, but there isn't a lot between them.

My Collingwood Team of All Time

B: Harold Rumney - Jack Regan - Syd Coventry
HB: James Clement - Albert Collier - Gavin Brown

R: Len Thompson - Nathan Buckley - Harry Collier
C: Dane Swan - Bob Rose - Dick Condon

HF: Des Fothergill - Travis Cloke - Des Tuddenham
F: Peter Daicos - Gordon Coventry - Dick Lee

I: Scott Pendlebury - Thorold Merrett - Wayne Richardson - Phonse Kyne

My Collingwood 2nds Team of All Time

B: Bill Proudfoot - Charlie Dibbs - Jock McHale
HB: Billy Picken - Neil Mann - Terry Waters

R: Peter Moore - Marcus Whelan - Billy Libbis
C: Des Healy - Tony Shaw - Darren Millane

HF: John Greening - Murray Weiderman - Phil Carmen
F: Lou Richards - Ron Todd - Peter McKenna

I: Barry Price - Mick McGaune - Max Richardson - Ray Gabelich

Having seen both their careers in their entirety, I'd have Knights ahead at the same stage (27yo). Knights slowed down a little in his last 3-4 years. Quite different types - creative playmaker versus athletic utility. It'd be a subjective call, but there isn't a lot between them.

Remember last round 1997 , Carlton just need to win to play finals and are doing it easy to half time

Second half knights turned the game and gave Andrew McKay the biggest bath in his career , not a great day for blues but had to acknowledge knights brilliance !!

Would Robert Murphy be a show? Haven't personally followed him closely enough to say, but he has the longevity and always seemed versatile /skillful.

Possibly, I'd have to check our Team of the Century to see who'd he'd replace. Good suggestion though.

Remember last round 1997 , Carlton just need to win to play finals and are doing it easy to half time

Second half knights turned the game and gave Andrew McKay the biggest bath in his career , not a great day for blues but had to acknowledge knights brilliance !!

Ooh that was a good day for us finals-starved Tigers. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he would probably get in for Buckenara, but it's far from overwhelming, would be the 6th forward picked in that team which is kind of remarkable.

Maybe, but you could raise a pretty reasonable arguement that Platten shouldn't be in the forward pocket

Maybe, but you could raise a pretty reasonable arguement that Platten shouldn't be in the forward pocket

Sure, but Platten has to be in the team somewhere - they went with Matthews on the ball and Platten in a pocket, kind of how footy used to be played. You could quite easily swap those two 'starting positions', Matthews is number 2 on our all-time goal kicking list, it's just that he was freak on the ball too and rightly or wrongly there is a certain amount prestige (or lack of) with some positions.

None for Richmond, maybe Cotchin or Vickery if he finishes well

Goodes!

Kennedy with a few more years at the consistent level he has played at would make it.

Ryan O'Keefe and Jude Bolton (retired last year) would come under serious consideration for my all time best South Melbourne/Sydney team, Jarrad McVeigh possibly as well

My Collingwood Team of All Time

B: Harold Rumney - Jack Regan - Syd Coventry
HB: James Clement - Albert Collier - Gavin Brown

R: Len Thompson - Nathan Buckley - Harry Collier
C: Dane Swan - Bob Rose - Dick Condon

HF: Des Fothergill - Travis Cloke - Des Tuddenham
F: Peter Daicos - Gordon Coventry - Dick Lee

I: Scott Pendlebury - Thorold Merrett - Wayne Richardson - Phonse Kyne

My Collingwood 2nds Team of All Time

B: Bill Proudfoot - Charlie Dibbs - Jock McHale
HB: Billy Picken - Neil Mann - Terry Waters

R: Peter Moore - Marcus Whelan - Billy Libbis