Which players are you hoping get more game time in 2016?

Remove this Banner Ad

TheHumanShoe

Team Captain
Oct 7, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
I have no idea if this thread exists already/something similar but oh well.

Personally I'm hoping that Barrass and Lamb get more game time and Nelson keeps making his way back into the side like this year (hopefully not because of injuries).

I didn't mention Duggan because we all know he'll be there. ;)

Hope we are like Hawthorn who always seem to give 30+ players game time during the season means they always have depth.

Jordan Lewis mentioned that a while ago when they were talking about Fremantle resting everyone before the finals. He basically said Hawthorn has had a resting policy for years but do it through the year instead of one big clump.

I think we are surely heading in that direction. We have genuine depth everywhere IMO.

Barrass and Lamb may need a little more time in the oven before they get a regular gig, but do hope they get a few games here and there for experience. Nelson will probably get a few games in the middle in order to further develop him as a mid. Waterman should get a few games in the 2nd half of the year once he returns to full fitness.

Lamb for sure. Let's hope all that new muscle translates to some attention from the selectas

would like to see more of Lamb, if Gov stays back then we could play 3 kpf's and a resting ruckmen.
Barrass given more chances.
Duggan to have the same opportunities as sheed in 2015.
Nelson to come in soon as ellis and butler start producing average footy
Partington and cole to debut and play a few games
If Waterman gets back to full health, i would like to see him debut and play a few games.

The obvious ones that have been mentioned already, Duggan, Nelson, Lamb, Barrass. Depending on what happens through pre season it's basically a given that we'll see more of Lycett. Would also like to see the new guys perform through pre season and early in the WAFL season to press for a debut like our draftees last year.

Also hoping Cavka and Waterman can have close to a full season for the Royals.

And I know this thread is about increased game time but I hope to see continued improvement from the likes of Adamson, Brophy, Karpany and McInnis in the WAFL and Yeo, Sheed, Sheppard, McGovern and Cripps in the seniors.

Last edited:
I know that Brown isn't our most popular defender and is behind Emac and Schofield, there are questions about his agility etc, but I'd like to see him in the team for a good chunk of the season. I reckon he can do the one-on-one lockdown role really well and this'll be needed in some games / not in others. Some rotation in our back 6 each round could work really well, with one or two of Schofield, Brown, Barrass, Ellis, Butler, Nelson swapping between rounds. Would be really interesting to see.

On a completely unrelated note my autocorrect tried to make Schofield into "Schoolchild"; what's the go with that, Will?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brandtrick McGinnolledge

Remove this Banner Ad

Back