Which player are you most worried about leaving your club?

Remove this Banner Ad

WCE chased Conca hard at the end of 2013
Fremantle threw big big dollars at Riewoldt
Hawthorn put a large contract in front of Rance
Dustin Martin turned down a 750k py contract from GWS in his first year
Cotchin knocked back a lucrative offer from Gold Coast
Collingwood were chasing Vickery very hard this year, Vickery knocked them back
Lennon being chased by Carlton this year, said no thanks

Clubs have gone after our stars, and failed. My club has retained players on less then market value, we have signed players from other clubs on modest contracts, signed Yarran on less then he was getting at Carlton.

You have Kept your Good Players and you kept them but you failed to Attract them. Yarran was the only 1 you got

2 years only.

If we don't make the 8 in 2016 he'll leave at the end of 2017, and if he leaves, the whole club falls apart.

You have some good Kids. It would hurt losing Shiel but you have so much Young Talent you could cover him

Daniel Talia is a chance. Hear the Hawks are after him. Swung and missed on Carlisle but now interested in Talia. Pretty dangerous considering the Hawks always get their man. Same source as the Hawks fans bagged me for saying they were after Carlisle in August.

It would be surprising if Talia left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really don't care who leaves anymore but I would say Mayes is the most likely to leave because that's just what South Australians do when they play for the Lions
I'd be worried about retaining some of your big boys next year or year after or so, particularly as you are expected to take Schache and Hipwood to add onto your young growing KPP stocks and Chol maybe too?

That's potentially McStay, Andrews, Close, Freeman, Beasley, Schache, Hipwood, Gardiner, Clarke etc (probably more that I've missed) then a couple of older blokes who will play in Merrett, Martin and Walker and West as a depth ruck. Can't see how they are all retained if they come good as competition for spots will be very high.

I'd be worried about retaining some of your big boys next year or year after or so, particularly as you are expected to take Schache and Hipwood to add onto your young growing KPP stocks and Chol maybe too?

That's potentially McStay, Andrews, Close, Freeman, Beasley, Schache, Hipwood, Gardiner, Clarke etc (probably more that I've missed) then a couple of older blokes who will play in Merrett, Martin and Walker and West as a depth ruck. Can't see how they are all retained if they come good as competition for spots will be very high.
Actually
It's sure to help most clubs will be looking out for Kpp'ers

I think we shoud draft someone who wants there you would fell the same if your club kept losing player's Oliver at 2 would be just as good and he would actually want to be there

I'm not sure I see the logic in taking someone who's allegedly a fan (although to date I'm pretty sure the only report I've seen on that is your repeated posts) versus someone who's put themselves on the record as looking forward to finish what his dad started at Brisbane. They both have a reason to stay, they undoubtedly both have some potential for homesickness/poaching.

I'm not sure I see the logic in taking someone who's allegedly a fan (although to date I'm pretty sure the only report I've seen on that is your repeated posts) versus someone who's put themselves on the record as looking forward to finish what his dad started at Brisbane. They both have a reason to stay, they undoubtedly both have some potential for homesickness/poaching.
There was a video on the AFL website which had the players questioned what teams they supported Oliver is a Lions supporter but that's fine you don't believe me check that out instead are you even a Lions supporter? I often read you posting your a GWS supporter

There was a video on the AFL website which had the players questioned what teams they supported Oliver is a Lions supporter but that's fine you don't believe me

I believe you, I just hadn't seen the interview linked at any point - just your posts stating that he is a supporter.

check that out instead are you even a Lions supporter? I often read you posting your a GWS supporter

OTOH you're also just being a bit of a tool here.

I can see why lions fans might be cautious about a high draft pick, but not wanting a player just because he doesn't support your club is ridiculous talk no matter how many players you've had walk out of your club. Especially when said player has links to the club and has said it would be pretty cool if he ended up in Brisbane, and is the number 2 prospect in the country. Only a small minority of players ever wind up being drafted to or even playing for the team they supported growing up.

Back on topic, I am worried 2MP might want to leave if he doesn't get more games next year, and I can see him getting an offer to good to refuse from a VIC team similar to Boyd (obviously not as big though.).

Bloke I work with is a mad Melbourne supporter and his mother in law has a few connections at the club she usually gets him signed jerseys for his birthday.

The jerseys she has gotten him in the past are Scott Thompson, Shane Woewodin, Travis Johnson Tom Scully, James Frawley and Jeremy Howe, He received a new one for his birthday last night it was Jesse Hogan's jersey, He truly believes she's ****ed the club with this latest gift, He's terrified lol.

I think we shoud draft someone who wants there you would fell the same if your club kept losing player's Oliver at 2 would be just as good and he would actually want to be there
Pretty sure that Schache has actually indicated that he wants to go to the Lions, so what's the issue?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back