Which do you prefer?

Which Freo loss do you prefer?

• 2013 GF

Votes: 14 20.3%
  • 2014 Finals Series

Votes: 55 79.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Neither. I dislike all four teams left more than Freo. At least Freo are a real team with actual supporters unlike the jokes of the league that are Port or North (not hard to be fair), aren't AFL love child scum like Sydney and aren't cheating bastards with a dick head of a coach like the Hawks.

I'm cancelling my Fox sports subscription tomorrow.

Oh, and while I'm at it, at least they aren't associated with Jason Dunstall and Dermie, or James Brayshaw (what's up with that anyway - he's a pro cricketer from WA, what's he doing as president of a footy club from bleak city?!?!) and the most punchable face in Australia isn't their president.

Also, Freo are, you know, from WA. Just in case you forgot that...

GTFO. :thumbsu:

jokes of the league that are Port or North
So Freo (a club with zero premierships) aren't a joke, but teams that have won premierships are?

aren't cheating bastards with a dick head of a coach like the Hawks.
Not sure why Hawks are cheating bastards, but Freo do have a dick head of a coach.

I'm going for Port Adelaide this finals series because, you know, they're from Australia, just like us!

For a club thats never won anything their supporters can sure talk some smack about other clubs especially WC.
They all read from the same playbook when it comes to the Eagles...most of it crud

If I had a dollar for every time a freo Fan mentioned our straight sets exit in 2007 I would be loaded...
Tonight felt like a bit of Karma

Neither. I dislike all four teams left more than Freo. At least Freo are a real team with actual supporters unlike the jokes of the league that are Port or North (not hard to be fair), aren't AFL love child scum like Sydney and aren't cheating bastards with a dick head of a coach like the Hawks.

I'm cancelling my Fox sports subscription tomorrow.

Oh, and while I'm at it, at least they aren't associated with Jason Dunstall and Dermie, or James Brayshaw (what's up with that anyway - he's a pro cricketer from WA, what's he doing as president of a footy club from bleak city?!?!) and the most punchable face in Australia isn't their president.

I was like you once, with me being relatively new to actually following the game/attending matches. It's those "actual supporters" you speak of that will wear you down in the end.

this one, sheer hilarity. they got unlucky to make a grand final last year and did nothing be brag about how great they were.
this year gone in straights sets.

freo will always be the unlikeable sibling of West Coast, they lack class and humility.

Freo were quite attacking last night. Play on at all costs. Problem was is Port are better at fast football. Hopefully this is RIP to Paul Roos/Ross Lyon slow congested "let's try and bore the other team into submission" type footy.

I declare footy as the winner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has to be this one. I like many others have heard all year from arrogant freo supporters about how they booked their tickets to the GF straight after last years choke.....cause that's how it works, you make one, you automatically make the next right?? I mean that's what the eagles do? To see them go out in straight sets is a thing if beauty, especially after another finals series choke!! Plenty of cheap GF tickets on gumtree tonight!!!!
I think even matty pavlich expected to play in the GF this year. What did he say in front of the crowd after last tears gf loss? "We'll be back" ROFL

This one.

This one.

No one gives two shits about SF straight set losers.

Except the fans. 2007 still upsets me today. That FreoSF loss, in addition to their GF failure will burn. BURN for a very long time.

This one. But that's because I like Freo, and last year, they got so close (I wanted them to go all the way last year- I don't like Hawks and didn't want them to get even further ahead of us in the total AFL premiership tally)
This year they were expected to win this week (albeit narrowly), but nobody predicted them to beat Hawks next week so they would have just been extending their season by another week.
Plus from an Eagles POV it's nice that them/Geelong have now made us the 3rd most recent straight less finals exit (2007 still hurts me too , and things just got even worse in the next couple of weeks :cry: )

It's a close call however I think tonight's straight sets exit wins.
The automatic presumption of the purple hordes that because they lost the GF last year it was their God given right to hold the cup aloft this year.

It just doesn't work like that .

If there is one thing the Violet Crumbles excel at is it "get ahead of themselves" .....they have done so in spades this year.

What's that saying :

" Nothing fuels disappointment like expectation ."

Now that they are out of the finals race ,with their tails between their legs ,the prospects of the long off season just got appreciably better and more tolerable. I must admit that I was dreading the thought of a summer in which I had to listen to the endless dribble of a purple circle jerk.

Besides how nice it's going to be to retort to the Crumbles who ,optimistically start talking up their 2015 chances and point out ( ever so politely ) that unless they can kick more than 12 goals in a final they are always going to come up short.

After a eight months of being barraged and constantly reminded week after week by Purple Mates how s**t our midfield is and how we screwed up by missing Fyfe is the draft. It going to be nice reminding them just how s**t their KPP depth is and that if they hadent screwed up by taking that superstar Jayden Pitt over Jack Darling 'then with two key forwards in their team ,they may well have had something to put into their dusty trophy cabinet.

Couldn't care less. I don't buy in on the manufactured hate of Freo.

I love watching the likes of Fyfe, Barlow, Walters and Pavlich go about their business. Great players.

I was hoping they'd win but not bothered by the fact they didn't.

This one , they had Port on their knees and had 30+ point lead even with their shitty choke-filled goal kicking and the pain of losing from 6 goals up is shattering . No-one likes to lose this way .

Couldn't care less. I don't buy in on the manufactured hate of Freo.

I love watching the likes of Fyfe, Barlow, Walters and Pavlich go about their business. Great players.

I was hoping they'd win but not bothered by the fact they didn't.
It's not manufactured, their players, coaches and fans make it very easy to hate them.
But personally my hate stems from when they first started up and my entire family, Dad, 3 sisters and brother switch allegiances from us to them "because it's boring watching us win all the time". I like to think Fremantle's lack of success is karma for this treachery.

Back