List Mgmt. Which free agent should we be targeting?

Which free agent should we be throwing everything at?

• Dangerfield

Votes: 80 70.2%
  • Hawkins

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • Rance

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other

Votes: 19 16.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

With it becoming common practice now to target your free agents for the end of the season during the preceding pre season, who should we be throwing everything at right now?

The contenders;

Dangerfield; Bonafide gun who can win games on his own. Would arrive, slot straight in, probably as our second best player and make life easier for Pendles and co going forward. Will be 25 if we get him, so plenty of footy left in him. The obvious problem is the bidding war that will develop around him at the end of the season which may mean the offer and cost may be extreme.

Hawkins; Key forwards don't grow on trees, and with Cloke closer to the end then the start, and with very little else on our list in the way of key forwards, he'd be a nice addition. Negative is he'll be 27 at years end.

Rance; A little left field here but Rance is an All Australian calibre defender and at 26 (if he arrives) he has 4-5 very good years in him.

Others; There are others too (see list below) that we may consider as easier options to get, although the list doesn't seem that strong past the above three mentioned players.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-12-17/north-faces-free-hit

I know most of you will vote for Dangerfield, but is he really worth the probably 5-6 year deal at over $1 million a year?

For us to have a shot at the Good Free-Agent. We would have to make the Finals and even win a game in the Finals/

I am leaning towards Hawkins as we need someone to help Cloke. Hawkins and Cloke would be a Scary Forward Line. Robbie Tarrant be an Intresting one IF we can get him Cheap.

How about Kreuzer as a 2nd Ruck 3rd Tall Type?

Though depends on comes on and who does not

Rance is the hardest working defender in the game currently, but in my opinion, just isnt the best option there, especially with his kicking skills.

Rance is the hardest working defender in the game currently, but in my opinion, just isnt the best option there, especially with his kicking skills.

He is bit like Toovey. Good Defender but can’t kick well

He is bit like Toovey. Good Defender but can’t kick well
We had a bloke named Maxwell who seemed to do pretty well in that role.:p

I just think Dangerfield will cost us too much, down the road that is, while a Rance or Hawkins would be a little cheaper and help us significantly too.

Im not sure if I would target any of them, I wouldn't pay the price for him, id rather give that money to our own captain to stop him from leaving.

Id back in our own defensive stocks to not need to get Rance. Lets face it, Alex Rance is a slight upgrade on Nathan Brown, but is he worth the dollars?

Hawkins would be a definite strength to our forward line, so If I had to choose I would say him out of those three.

The player Id really like to target is Rory Sloane though, Id love him at the pies, just extracts the footy, the midfielder we really need in the guts of our midfield. Would be willing to part with whatever South Australians Adelaide wants except Shazza and Broomhead aswell as our first rounder to get him. And yes haters, that means Grundy as well. I know he isn't a free agents, but its still somewhat related considering we don't have a trade target thread haha.

We had a bloke named Maxwell who seemed to do pretty well in that role.:p

I just think Dangerfield will cost us too much, down the road that is, while a Rance or Hawkins would be a little cheaper and help us significantly too.

So you would put in a big offer to Rance. It would cost us about 600k to probably get him away from the Tigers

Im not sure if I would target any of them, I wouldn't pay the price for him, id rather give that money to our own captain to stop him from leaving.

Id back in our own defensive stocks to not need to get Rance. Lets face it, Alex Rance is a slight upgrade on Nathan Brown, but is he worth the dollars?

Hawkins would be a definite strength to our forward line, so If I had to choose I would say him out of those three.

The player Id really like to target is Rory Sloane though, Id love him at the pies, just extracts the footy, the midfielder we really need in the guts of our midfield. Would be willing to part with whatever South Australians Adelaide wants except Shazza and Broomhead aswell as our first rounder to get him. And yes haters, that means Grundy as well. I know he isn't a free agents, but its still somewhat related considering we don't have a trade target thread haha.

Didn’t Sloane just Re-Signed?

You'd have to say Dangerfield but my concern with him is his body holding up with the crash and bash style of footy he plays.

Michael Johnson would be nice but i doubt he'd leave WA.

So you would put in a big offer to Rance. It would cost us about 600k to probably get him away from the Tigers
600k wouldn't hurt us too much and yet he'd held strengthen the part of our team that may be most vulnerable going forward, our backline.

I won't say no if Dangerfield chooses us though.

Matt Suckling - we desperately need some kicking skills down back and he won't cost as much as a Dangerfield. Also with Freeman comming through I think we should put our faith behind him becoming that line breaking contested ball winner. Obviously It would be nice if we got Dangerfield but with his high demand will he be worth the money, and he also doesn't add footskills to our side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you give up anything for Sloane except what Adelaide would actually want?

You have to give up something to get something.

Lebron James :cool::cool::cool: and his 9 year old son :cool:

Brent Maccaffer is our only one

No point targeting players like Hawkins who aren't going to leave. I'd love Dangerfield but obviously we would have a lot of competition and he would probably prefer Geelong all things being equal.

No point targeting players like Hawkins who aren't going to leave. I'd love Dangerfield but obviously we would have a lot of competition and he would probably prefer Geelong all things being equal.

Cats are Red Hot Favourites for Dangerfield’s Signature

I'm not sure if I'd go after a free agent this year. I'd perhaps look to trading our first round pick this year for a player in the 21-23 age bracket.

We would have to make the Finals for me to even think about Trading our 1st Round Pick

Back