Which player will be the "should have retired last season" player this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Think chappy and fletcher will struggle to be best 22 this year. Winderlich looks done and dusted due to injury as well

I suspect if Essendon didn't have the threat of ASADA suspensions hanging over him, they would have let Winderlich cross to Richmond (as heavily speculated)

I suspect you may have delisted Tayte Pears as well (hard to see him getting back in ur best 22, unless injuries occur)

Pears had a contract. The ASADA case was a reason to let winderlich go, not to retain him.

He was retained because he is a quality player and person.

Tough on Goodes last year. Had a 30 goal season. Certainly better than Sam Reid.

I think if he drops more this year he'll play as a sub most games.
yeah true but thats kind of the point. There is nothing worse than having a club legend taking a spot on your list when they are clearly past it. Then again a player like him I think would know when his time is up

Jimmy Bartel will go downhill quicker than Sam Mitchell.

Bookmark it.

Don't think there's much that suggests either will go quickly. Both slow as s**t but excellent old fashioned footballers who just know where to be on the field and very highly skilled. Neither seem to get too many injuries either although Jimmy is probably one bad concussion away from having to quit.

Have a sneaking suspicion that Lake might carry this tag this year, thought he slowed down a lot last year when he managed to get onto the park, might be masked by having Frawley and Gibson as your number two and three defenders so they can swap around with relative ease.

Yep can easily see Lake falling out of best 22 and losing motivation and retiring mid season

I suspect if Essendon didn't have the threat of ASADA suspensions hanging over him, they would have let Winderlich cross to Richmond (as heavily speculated)

I suspect you may have delisted Tayte Pears as well (hard to see him getting back in ur best 22, unless injuries occur)
If we didn't have ASADA over our head Licha wouldn't have wanted to go to Richmond in the first place so I'm unsure what point you're making.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm gonna say Brent harvey, I reckon he will struggle this year.
Based on what? Shows no signs of slowing down. Made AA squad last year. Kicked 29 goals (1.3 goals/game) while averaging 25+ disposals a game. I wouldn't imagine many players in the AFL can boast about those stats.
Boomer would walk into any teams best 22 in the comp.

Fletcher on the other hand. That guy absolutely sucks hahaha.

Last edited:
Judd, is only 1 soft tissue injury away from being finished
Sandilands, can just see his impact on the game quickly diminishing as he gets even slower around the ground.
Fletcher, holding up a spot on a list to play 7 games is selfish

Hows is it being selfish? We are going to witness not 1 player reaching 400 but 2 players reaching it going to be great when it happens because we wont see anything like this again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back