Which team is closer to a flag: Richmond or North Melbourne?

Which team is closer to a flag?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know what the best thing about being deployed is telsor?

I get to miss most of the absolute shite you post about North Melbourne.

It almost makes being in a third world country bearable.

Sorry if the truth about your club is so painful.

That said, I've generally enjoyed my time in 3rd world countries...

I meant exactly what I said.

A club calling itself 'North Melbourne' has won 3 flags, the last being in 1996.

That your club sold out so much that it gave up it's name is clearly one of the many 'inconvenient' parts of your club's history that you'd rather forget, but that doesn't make it untrue.

You have got to be kidding...
Don't throw stones when you live in glass houses, or the result will sound a lot like the tin shaking that kept your club alive.

For the last 35 years Richmond has been so intrinsically tied to failure that it is difficult to see that turning around, especially based on the evidence of the last 3 years.

You have got to be kidding...
Don't throw stones when you live in glass houses, or the result will sound a lot like the tin shaking that kept your club alive.

For the last 35 years Richmond has been so intrinsically tied to failure that it is difficult to see that turning around, especially based on the evidence of the last 3 years.

I don't deny we've been through tough times. Unlike North fans who seem to prefer to deny/ignore their history.

So making finals 3 years in a row is 'intrinsically tied to failure'? Wow, imagine being a fan of a club that hasn't even made finals that much.

I suppose if that makes us intrinsically tied to failure, North must be intrinsically tied to being paupers and needing to be propped up to exist.

I don't deny we've been through tough times. Unlike North fans who seem to prefer to deny/ignore their history.

So making finals 3 years in a row is 'intrinsically tied to failure'? Wow, imagine being a fan of a club that hasn't even made finals that much.

I suppose if that makes us intrinsically tied to failure, North must be intrinsically tied to being paupers and needing to be propped up to exist.

How many of those finals have you won?

How many of those finals have you won?

Quite a few actually...You don't win 10 grand finals without having won a lot of finals.

Both our teams won 15 games last year, neither won the Grand Final.

Quite a few actually...You don't win 10 grand finals without having won a lot of finals.

Both our teams won 15 games last year, neither won the Grand Final.

How many finals wins in the 'three consecutive finals appearances' that you continue to mention?

How many finals wins in the 'three consecutive finals appearances' ?

How many finals have you won in your 3 consecutive appearances? Oh, that's right....

The question is what's going to happen NEXT year though. Will the North Melbourne fossils improve as the clubs around them (let alone much as Richmond's far younger list)?

How many finals have you won in your 3 consecutive appearances? Oh, that's right....

The question is what's going to happen NEXT year though. Will the North Melbourne fossils improve as the clubs around them (let alone much as Richmond's far younger list)?

We've won four finals in our two consecutive appearances which is four more than Richmond have won in three years. Included in those three consecutive finals 'efforts' is a loss to a team that finished ninth.

Mentions previous seasons, gets shot down, now wants to talk 2016.

We've won four finals in our two consecutive appearances which is four more than Richmond have won in three years. Included in those three consecutive finals 'efforts' is a loss to a team that finished ninth.

Mentions previous seasons, gets shot down, now wants to talk 2016.

So, you haven't made finals 3 years running...

BTW, if losing 3 times means we'll never win a final, does winning 3 GFs in a row mean Hawthorn will never lose?

So, you haven't made finals 3 years running...

BTW, if losing 3 times means we'll never win a final, does winning 3 GFs in a row mean Hawthorn will never lose?

And you haven't won a final since 2001.

What's the point of mentioning making the finals if you hadn't won one?

I say us because we have Goldstein! He loves rucking against Maric! If these guys played for the opposite side we would struggle to beat them! KPF and inside mid is where we beat them and this wouldn't happen without Goldy spoon feeding us

I say us because we have Goldstein! He loves rucking against Maric! If these guys played for the opposite side we would struggle to beat them! KPF and inside mid is where we beat them and this wouldn't happen without Goldy spoon feeding us
2015:
Jack Riewoldt averaged 2.4 goals and 1 goal assist per game.
Ty Vickery averaged 2.1 goals .6 assists.
Jarred Waite averaged 1.8 goals and .8 assists.
Drew Petrie averaged 1.8 goals and .7 assists.
Ben Brown 1.4 goals and .3 assists.
Ben Griffiths .9 goals and .5 assists.
Total output per game for the 3 Richmond KPFs: 5.4 goals and 2.4 assists.
Total output per game for the 3 North KPFs: 5 goals and 1.8 assists.

Add to this the fact that our three kicked only 1 less goal in the final despite the team having 13 less inside 50s.

Now I know these aren't the only stats by which to measure the effectiveness, of KPFs, and I'm open to arguments that include other things such as tackles or scoring chain involvements, but I doubt it you could mount a strong case that way. There's no question you have us covered in inside mids and ruck, but no way in kpfs.

Last edited:
This is not Norf V Richmond. This is about which team is closer to a flag.

You need to realise your team is composed of over the hill players and a football department who has to bring their own sherrins to training.

