Which doggies youngster are you most excited about?

Remove this Banner Ad

Zgope1

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Another more positive thread, something i love talking about with mates is where some of our youngsters could be in the future.
For me, Mitch Wallis has been the most improved this year, Dahlhaus continues to excite, and Libba despite his recent indiscretion looks like he'll be pretty close to an A grader at some point in his career. BUT:
the two guys i'm really excited about are:

Jordan Roughead: talls take a long time to develop, and he has frustrated at times, but i just seem to think we have ourselves a really high quality KPP/Ruck. He's just so clever. Doesn't panic, he's a really good grab, has great body and tapwork. Seems versitile too.
Daniel Pearce: I'll admit i didn't give him much attention for a little bit, thought he was neither here nor there, and then the Chris Grant comment pumping him up made me pay a bit of attention. This guy is clever, surprisingly strong, and very skillful. He isn't as quck as Murph, but in my mind he'll be one of our biggest drivers out of defense in years to come, i'll say he'll be a real Mr Reliable.

SO, who's your boy? who gives you that little bit of hope when we get smashed in second halves? Who do you want to talk about but your mates who don't follow the dogs don't care?

Always been a very big Roughead fan, he's one of my favourites in the whole side. Very disappointed every time he goes back to the VFL. He'd be in the team every week if I had my way :p

Very happy to see him have a great game against North. Hopefully it silences some of the people who have even suggested trading him.

I liked JJ's first game, moves well and will make it, of the others Wallis has been very very good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two more questions, kind of the same one, Who is most capable of winning AA honours first? and who would be a chance at a brownlow?
I reckon Dahl would be our first shot at AA for some reason, as a small forward, he has crazy upside.
And Wallis for the brownlow

Definitely Jason Tutt, pacey, good accurate long kick, we looked much better when he played his first full game against Carlton this year. Couple of years in the gym working on strength and bulk + couple of seasons worth of games and he'll be a jet. Rate him big time.

JJ impressed me against North too, for similar reasons.

Jones. If we can get some forward structure, better delivery and his kicking improves will be an absolute gun. Other one is Tutt absolutely love him, next guernsey will have his number for sure. Aswell as the obvious Wallis, Libba, Dahl, Smith, Cordy etc.

Another vote for Jones.

Has all the potential: height, great mark, quick. Just needs to time his leads better and improve his set shot. That will come with confidence.

He'll be a great player eventually.

Pearce,JJ and Clay.

Pearce has balance, poise and toughness. Thinking midfield for him down the track.

JJ has natural speed and attacking flair. Murphy long term replacement.

Clay is just a beast. Imagine him in three years time after some good preseasons!!

Nice to be overly positive for a change!

Clay is just a beast. Imagine him in three years time after some good preseasons!!

Love his intensity. After a few years he'll be scary.

Still a big wrap on Jones. Needs to tweak his game a little and an improvement in the team's skills and players around him he'll do well. I'm confident his kicking will improve.

Mitch Wallis for me.

Hard to not be excited and positive about the future with these young players. Next year will be a good year to watch this team grow.

Mitch Wallis for me.

Hard to not be excited and positive about the future with these young players. Next year will be a good year to watch this team grow.

Wally was a no brainer for me as was Libba which is why I didn't mention them. In that shallow draft we were lucky the Wallis' and the Libba's had there children at the right time.

Waly was a no brainer for me as was Libba which is why I didn't mention them. In that shallow draft we were lucky the Wallis' and the Libba's had there children at the right time.

Reason for him is that I think he will develop into one of the top few mids in the comp, and he will almost certainly be captain.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back