Which show is better Family Guy or Southpark?

Remove this Banner Ad

Perhaps some people find random humour funny, as opposed to 2 circles pasted together getting on a soapbox every week :thumbsu:

You prefer Family Guy for the animation qualities?

I actually don't go out of my way to watch either show, but I do understand that it takes a little more talent to cobble together some kind of plot line rather than continually relying on a lame assemblage of random one liners.

To be fair, The first couple of seasons of family guy were quality. The jokes, albeit not related to the story line, were pretty damn funny

Yep.

I enjoyed the first two seasons a lot. I know it was just random and pointless, but I still found it bloody funny. But having said that, I'd struggle to watch those episodes again and find it even half as funny.

Season Three was pretty good, whilst Season Four and Season Five started to go down hill as things were getting old. It just seemed it was being random for the sake of being random.

Haven't bothered much with Family Guy since, and the few episodes I've seen have been atrocious. The Surfin' Bird and Swamp Monster episodes were unbelievably s**t, particularly the latter one.

Meanwhile, South Park are still writing classic episodes with a point that are relevant to today's society.

A ridiculous amount of daylight between the two shows.

You prefer Family Guy for the animation qualities?

I actually don't go out of my way to watch either show, but I do understand that it takes a little more talent to cobble together some kind of plot line rather than continually relying on a lame assemblage of random one liners.

South Park is light years ahead of Family Guy in regards to the thought and effort it takes to make an episode.

But that's not really the point.

I know that a chef has gone to a lot of trouble with the Salmon Aioli stack with Quail beak jus and julienne fennel leaves... But it's 1am, and all I feel like is a frickin Whopper. You know?

Perhaps some people find random humour funny, as opposed to 2 circles pasted together getting on a soapbox every week :thumbsu:

Don't get me wrong, i like family guy to an extent, it just isn't as funny as South Park

I know that a chef has gone to a lot of trouble with the Salmon Aioli stack with Quail beak jus and julienne fennel leaves... But it's 1am, and all I feel like is a frickin Whopper. You know?

Thats a pretty good analogy actually.

South Park is light years ahead of Family Guy in regards to the thought and effort it takes to make an episode.

I don't entirely agree with that. I'm fairly sure most South Park episodes are made on the fly - things like Imaginationland and Warcraft episode are not - and mostly consist with what's pissing off Trey Parker this week. They make the episodes a week or so before it airs for that reason, so it's really current.

South park by so far it isnt funny.

I havent even watched much of the last 2 or 3 seasons but mostly, this show is gold. I think the season without Kenny had some of the best stuff (eg Asspen, Lord of the Rings, Ladder to Heaven etc), and some other episodes are great. Randy Marsh is one of the funniest characters of all time.

South park by so far it isnt funny.

I havent even watched much of the last 2 or 3 seasons but mostly, this show is gold. I think the season without Kenny had some of the best stuff (eg Asspen, Lord of the Rings, Ladder to Heaven etc), and some other episodes are great. Randy Marsh is one of the funniest characters of all time.

This is precisely my opion, down to not seeing the last few seasons and the season without kenny being gold :thumbsu::thumbsu:

South Park $hits all over Family Guy, I cant stand Family Guy for many reason but one season is those stupid flashback jokes that have nothing to do with the story, plus they copied The Simpsons, but that's another matter

I especially hate that episode where Peter mothers Stewie and breastfeeds him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think both these shows are great, but South Park is clearly better. It has been going for 14 seasons now and still produces comedy gold. Family Guy's season 7 was rather bad in most episodes. They are getting back now, but still, South Park is funnier.

south park is probably past its use by date also

South Park may be on the wane but it was great up to Season 11 at least.

Talking about cartoon past their best before date, how about The Simpsons?

That has been horrible for the last 16 years. Great up to Season 4, it should have been axed midway through Season 5 when it gave up on subtle humour.

South Park may be on the wane but it was great up to Season 11 at least.

Talking about cartoon past their best before date, how about The Simpsons?

That has been horrible for the last 16 years. Great up to Season 4, it should have been axed midway through Season 5 when it gave up on subtle humour.
Wow, that's a big call.

First 5 seasons was the very best, but it was more than watchable, with moments of brilliance, until season 9. I like many others choose to pinpoint "The Principal and the Pauper" as the end of the line.

Family Guy has become so bad that I don't even bother downloading it. South Park is still going strong and they keep coming up with great episodes most weeks.

Wow, that's a big call.

First 5 seasons was the very best, but it was more than watchable, with moments of brilliance, until season 9. I like many others choose to pinpoint "The Principal and the Pauper" as the end of the line.

I would argue that the quality started to fall towards the end of season 4, when Whacking Day came along, signalling less humour, and greater use of celebrities such as Barry White portaying themselves on screen rather than actors such as Kelsey Grammer, Danny De vito and Dustin Hoffman voicing characters.

This was further entrenched with the Gabbo vs Krusty season finale celebrity spectacular, and followed up in season 5 and beyond with a seemingly endless parade of guest stars. More than that, in season 5 Marge on the Lam (Thelma and Loiuse), Rosebud (Mr Burns lost teddy bear Bobo) and Bart Gets and Elephant were all departures from reality that could only be done in cartoon form, but just weren't funny.

I had every episode on video up to Rosebud, then just stopped watching. It was like watching a 40 year old brownlow medalist refusing to hang up the boots.

I would argue that the quality started to fall towards the end of season 4, when Whacking Day came along, signalling less humour, and greater use of celebrities such as Barry White portaying themselves on screen rather than actors such as Kelsey Grammer, Danny De vito and Dustin Hoffman voicing characters.

This was further entrenched with the Gabbo vs Krusty season finale celebrity spectacular, and followed up in season 5 and beyond with a seemingly endless parade of guest stars. More than that, in season 5 Marge on the Lam (Thelma and Loiuse), Rosebud (Mr Burns lost teddy bear Bobo) and Bart Gets and Elephant were all departures from reality that could only be done in cartoon form, but just weren't funny.

I had every episode on video up to Rosebud, then just stopped watching. It was like watching a 40 year old brownlow medalist refusing to hang up the boots.
Yeah I do see what you mean, but you would be heavily in the minority.

I agree that Season 4 was probably the best ever, but I just wouldn't have the collapse quite that quick. We can agree though that it is more than s**t now :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back