Which show is better Family Guy or Southpark?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ah, it was only a matter of time before this pretentious crap was introduced into the thread.

I was not intending to be pretentious it is just that people say Family Guy is crap because it is so random. The whole point of the show is its randomness. If you do not like it then that is fine. I have never properly watched South Park, but appreciate it for its commentary on pertinent social/cultural affairs.

I was not intending to be pretentious it is just that people say Family Guy is crap because it is so random. The whole point of the show is its randomness. If you do not like it then that is fine. I have never properly watched South Park, but appreciate it for its commentary on pertinent social/cultural affairs.

100% spot on :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Yes but my point was that that doesn't necessarily mean they don't 'get' it, they may just think that random humour is crap.

Family Guy was awesome, then they seemed to run out of ideas and stuggles now with a few good bits every now and then.

South Park on the other hand, was good for the first 5 seasons and then went mental after that and became absolutely amazing.

Jack Watts option??

But seriously, South Park by so far it is not even funny. The South Park "Family Guy"episode pretty much sums it up. A cracker episode that one as well :thumbsu:

Jack Watts option??

But seriously, South Park by so far it is not even funny. The South Park "Family Guy"episode pretty much sums it up. A cracker episode that one as well :thumbsu:

"You think thats bad remember that time I had a date with Gary Coleman"

Manatees ftw.

"Cartman: Do you have any idea what it's like? Everywhere I go: Hey Cartman you must like Family Guy, right? Hey, your sense of humor reminds me of Family Guy, Cartman! I am nothing like Family Guy! When I make jokes they are inherent to a story! Deep situational and emotional jokes based on what is relevant and has a point, not just one random interchangeable joke after another!"

southpark easily.......seasons 1,2 and 3 of family guy were great but anything after that has been rubbish.......regurgitating the same jokes from the 1st three seasons. having said that south park is probably past its use by date also
Agreed, the new episodes of Family Guy are about as funny as the new episodes of the Simpsons.

What a waste of money the newest season of Family Guy was, total crap.

The first 11 seasons of the Simpsons were absolutely amazing. It was hard to find a bad episode. It's a shame that these days it's hard to find a good episode.

Can you imagine if the Simpsons was still as awesome as it was back in the day. We can dream :(.

I've honestly never seen a show with more lazy writing than Family Guy. I seriously think anyone one this thread could write a Family Guy episode with similar quality to what they're putting on the air now.

The reason why is that the humour is completely one dimensional. I'll give an example from an episode I saw the other night. That horrible 'the bird is the word' episode. The scene where Brian and Stewie smash up the record, ala Office Space. It's just a shot for shot rip off from that scene. There's nothing changed, no attempt at satire, nothing. There's examples of stuff like that in pretty much every single episode I've seen post-cancellation.

Family Guy is the 'Date Movie' of television.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've always disliked Family Guy so it's pleasing to see the amount of hate it gets these day. South Park ftw.

I like American Dad though. Well, did when I last watched it about 2 or 3 seasons ago.

South Park by a country mile.
Family Guy has got progressively poorer recently.

I believe you can generally judge the quality of a writer by the other shows they produce. I mean, Futurama wasn't as good as The Simpsons, but it was still very good. Team America was also amusing.

American Dad is passable at best, and The Cleveland show is just pathetic. McFarlane just uses the "randomness" factor in all his shows, and it's wearing a bit thin imo.

I think it was that transitional stage (i'm not sure whether it was on purpose or not) where Stewie went from evil, to sort of sarcastic, was when family guy lost all of it's appeal. Not particually because Stewie wasn't evil, but when he was, the show was better. South Park is just hilarious. Cannot understand how people don't find it funny. The only thing which is a shame, is how officer barbrady isn't on anymore. Its a tough call between Officer Barbrady and Lenny, as the best TV character of all time. Does nyone actually know what happened to Officer Barbrady?

I think it was that transitional stage (i'm not sure whether it was on purpose or not) where Stewie went from evil, to sort of sarcastic, was when family guy lost all of it's appeal. Not particually because Stewie wasn't evil, but when he was, the show was better. South Park is just hilarious. Cannot understand how people don't find it funny. The only thing which is a shame, is how officer barbrady isn't on anymore. Its a tough call between Officer Barbrady and Lenny, as the best TV character of all time. Does nyone actually know what happened to Officer Barbrady?

Neither come anywhere near the best TV character of all time. Also, I think Barbrady became an alcoholic and was let go.

Surprised the poll is this close.

Pretty much agreed with much of what has been said, South Park to me is probably the greatest animated show of all time and completely dominates anything currently being produced.

South Park by a country mile. I don't get Family guy. I find the show boring and the episodes i watched never made me laugh. I just don't understand some american humour. King of the Hill is great tho. I rate that up with South Park.

Neither come anywhere near the best TV character of all time. Also, I think Barbrady became an alcoholic and was let go.

Obviously it's my opinion. Maybe i should have said for an animation, as i havent gotten into friends or seinfeld (curb your enthusiasm is hilarious), but Lenny makes me laugh more than anyone else on TV

+1,000,000 to whoever said FG is lazy.

This is how an episode is produced.

Think of 10 random things that might be funny, and some intended to offend.

Fill the rest of the show linking to said funny things.

Not to say some of them arent funny, but it can't compare with a show that manages humour within legible plot/story/character

Does nyone actually know what happened to Officer Barbrady?

They replaced Barbrady as South Park's only cop with an actual one. They've been in a few episodes, Sgt. Yates is actually pretty ****ing funny. I think Barbrady's been in the background of a few recent episodes, but not as an actual character.

South Park's phased out a lot of the earlier season characters though. Ned and Jimbo, Jesus, Mr. Mackey, Tweak, Wendy, Cartman's Mum, etc. have all been reduced to background characters or not seen at all. But when you consider they've brought Butters and Randy in as essentially major characters it's alright. :thumbsu:

+1,000,000 to whoever said FG is lazy.

This is how an episode is produced.

Think of 10 random things that might be funny, and some intended to offend.

Fill the rest of the show linking to said funny things.

Not to say some of them arent funny, but it can't compare with a show that manages humour within legible plot/story/character

absolutely. Southpark summed FG up perfectly in the dolphin episode. I absolutely hate homer simpson and think he's overratede. FG has basically moulded it's show on homer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back