Look. We will give you a chop out as long as you are commercially viable, but I will be sending my club a stern email if you lot don't get your financial act together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On top of that, your entire supporter base has voted in the poll...

And you still LOST!

2015:
Jack Riewoldt averaged 2.4 goals and 1 goal assist per game.
Ty Vickery averaged 2.1 goals .6 assists.
Jarred Waite averaged 1.8 goals and .8 assists.
Drew Petrie averaged 1.8 goals and .7 assists.
Ben Brown 1.4 goals and .3 assists.
Ben Griffiths .9 goals and .5 assists.
Total output per game for the 3 Richmond KPFs: 5.4 goals and 2.4 assists.
Total output per game for the 3 North KPFs: 5 goals and 1.8 assists.

Add to this the fact that our three kicked only 1 less goal in the final despite the team having 13 less inside 50s.

Now I know these aren't the only stats by which to measure the effectiveness, of KPFs, and I'm open to arguments that include other things such as tackles or scoring chain involvements, but I doubt it you could mount a strong case that way. There's no question you have us covered in inside mids and ruck, but no way in kpfs.
I wasn't basing it on statistics more on how we match up on each other! It's no secret our 3 tall system has worked well for us offensively and provides a defensive edge as a unit, which for the most part has you turning the footy over a lot against us! I'm no stats guru but I would think there are plenty of recent games that would back that up! I think if you take our stats from the mid part of the year through finals they would tell more of a true tale

This is not Norf V Richmond. This is about which team is closer to a flag.

You need to realise your team is composed of over the hill players and a football department who has to bring their own sherrins to training.

Look. We will give you a chop out as long as you are commercially viable, but I will be sending my club a stern email if you lot don't get your financial act together.

Richmond fans saying we need to realise the issues with our players eh? Glass houses and all that...

Making finals three years in a row? Making finals really shouldn't be a celebratory occasion. It's nearly half the comp. It's like being happy about buying all these kitchen utensils then realising you can't cook.

Richmond fans saying we need to realise the issues with our players eh? Glass houses and all that...
The common consensus is you have far too many players over 30, your youngsters have not lived up to the hype we have had to endure for the last 5 years, and you are just plain good ordinary. I'm sorry if that has emotionally destroyed you.
The thread title asked a question I gave my answer and you went for the low blow! Is this the bay now?
You might want to look at the behavior of your own supporters over the course of the last 10 pages, then get back to me with your woe is me tale.

The common consensus is you have far too many players over 30, your youngsters have not lived up to the hype we have had to endure for the last 5 years, and you are just plain good ordinary. I'm sorry if that has emotionally destroyed you.
You might want to look at the behavior of your own supporters over the course of the last 10 pages, then get back to me with your woe is me tale.

Thats nice dear, don't really get why it upsets you that other people refuse to change their opinions to suit your beliefs

Our youngsters are becoming our reliables now! The fresh batch will make sure we are thereabouts for a while yet, I don't have time to trawl through pages of North v Richmond hoo ha! I get enough of that from my Richmond supporting mates/players. I'll continue to back what I see and take their money and souls

Thats nice dear, don't really get why it upsets you that other people refuse to change their opinions to suit your beliefs
Don't care. You're the one who responded to my post Simbad.

I will have a quiet chuckle when we relocate you to Tasmania ;)

Don't care. You're the one who responded to my post Simbad.

I will have a quiet chuckle when we relocate you to Tasmania ;)

Good luck with that im sure the AFL will listen to your self-indulgent ignorance about something that has nothing to do with you. I'm assuming when you say 'we' you are meaning richmond.

Our youngsters are becoming our reliables now! The fresh batch will make sure we are thereabouts for a while yet, I don't have time to trawl through pages of North v Richmond hoo ha! I get enough of that from my Richmond supporting mates/players. I'll continue to back what I see and take their money and souls
I see. So North youngsters are going to flourish and all become A graders, while the rest of the competition is left behind?

You have some state of the art development facility down there at arden street that no one can compare to...or even find?

This is all I hear from North Melbourne supporters. Their youngens are going to develop at a greater rate than the rest of the world and leave the entire league in their wake.

I don't know whether to laugh or take a s**t.

I see. So North youngsters are going to flourish and all become A graders, while the rest of the competition is left behind?

You have some state of the art development facility down there at arden street that no one can compare to...or even find?

This is all I hear from North Melbourne supporters. Their youngens are going to develop at a greater rate than the rest of the world and leave the entire league in their wake.

I don't know whether to laugh or take a s**t.
I didn't say any of that! Cunnington, Atley, Zeibell, McMillan Goldstein Wright and Atley were all duds and couldn't play! Now they are keys and all have performed in finals! Just because we don't have a young guy win a rising star or come in and dominate ala Wines, Bontempelli etc.... Our kids are no good! If people sling bile that continuously gets proven to be false why can't we say I told you so! Our youngsters aren't at the top of the draft as we never bottom out so if anything take more developement so not sure where you are going with that one....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back