Which team outside the 8 make finals 2015?

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's my tentative ladder for 2015 (subject to change lol):

1st - Fremantle
2nd - Sydney
3rd - Port Adelaide
4th - Hawthorn
5th - North Melbourne
6th - Richmond
7th - Gold Coast
8th - Geelong

9th - Essendon
10th - Adelaide
11th - Collingwood
12th - West Coast
13th - GWS
14th - Brisbane Lions
15th - Carlton
16th - Melbourne
17th - St. Kilda
18th - Western Bulldogs

Yay :thumbsu:

Im not saying the Dockers will fall next year but Ross Lyon has set them up for a hard fall the same as with St
Kilda... Geelong, Sydney and Hawthorn have been smarter with the progression of there old to new players. The core of the midfield has to be tured over for a club to stay on top. It is just a matter of identifing when the age vrs experience reaches a tipping point. It will happen but when?

Fourteenth is the spot where the greatest number of non-finalists have made the finals the next year - about 50% since the introduction of the top eight. GC broke a sequence this year, but without the injury to Ablett you're hard pressed to bet against them having made the eight...

Next year it's the Doggies...

One of the top 4 this year will drop put of the 8 completely next year. All have a significant number of their best players past 30.

North to fall out too.

Port into top 4.

Final spots in 8 will be fought out by the same clubs as this season.

1-Sydney(they will find new talents with the addition of heeney)
2-Port(young list will continue to grow
3-Hawthorn(I expect them to drop soon but not next year)
4-Adelaide(good under 25 talent)
5-North(I can't see them dropping out with their list)
6-Richmond(who knows what they will deliver next year)
7-Essendon(another club hard to read I camt see them dropping out)
8-West Coast(with a good trade period they could move into the top 4/6)

The rest is in no particular order I expect it it be close

Wooden spoon Melbourne

1st - Sydney (-)
2nd - Port Adelaide (+3)
3rd - Fremantle (+1)
4th - Hawthorn (-2)
5th - Geelong (-2)
6th - Richmond (+2)
7th - Gold Coast (+5)
8th - Adelaide (+2)

9th - North Melbourne (-3)
10th - Essendon (-3)
11th - Western Bulldogs (+3)
12th - West Coast (-3)
13th - Collingwood (-2)
14th - GWS (+2)
15th - Brisbane Lions (-)
16th - Carlton (-3)
17th - Melbourne (-)
18th - St. Kilda (-)

IN: Gold Coast, Adelaide
OUT: North Melbourne, Essendon

Collingwood was in the Top 4 until everyone on our team got injured, and people think we're no chance to improve next year?

If we can get some fitness staff who know what they're doing, and maybe stop having players go down with ACLs and broken ankles, we might actually be able to field a side, and win some games. Jack Frost was our only player to play all 22 games this season, and he only had 2 games under his belt going into Rd 1.

Making the finals isn't really something that comes with difficulty for Collingwood - In our 117 seasons, we've made the finals 79 times, including the previous 8 in a row before this season. Of those 79 seasons, we've played in the Grand Final in 41 of them.

You can say what you want about our success rate when we're there, but again, making finals/Grand Finals isn't something we struggle with - If we're not in the finals next year, I'll be surprised, and somebody will get fired - You can guarantee it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im not saying the Dockers will fall next year but Ross Lyon has set them up for a hard fall the same as with St
Kilda... Geelong, Sydney and Hawthorn have been smarter with the progression of there old to new players. The core of the midfield has to be tured over for a club to stay on top. It is just a matter of identifing when the age vrs experience reaches a tipping point. It will happen but when?
Fremantle's best mid is 22.

1st - Sydney (-)
2nd - Port Adelaide (+3)
3rd - Fremantle (+1)
4th - Hawthorn (-2)
5th - Geelong (-2)
6th - Richmond (+2)
7th - Gold Coast (+5)
8th - Adelaide (+2)

9th - North Melbourne (-3)
10th - Essendon (-3)
11th - Western Bulldogs (+3)
12th - West Coast (-3)
13th - Collingwood (-2)
14th - GWS (+2)
15th - Brisbane Lions (-)
16th - Carlton (-3)
17th - Melbourne (-)
18th - St. Kilda (-)

IN: Gold Coast, Adelaide
OUT: North Melbourne, Essendon

That's a pretty reasonable assessment

1-Sydney(they will find new talents with the addition of heeney)
2-Port(young list will continue to grow
3-Hawthorn(I expect them to drop soon but not next year)
4-Adelaide(good under 25 talent)
5-North(I can't see them dropping out with their list)
6-Richmond(who knows what they will deliver next year)
7-Essendon(another club hard to read I camt see them dropping out)
8-West Coast(with a good trade period they could move into the top 4/6)

The rest is in no particular order I expect it it be close

Wooden spoon Melbourne

So you expect Fremantle and Geelong to drop out of the eight completely?

Brave call. Insane but brave.

1st - Sydney
2nd - Hawthorn
3rd - Port Adelaide
4th - Geelong
5th - Collingwood
6th - Richmond
7th - Gold Coast
8th - Fremantle

9th - Essendon
10th - Adelaide
11th - North Melbourne
12th - West Coast
13th - GWS
14th - Brisbane Lions
15th - Melbourne
16th - Carlton
17th - Western Bulldogs
18th - St. Kilda

Collingwood I think will make it provided they have a bit more luck with injuries and their kids hopefully come on a bit.

Gold Coast with a fit Ablett should go close again you'd think.

Adelaide, if they can find a bit of consistency, could also make a strong push too.

Essendon will likely finish close to last.. so there's one out.
Richmond and North are no guarantees either.

I've got this strange sense of déjà vu... probably due to the fact that we heard predictions like this same time last year, except it didn't pan out that way did it. We're playing finals and your boys are 5 beers deep on mad Monday. :rainbow:

I've got this strange sense of déjà vu... probably due to the fact that we heard predictions like this same time last year, except it didn't pan out that way did it. We're playing finals and your boys are 5 beers deep on mad Monday. :rainbow:
Thing that makes Essendon impossible to predict is ASADA. Until that is resolved 2015 remains an unknown for Essendon (assuming ASADA actually finalise things before that time)

Richmond and Port pushing top 4 at the expense of Freo and The Cats. Injury has killed Collingwood this year they are nowhere near as bad as they've looked.... Collingwood in at the Bombers expense maybe.

Thing that makes Essendon impossible to predict is ASADA. Until that is resolved 2015 remains an unknown for Essendon (assuming ASADA actually finalise things before that time)

So how about avoiding blanket statements when they have NFI what the end result will be? But then of course doing that means no trolling and we can't have that.

So how about avoiding blanket statements when they have NFI what the end result will be? But then of course doing that means no trolling and we can't have that.
Not trolling and I wish the whole affair will complete itself ASAP for Essendon and everyones sake. Just gone on far too long, unfair on your players. Its still a big thing to be resolved and all I meant is it leaves Essendons position very uncertain. I am not trying to predict how results will go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back