Which draftee are you most excited about?

Which draftee are you most excited for?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Rainbow for me. Just ticks all the boxes
Funny his brother is an entomologist at the Melbourne Museum archives. He boxes all the ticks.......is that an EXIT light................

Excited to see BB for what he brings to the team but also because of where we picked him. So far I have no reason to doubt S.R so if he rates Blaine so high then I'm excited. A new recruit that can hopefully impact straight away.. Bring it

We lost a bit of X-factor and mongrel with Garlett and Robinson respectively, but we funnily brought in somebody who seems to have both! Don't really have lofty expectations for a Pick 60, but that combo of traits seems pretty exciting to me.

I voted for BB, spoke to a couple of boys who played against him at WAFL level, said hes an impressive athlete who runs all day, quick and a good kick.
I hope he slots straight onto a wing or half forward. DVR excited me, attitude is great and a nice left foot kick reminds me a bit of birchall. The young bloke brad walsh is a great leader and a good inside mid so id expect him to get onto our senior list at some stage, was lots of talk about him in W.A before both drafts so good pick there. Hopefully clem can get his body right, but a good pick up with 60 and who doesnt like a big forward in foster,
all in all i like this crop of talent, hopefully mick gives em a crack now that mclean wont be taking there spots..

I voted for BB, spoke to a couple of boys who played against him at WAFL level, said hes an impressive athlete who runs all day, quick and a good kick.
I hope he slots straight onto a wing or half forward. DVR excited me, attitude is great and a nice left foot kick reminds me a bit of birchall. The young bloke brad walsh is a great leader and a good inside mid so id expect him to get onto our senior list at some stage, was lots of talk about him in W.A before both drafts so good pick there. Hopefully clem can get his body right, but a good pick up with 60 and who doesnt like a big forward in foster,
all in all i like this crop of talent, hopefully mick gives em a crack now that mclean wont be taking there spots..
Hi I voted for DVR seen this kid play live and he impressed me most out of all the highly rated Western jet kids. So pumed that we drafted him going to be joy to watch that shanon hurn like left leg of his. People talk up Wigg from SA as having the best leg in the draft and it is good. Very good technique but its not the bullet like passes that DVR produces. Like you i'm also really happy with the crop of players the club has brought in this year but wot I also like is all the deadwood we have cut lose giving plenty of opportunity to the draftee if there good enough.

Hard call, as I am looking forward to seeing what all our new guys have to offer, especially seeing BB vindicate his 1st round selection with interest.

But Smith, especially coming in from selection 60, looks to have the potential to really make a splash and have rival clubs shaking their heads and wondering "Why the **** didn't we have a better look at this guy?"

It sounds like Clem needs to work on his fitness, but give him a year in the system and he will be a ball of muscle and an absolute beast.

I voted for billy, just looks smooth an offers something abit different to rainbow an Holman an co

could be our Mackie just without being a twat like him? also from kew :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard call, as I am looking forward to seeing what all our new guys have to offer, especially seeing BB vindicate his 1st round selection with interest.

But Smith, especially coming in from selection 60, looks to have the potential to really make a splash and have rival clubs shaking their heads and wondering "Why the **** didn't we have a better look at this guy?"

It sounds like Clem needs to work on his fitness, but give him a year in the system and he will be a ball of muscle and an absolute beast.
I reckon what you could call the "jarrod Garlett factor" came into play.

Reading between the lines of the AFL.com article about why he tumbled in the pecking order, that is he took the foot off the pedal this year, it was what most kids his age do and its called a gap year.

Emma Quayle put it down to the fact that he was ready to be drafted at the end of 2013 but had to wait a year and got a bit loose.

Have a feeling that he could be a very good player and that if Rob Wiley really does a good job we will see the first few takes of his highlights reel this year.

Boekhorst was my vote, only pipping the others taken in the ND because of the impact he can have on the team from very early on.

His outside run and ball use is exactly what we need (who would have thought...) and given that he is a little older than the rest, it's fair to assume he will be playing in the seniors fairly soon. DVR and a couple of the rookies also look like really exciting players. Really hope we see them developing their bodies and games nice and quick!

Loving these new blue posters of late - hope you are all still around when the real stuff happens in 2015 - #smashtheclique

using a hash tag now hmmmm? How very modern.

#boredwiththeclique

Clem Smith. When Rob Wiley comes out and says that he worked with the kid in the under 16's and we have got something special, he has been around long enough to note talent when he sees it. The fact that Rogers had to go through the paperwork quickly on draft day when it was our turn to choose at pick #60 to ensure he hadnt made a mistake (if Clem was still available) goes to show that he simply isnt someone they thought that would still be there after our pick at 29. You just get that feeling we have got another steal like we did with Eddie Betts in the rookie draft.

Meanwhile, still very happy with our first two picks in Boekhorst and Viojo - they will be competing amongst themselves for that outside mid spot in the team along with Armfield, and we all know competition for spots means we are going to get the most out of those people. I suppose you could throw Dick into that group as well, although I am not sure where they seem him fitting into the side.

Another mention to Billy Gowers who we would have taken if not for Clem Smith being there. Rogers says he was stiff not to get picked up in the draft so we obviously rated him highly. Looks like a footballer, which is such a strange thing to say, but it really does hold a lot of weight. His video shows he is balanced, good on both sides, good mark 1 on 1, good awareness and has speed once he is moving. Not sure about his pace off the mark but all the other elements make him look like a complete footballer. Interesting why he dropped as well. Obviously some down sides or question marks that I am not aware of about him. Perhaps a lack of intensity if I was to go looking for something?

Last edited:
Clem Smith. When Rob Wiley comes out and says that he worked with the kid in the under 16's and we have got something special, he has been around long enough to note talent when he sees it. The fact that Rogers had to go through the paperwork quickly on draft day when it was our turn to choose at pick #60 to ensure he hadnt made a mistake (if Clem was still available) goes to show that he simply isnt someone they thought that would still be there after our pick at 29. You just get that feeling we have got another steal like we did with Eddie Betts in the rookie draft.

Meanwhile, still very happy with our first two picks in Boekhorst and Viojo - they will be competing amongst themselves for that outside mid spot in the team along with Armfield, and we all know competition for spots means we are going to get the most out of those people. I suppose you could throw Dick into that group as well, although I am not sure where they seem him fitting into the side.

Another mention to Billy Gowers who we would have taken if not for Clem Smith being there. Rogers says he was stiff not to get picked up in the draft so we obviously rated him highly. Looks like a footballer, which is such a strange thing to say, but it really does hold a lot of weight. His video shows he is balanced, good on both sides, good mark 1 on 1, good awareness and has speed once he is moving. Not sure about his pace off the mark but all the other elements make him look like a complete footballer. Interesting why he dropped as well. Obviously some down sides or question marks that I am not aware of about him. Perhaps a lack of intensity if I was to go looking for something?

I think that Dick will be used predominantly as a half back to release Walker to play forward (where I feel he holds more value to us). He may push up onto a wing in bursts as well. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see him get games early, but that's just a gut feel.

Back