Which player would be a perfect fit for your club?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 2, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brothers of Destruction
The Berger for Richmond. Against Sandilands he had 51 hitouts, 2 goals and 9 tackles.

Maric got demolished by Naitanui 15 to 33 in hitouts and 20 to 47 against Sandilands. Berger just turned 27, injury prone so watch this space, but he's the type of ruck man who switches clubs, hits peak form and dominates. We all know ruckmen take longer to develop. Maric is turning 30 in January, we've got no backup for him (Hampson doesn't count) and I don't think he can play 22-25 games next year, I just don't see it.

We need to get a good ruckman, what could we give away for Leuenberger? I think he'll attract some big offers if he plays well next week. Possibly Astbury/Conca?

What player would you like to see at your club next year?

I'd love for North to dangle something in front of Calrton for Chris Yarran, just to see what we could get him for. Disciplinary issues aside, he's a beautiful kick and a good player.

I saw it. I'm sure the list managers at most clubs did.

I'm tipping that Essendon, Melbourne, WB and several other clubs will at least weigh up an offer to him depending on where they think they are at with free agency.

If he wants a regular game with little challenge for the first ruck spot then he'd choose Essendon, especially if Bellchambers is traded or remains plagued by injury.

Richmond would be interesting. Maric struggles against the elite ruckman but is otherwise an above average player and a heart and soul guy. It would be a bold move to bring a successor in for him.

I'd love for North to dangle something in front of Calrton for Chris Yarran, just to see what we could get him for. Disciplinary issues aside, he's a beautiful kick and a good player.

The last thing you need at North is a soft downhill skier.

Josh Bruce.

He would compliment Cloke very well.

Could have recruited him for SFA only a couple of years ago.

And Basically any a grade onball in there mid 20's.

Edit: I didnt know the player had to be available. So Dixon and Danger are the 2 players that would make us a serious flag threat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leuenberger actually isn't that good unless he plays as the #1 ruck. He thrived today because Stef Martin was out. When Martin comes back in he'll go back to being the #2 ruckman and playing forward where he hasn't had that much impact.

He's arguably an upgrade on Maric, but I don't think he'd make that big a difference to Richmond's fortunes. I wouldn't play him in the same side as Maric either.

Tom Hawkins or Travis Cloke are the forwards we've been screaming out for all year. One of those two would fill the void in our team

Fyfe just because he is the best player in the comp and I would rather have him on the inside pissing out. Or either a big key forward or a ruck who can hit to advantage so Paddy can stay forward instead of going 3rd man up

Remove this Banner Ad

Back