Opinion Which kid are you most excited about for 2015?

Which kid are you most excited about for 2015?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He may have more talent and upside, but he is still 20, undeveloped and unproven. Rowe and White are still WAY ahead of him. Will be used as depth and play in the 2's until he puts on some size and develops.
Disagree, go have a look at his efforts to spoil, run off and create and get involved in the offensive spread in his direct match up on Lachie Henderson when we played them this year.

Rowe and White cannot do what he done that day against a quality opponent.

No point comparing him to Rowe, they are different sized players.....Rowe is currently much bigger. Jaksch will come in to replace White - Rogers said as much when we traded him in. Not sure where we put White in this instance.....we tried switching him forward last year with some success, and he is a good utility player (and gives us a bit of mongrel). I see Jaksch eventually taking over from Jamo.

No point comparing him to Rowe, they are different sized players.....Rowe is currently much bigger. Jaksch will come in to replace White - Rogers said as much when we traded him in. Not sure where we put White in this instance.....we tried switching him forward last year with some success, and he is a good utility player (and gives us a bit of mongrel). I see Jaksch eventually taking over from Jamo.
Tend to agree with this to some extent Slash but I see Jaksch as our future CHB playing on the 2nd best forward which is currently the role Rowe plays, it is just that Jaksch could be a better 3rd defender for now compared to White until as others have said he bulks up and fills out more.

No slight on Rowe or White, we wanted more talent in the team and we are finally starting to see this over the past year or 2 which is great for our depth.

Tend to agree with this to some extent Slash but I see Jaksch as our future CHB playing on the 2nd best forward which is currently the role Rowe plays, it is just that Jaksch could be a better 3rd defender for now compared to White until as others have said he bulks up and fills out more.

No slight on Rowe or White, we wanted more talent in the team and we are finally starting to see this over the past year or 2 which is great for our depth.
I would anticipate it will eventually switch to Jaksch as the CHB, Rowe as the FB and Jamo playing the third man up (which with a bit of luck helps his longevity and saves his shoulders), but also gives us a very good playmaker out of defense (almost playing the Nick Maxwell-esque leadership role....except Jamo is talented).

I would anticipate it will eventually switch to Jaksch as the CHB, Rowe as the FB and Jamo playing the third man up (which with a bit of luck helps his longevity and saves his shoulders), but also gives us a very good playmaker out of defense (almost playing the Nick Maxwell-esque leadership role....except Jamo is talented).
That would work, dont mind that idea, the inclusion of players like Jaksch creates options and flexibility.

Where is the "All of the above" button?

..........and we still have the draft kids to come. :)

Of course youth isn't everything, but the right youth can do wonders.
Very happy for the above mentioned boys and if we can top up with another 5-6 of the right things through the drafts.........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He may have more talent and upside, but he is still 20, undeveloped and unproven. Rowe and White are still WAY ahead of him. Will be used as depth and play in the 2's until he puts on some size and develops.

We wouldn't have traded him in to play reserves. He's already had two years developing in the NEAFL will at GWS. He will be given plenty of opportunity in out best 22 this years as a third tall defender with the long term goal of him being our CHB. Rogers even said as much in an interview during trade week. I would be shocked if he wasn't in our best 22 come round 1, injury permitting of course.

Some may not agree with me on here, but White is purely a depth player. Just isn't up to AFL standard IMO. However I could see some value of playing him up forward.

We wouldn't have traded him in to play reserves. He's already had two years developing in the NEAFL will at GWS. He will be given plenty of opportunity in out best 22 this years as a third tall defender with the long term goal of him being our CHB. Rogers even said as much in an interview during trade week. I would be shocked if he wasn't in our best 22 come round 1, injury permitting of course.

Some may not agree with me on here, but White is purely a depth player. Just isn't up to AFL standard IMO. However I could see some value of playing him up forward.
Jamison is 28 1/2 and injury prone. Jaksch will play back up KPP for any of Jamison, Rowe or White going down and is the perfect age to replace Jamison when he retires. Jaksch will be around 23/24 when that happens and that is the age for KPP when they can mix it with the best should they have the right stuff.

Josh Kennedy from Syd?
820.jpeg

Josh Kennedy from Syd?

First player I would have said also.
Does weave through traffic very well for a big man and he'll surprise many for being able to do so.

Hard to say where his fitness will be next year but I'd expect him to spend some time forward.
Pretty hard individual to match up on.

Surely it'll be a case of horses for courses. As far as 3rd tall defender options go, Jaksch & White are opposites. A tall, skinny, classy player vs a short, powerful bastard. At the very least White comes in to play on Darling.

Back