Which players are 'burning up the track'

Remove this Banner Ad

Every team has heaps of players training the house down
Pity not all of them step up in the real season.

Can't say Carlton have.
Most of the work has been with game-play drills, which is a very stop start affair and difficult to get any gauge on an individuals from.

Ones that have stood out though, for varying reasons:

Gibbs & Menzel: Just oozing class.
Liam Jones: Surprised to see the 198cm ex-Dog move so fluently.
Clem Smith: Energetic type with some very clever moves.

Much too early yet.

The Dogs have had to take out a compulsory purchase order on all houses within a 1km radius of the Whitten Oval. They've been damaged beyond repair. Bontempelli keeps training them down. They're thinking of sending him to a cow paddock north of Whittllsea to train on his own.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thetank

Club Legend
Aug 1, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
Jack Watts has been training the house down so much, he has twinged his groin.

(at least we know he has one)

LANGFORDandSON

All Australian
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
From this, during the season:
Bonts.jpg

To this:
353222-tlsgallerylandscape.jpg

Inb4 ASADA probe. An article on the AFL site - google Marcus Bontempelli pre season - says he has put on 7kg. He was 85kg during the season just gone so is over the 90kg mark now

4 of the 5 kilos has gone to his chin going by those photos.

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
From this, during the season:
Bonts.jpg

To this:
353222-tlsgallerylandscape.jpg

Inb4 ASADA probe. An article on the AFL site - google Marcus Bontempelli pre season - says he has put on 7kg. He was 85kg during the season just gone so is over the 90kg mark now
They said on the radio today he's grown height wise too. I reckon he's probably sitting around the 195cm/90kg mark now, turned 19 this month... As nice as it would be to have someone like that in the midfield I'd be so tempted to turn him into a CHF. With Boyd at FF, Bonts at CHF and Stringer in the pocket we could potentially have 3 elite key forwards, as a dogs fan thats just too ******* weird I can't handle it

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Dayne Beams is mid pack for fitness compared to when he was one of the best at Collingwood, just goes to show how far behind Collingwood really are. Can't wait to see what he can do with a decent fitness program.

Maybe after signing that big contract he decided to slack off and enjoy Christmas?:D

What was holding him back early last year? Knee? Ankle?

May be giving it a rest before ramping up. Those guys who've been around a while don't need to do mega training loads before Christmas. Just stay uninjured and manage your recovery from surgery / injury.

MrFujiMoto

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks, Norwood Redlegs
Angus Litherland, Sam Mitchell, Billy Hartung, Jon O' Rourke, Grant Birchall, Ben McEvoy, Izzy Smith are the names I have heard are tearing it up from the Hawks.

Angus Litherland, Sam Mitchell, Billy Hartung, Jon O' Rourke, Grant Birchall, Ben McEvoy, Izzy Smith are the names I have heard are tearing it up from the Hawks.
Good to see Big Boy McEvoy tearing it up. Great bloke.

Halftimehero

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 26, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Tyrone Vickery apparently, going to propel himself to one of the greatest ruck/forwards the game has ever seen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back