Analysis Which opposition player would you have loved to play for us...

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 14, 2015
Free State NSW
AFL Club
Collingwood
I just read MyManLynch's lament that Tony Lockett didn't join Collingwood. He is right.

It is adulterous, and maybe treasonous, but I had man-love for Tony. I ran on the ground twice in Sydney and once at Moorabbin to slap his back after a milestone (he deserved better).

That massive, mulletted, mountain of a man belonged in black and white. We would have won another flag with him.

Name one opposition player who you would currently, or historically, want in black and white.

Cyril Rioli.

Would fit our gameplan as well as he puts allot of forward pressure on and also adds a goal kicker.
Delivers it lace out to forwards.
Is a crumber but can take a hanger.

Player that I've watched? Gary Ablett Junior. If we're looking to players before my time then probably Leigh Matthews.

Leigh Matthews is the best player I have seen live. Saw Ronny Andrews belt him in the goal square at Princes Park one day. Shrugged it off. Starred and smashed Ronny later in the game.

Easily, Adam Treloar.

When he chose Richmond over Collingwood it was just hell, Like I almost folded my life it was traumatic, What a superstar, quick, beautiful kick and a clearance king. Been a star for them since he walked into the joint. Plus he won them a final.

Oh wait.......:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is this a toast thread?

Have you ever made a mistake at 1.45 am Mike?

No compassion! :mad::mad::mad::mad: You are correct though, you pedant. :thumbsu::thumbsu: Will change. :$:$
Now going to kid's sport :):(

EDIT: daughter lost her GF. Contemplating grounding her.

Last edited:
Great idea and fun thread.

Really early days: Albert Thurgood (Essendon star the Wayne Carey of his time)
Then a bit later: Laurie Nash
Moving on: John Coleman
More recent but still back in time: Ted Whitten
Then closer to time: Leigh Matthews (beyond great, and outstanding Coach)
Recent: Tony Lockett (easily one extra flag)
Today: because we could have drafted him Matthew Pavlich (pav with Cloke in 2011! Or in 2002?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back