Which players are 'burning up the track'

Remove this Banner Ad

Good to see Big Boy McEvoy tearing it up. Great bloke.
Was third in the time trial and said he felt better than he has before. Physically looks fitter too. Agree, he is a quality individual. The way he hadled being relegated to the seconds last year was first class.

Was third in the time trial and said he felt better than he has before. Physically looks fitter too. Agree, he is a quality individual. The way he hadled being relegated to the seconds last year was first class.
Good to know mate & he still ended up with a well deserved premiership medal. Kudos to the big fella!

Dayle Garlett was stealing a few cheap possessions but I believe his pre-season has been put on ice.
Mate your a GOOSE you think that s**t is being funny can't wait till someone in your family is affected by that s**t then maybe you will see that it is something you just don't joke about. :mad:

Does Kane Cornes count?
He ran a 9 minute 3k on his first day back and continued to smash the running drills over in Dubai. Even though that doesn't mean much.
Just to put this in context to olympic athletes, the last marathon winner, was doing basically 9min 3ker's for the whole 42k's of the marathon.

Just to put this in context to olympic athletes, the last marathon winner, was doing basically 9min 3ker's for the whole 42k's of the marathon.
He probably weighs about 60kg not 85kg though doesn't he! Which is part of the reason the best runners from the under 18's who get drafted often end up right at the front of the running at their clubs in their first preseason before they've put on any size.

Dayne Beams is mid pack for fitness compared to when he was one of the best at Collingwood, just goes to show how far behind Collingwood really are. Can't wait to see what he can do with a decent fitness program.
Crisp and Karnezis will go backwards after training the house down with Brisbane.

He probably weighs about 60kg not 85kg though doesn't he! Which is part of the reason the best runners from the under 18's who get drafted often end up right at the front of the running at their clubs in their first preseason before they've put on any size.
Oh no doubt but they are still doing those 14 times over!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From this, during the season:
Bonts.jpg

To this:
353222-tlsgallerylandscape.jpg

Inb4 ASADA probe. An article on the AFL site - google Marcus Bontempelli pre season - says he has put on 7kg. He was 85kg during the season just gone so is over the 90kg mark now

He is one player that could be a KPF (Big frame, now tall and skinny frame) rotating onball - a bit like Roughead at Hawks or Pavlich about a decade ago

Muz still hard to miss out there?

Gone from a guy that had little work effect, to one of our hardest trainers.
Jail was probably the wake up he needed. Always had sublime talent is now working hard.
He will be good to watch next year, is doing all the mid drills with Matt Priddis at the moment.
But being a rookie will have to await to round 12 before he can play for us.

Last edited:
The reason everyone overreacts come round 1 is a direct result of all this build up of hope and expectation that comes from every single club. I understand the need to sell memberships but some clubs' marketing and media set themselves up for a big fall. (hope its not us!)
They're big into the records and new sciences. What they fail to tell us is that every team gets better every year on the track.

Can't say Carlton have.
Most of the work has been with game-play drills, which is a very stop start affair and difficult to get any gauge on an individuals from.

Ones that have stood out though, for varying reasons:

Gibbs & Menzel: Just oozing class.
Liam Jones: Surprised to see the 198cm ex-Dog move so fluently.
Clem Smith: Energetic type with some very clever moves.

Much too early yet.
Jones always moved fluently, it was when the footy got into his mitts that the issues started.

They said on the radio today he's grown height wise too. I reckon he's probably sitting around the 195cm/90kg mark now, turned 19 this month... As nice as it would be to have someone like that in the midfield I'd be so tempted to turn him into a CHF. With Boyd at FF, Bonts at CHF and Stringer in the pocket we could potentially have 3 elite key forwards, as a dogs fan thats just too ******* weird I can't handle it
All the Premierships!

They'd better watch out for Ricky Petterd, Matthew Bate and Brad Green though. I heard they're a great trio.

Does Kane Cornes count?
He ran a 9 minute 3k on his first day back and continued to smash the running drills over in Dubai. Even though that doesn't mean much.
Has always been supremely fit. Was "gone" 3 years ago but decided to stick it out. Glad he did.

All the Premierships!

They'd better watch out for Ricky Petterd, Matthew Bate and Brad Green though. I heard they're a great trio.
Remember when we tried to give you a late first/2nd rounder (can't remember which one) for Bate... *shivers*

Jones always moved fluently, it was when the footy got into his mitts that the issues started.

If he's keeping up in time trials I'll be surprised. Was always bottom 3 at the dogs. Can take a mark with a good run at the ball. He's like N.Reiwoldt without the work ethic/ability.

Sam Gibson for us. Scott McMahon has also dropped a bit of weight.
Gibo is an incredible trainer and leader of men. If his footy skills were as good, he'd have been the next Mitchell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back