Which player are you most worried about leaving your club?

Remove this Banner Ad

Clurey is a 21 year old key defender, it's hardly a knock on him that he has only played two games to date. Will likely be a regular for the next few weeks while Trengove is out.

I have seen nothing to suggest he will leave , but I think he should be targeted by other afl clubs if I was to put a neutral cap on he is a perfect target. Was touted as a steal at pick 29. Hard to say what picks a club will have to offer but I would think a pick around 15-25 would be around the mark. But as I've said I've heard nothing that he wants out , he is just a player that could be attracting attention. At 21 , he is prime to replace Carlile in our defense who is 28, and can have a long career next to Trengove and hombsch who are both very young.

Please explain what he has done to warrant a first round pick if he was traded? He's played 2 games in 3 years, is 21 and was Pick 29 in the draft.

It's a trade based on potential.
Because we have Carlile, Trengove and Hombsch and Jonas(who can play tall too) he couldn't get into the side because none of those players would ever get dropped.

He'd probs almost be on 50 games right now if he played for a team that only had 1 good KPD.(like the crows)

In the comment above a pick in the late 20's was a steal and getting a pick 10 picks earlier for 3 years of development would be fair for a player that will be playing AFL for the next 10 years.

He can also play as a big bodied midfield tagger since he's shut down some of the best SANFL players with ease (Magarey medalist Zane Kirkwood and Jack Oatey medalist Matthew Panos).

But in saying that even if someone offered a 1st round pick I'd reject it straight away (unless he asked to leave) because I value him as a player.

Don't mind Suckling leaving. His kicking has been over hyped and he doesn't have a defensive bone in his body. With Birchall plus others like WhiteX, Duryea, Litherland, Howe etc there's depth on the list to cover him.

Breust would be a big blow. And please no one poach Schoey, why would all be so devastated. ;)

Clurey is a 21 year old key defender, it's hardly a knock on him that he has only played two games to date. Will likely be a regular for the next few weeks while Trengove is out.

I have seen nothing to suggest he will leave , but I think he should be targeted by other afl clubs if I was to put a neutral cap on he is a perfect target. Was touted as a steal at pick 29. Hard to say what picks a club will have to offer but I would think a pick around 15-25 would be around the mark. But as I've said I've heard nothing that he wants out , he is just a player that could be attracting attention. At 21 , he is prime to replace Carlile in our defense who is 28, and can have a long career next to Trengove and hombsch who are both very young.
These are the types of hidden gems that are available to the astute recruiter, would hope Hawks were looking at him especially with Kaiden Brand's shoulders being an issue.

These are the types of hidden gems that are available to the astute recruiter, would hope Hawks were looking at him especially with Kaiden Brand's shoulders being an issue.

Clurey re signed this year a month or two ago.

As far as I know the only players currently not signed at port are shultz , butcher , and maybe Moore although I'm not confirmed on that.

Suckling and Whitecross although i doubt either would leave. quite confident thay will stay.

Out of interest. What compensation would we get for Whitecross and Suckling if they were to leave.
I can see both of these guys leaving as Free Agents. Whitecross would be a cheap option for Brisbane and is a QLDer, just has struggled to break back into team post knee reco however will be better for the run in 2016.
Suckling is interesting though, got his flag last year and would go well at the Giants or Suns.

I would be more worried about losing Jed Anderson or James Sicily who have enormous promise.

Charlie Dixon. Unsigned, contract finished at the end of the season. Clubs would kill for big Charlie if he doesn't injure himself this season, and although he's a Queenslander and reportedly loves the Suns, I'm petrified that he'll leave for more cash at the club that actually puts the effort in. He's coming right into his prime and is worth every cent. We've got the coin, but I'm worried he'll leave.
Well s**t. Posted this on May 17 this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Possibly worried about O'Meara and Prestia wanting out if we don't perform next year in the field and off it too.

You want to put that out there after the last handful of quotes showing posters shooting themselves in the foot?

Well done, you just guaranteed he walks out. I hope you're happy!

You want to put that out there after the last handful of quotes showing posters shooting themselves in the foot?

Well done, you just guaranteed he walks out. I hope you're happy!
I genuinely hope Rockliff, Martin, Zorko, Squizzy, and Robinson don't all quit and request a trade to the Suns ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back