Which draftee are you most excited about?

Which draftee are you most excited for?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Voted Smith because he has excitement written all over him. Hopefully he can channel all the good bits of Robbo, Waite and Jeffy without all the baggage they carried.

I was a bit flat immediately after our draft, but I have become genuinely excited by this crop the more I've learned about them.

I voted for Rainbow. I really like his attitude. He seems to have a very mature head on his shoulders - reminds me of Judd - which is a big advantage at his age. Plus he seems to be really hungry to succeed.

With that said, it's impossible to ignore the x-factor surrounding Smith. I have doubts about his work ethic, so I really hope that he falls on his feet in Melbourne and the club introduces him to some strong mentors; because he clearly has enough talent to make it.

BB scares me... He reminds me so much of sugar. I hope he proves me wrong!

DVR for me. Thats going on the limited highlights that ive seen of him. Also Dougie Hawkins said he would be a superstar. Just aks him...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was a bit flat immediately after our draft, but I have become genuinely excited by this crop the more I've learned about them.

I voted for Rainbow. I really like his attitude. He seems to have a very mature head on his shoulders - reminds me of Judd - which is a big advantage at his age. Plus he seems to be really hungry to succeed.

With that said, it's impossible to ignore the x-factor surrounding Smith. I have doubts about his work ethic, so I really hope that he falls on his feet in Melbourne and the club introduces him to some strong mentors; because he clearly has enough talent to make it.

BB scares me... He reminds me so much of sugar. I hope he proves me wrong!

Because he's pretty or you've actually seen him play?

I voted colours... Can't have enough good left footers in the one side... see the following list:
Hawks: Hodge, Lewis, Gibson, Roughead, Suckling, Birchall, Duryea, Smith, Rioli.
At the time when Pelchan was working at the Hawks, we were doing renovations on his house. He openly told me that Clarko's insisted that they needed as many left footers as they could get.

DVR for me.
Elite kick, can play midfield and could be ready to debut in the second half of next year.

This is what I hope can happen next year, if he can build a midfield game, he will certainly be worth his selection.

Looking forward to Clem, loved his game two years ago and asked a Carlton recruiter to select him....

We picked him up late, has plenty of warts, but I am going to enjoy his tackling.

I think Boekhorst could turn out to be a very special player for us he and Menzel forward very tantalizing indeed. Clem Smith has that cult hero feel to him who could cause some havoc with his aggression at the man (which Carlton have lacked for a long time).

When i first heard Rogers call BB name @19 i kinda went a bit numb. But after a little research into mature aged recruits taken in the first round I'm now feeling a lot more optimistic about BB. In 07 Geelong took 20yro Harry Taylor @17. Then in 09 the swans with 20yro Lewis Jetta @14 and in 2010 the hawks picked 21yro Isaac Smith @19. After seeing how those picks worked out we can only hope that our recuiters are on the ball and that BB can be added to that list of mature age first rounders which turned out to be very assute selections for there clubs;)

Great thread. Gotta be Clem. Exhibits what I want Carlton as a team and club to show - confidence, enthusiasm, hurt factor, speed, tenacity, I'm better than you.

The great NBA legend MJ confidence? We are better than you and we know it, we will tell you but even more have the credentials to back it up

Wow. Voted Smith thinking it'd be an avarage to unpopular pick but he's killing it!

Back