Which player would be a perfect fit for your club?

Remove this Banner Ad

askdotcom

All Australian
Oct 25, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Leuenberger actually isn't that good unless he plays as the #1 ruck. He thrived today because Stef Martin was out. When Martin comes back in he'll go back to being the #2 ruckman and playing forward where he hasn't had that much impact.

He's arguably an upgrade on Maric, but I don't think he'd make that big a difference to Richmond's fortunes. I wouldn't play him in the same side as Maric either.
thats why you do play him number 1 ruck... he would be very good at a team that needed a ruckman.

richcogs

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2004
Wodonga
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
Rioli would be perfect for us, just the player we need. Small forward with great skills, that provides great defensive pressure. Breust would be another along with NicNat. Straight swap Vickery or Griffiths or both for Dixon.

Jul 13, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Charlotte Hornets, Chelsea, Striker
Any creative key defender, or creative good ball user/line breaker.

Alex Rance would be pretty much top of any teams shopping list.

If not him, I would love a player like Yarran or Motlop. Forget the off field garbage, we need pace and footskills...

Dump Truck

Club Legend
Aug 18, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Dangerfield, that way we could rotate Fyfe/Danger forward to the square or just have both in the square for the bounce.

Our KPF stocks are s^&t so I'd love Hogan/Mcarthy/Cameron or someone like that.

Sep 19, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Leuenberger actually isn't that good unless he plays as the #1 ruck. He thrived today because Stef Martin was out. When Martin comes back in he'll go back to being the #2 ruckman and playing forward where he hasn't had that much impact.

He's arguably an upgrade on Maric, but I don't think he'd make that big a difference to Richmond's fortunes. I wouldn't play him in the same side as Maric either.

Spot on. He is a ruck only.

Having said that there are a few clubs that might be keen on him in that role. Essendon, Bulldogs, Geelong, Sydney, Melbourne all spring to mind as clubs that would be happy to play him as the sole/ number one ruck. Richmond maybe.

We are resigned to losing him on our board unfortunately. Hopefully he can secure a reasonable contract that gives us at least second round compo as we might need an extra pick to help secure some academy kids.

Might work out well for us but could also be a flop if Martin spends the next four years on and off the paddock with injuries.

Could play the all tall forward line of

Black Cameron Brown
Waite Daw Petrie
Get rid of Waite, Black and Petrie and you've got an exciting forward line

(Log in to remove this ad.)

biggiemediums

Norm Smith Medallist
WCE Wings Guernsey
Jul 20, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Think Pies should go out huge for Dangerous Charlie Dixon.

Our midfield is gonna be stacked for a while. Our defense is basically all kids. Its our forward line that holds us back in the big games.

Big Dixon alongside Cloke takes pressure off White. Puts him on the 3rd defender rather than the second.

Any of the top 20(?) mids in the comp...Preference to the younger and quicker ones.

We don't want a lot of specific needs, just upgrades on current players, and every team can use another quality mid.

Longer term, someone to take over from Maric in a year or two.

Dec 19, 2011
Ballarat
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man Utd, Seattle SuperSonics, SA Spurs
Think Pies should go out huge for Dangerous Charlie Dixon.

Our midfield is gonna be stacked for a while. Our defense is basically all kids. Its our forward line that holds us back in the big games.

Big Dixon alongside Cloke takes pressure off White. Puts him on the 3rd defender rather than the second.
Getting another big forward puts White in the reserves, or better yet, delisted.

Harley Bennell or any player with disciplinary issues. Bloods culture will change that straight away.
Lance Franklin's had more off field indiscretions at Sydney than he did at Hawthorn..?

Back