Which player(s) will emerge in 2015?

Remove this Banner Ad

PuntingFanatic

Senior List
Mar 1, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Which player or players do you think will really elevate and announce themselves to elite status in season 2015? Be it a player who's been around and steps up or just a fresh faced new recruit.

In before Liam Jones.

Depends on what you mean by emerge - I like the look of Lachie Neale, but he may already be considered "emerged".

There's probably a dozen GWS/GC mids who could move from promising to almost elite in the next year or two, so the sensible money is on one of them.

From the dogs, I just hope that one of our developing KPDs can step up and give us a solid spine for the first time in a while.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon (next to the already mentioned Dusty) Griffiths, Astbury and maybe Kamdyn McIntosh could be the big bolters for us.

Griffiths looks our best bet for a good foil for Riewoldt - probably just needs 1 big breakout game for his confidence.

Astbury (if he can stay fit) is our best lockdown KPD and could get a reputation as one of the better negating full backs given a clean bill of health.

McIntosh is an exciting prospect. Showed quite a bit in his NAB cup games and is one who could debut early in the season. Great running capacity and height (192 IIRC).

From my own team, I reckon Dustin Martin is right on the cusp, and will rise to that level this year as one of the top 15 players for the year.
Looks a million bucks and ready to explode this year. He has the capacity to be a top 5 player in the comp imo.

Putting my North hat on, Ben Cunnington will go from being considered a promising inside mid to being considered a top level one, something we at North have known for some time. For a slow, stocky mid he has got some serious evasive manouvers, a great understanding of how to work within congestion and elite hands and vision. Not a bad leading forward either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back