Which up & coming Victorian club will be next to win a flag?

Next "young" Vic club to win a flag will be.....?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Voted Essendon when this thread opened and my thoughts haven't changed. They have a really good opportunity to finish top 4 by the end of the season. We have to go back to the late 90's when the last time a team outside the top 4 went on to win the flag.

hank31

Club Legend
Aug 3, 2009
Burne City!
AFL Club
Essendon
Essendon won't win a flag with their current group whilst my anus points to the ground.

There's nothing between North and Richmond and Melbourne still need another year.
OK Nostradamus ill tell Hirdy and Bomber to start rebuilding now then.

You really are one of the most dellusional poster on BF.

Your list is nowhere near Richmonds. No where near the class the Tigs have on all lines.

Your main half decent players are near the end, i think your total overhaul/rebuild might be closer than you anticipate.

Palmer Stoat

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 28, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham
Essendon won't win a flag with their current group whilst my anus points to the ground.

There's nothing between North and Richmond and Melbourne still need another year.

Don't think Essendon are that far off. Reckon they lack a little quality in the midfield, but have the other bases covered.

Finish top four, get a little luck and who knows?

Don't think Essendon are that far off. Reckon they lack a little quality in the midfield, but have the other bases covered.

Finish top four, get a little luck and who knows?
OS finds any excuse not to rate an Essendon player

Aug 16, 2006
My house
AFL Club
Essendon
The only midfield I really worry about creaming us, this year, is Collingwood.
We handled the Eagles & Blues with ease, and I think we'll cope OK with the Crows, too, even though they'll probably get the points over there.
Pies won off the back of midfield - and that was while they were still figuring out their best line-up after Ball went down. They've improved since.

Never had any problem with the Swans, and the Hawks/Cats look a step off it so far.

Old Skool

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
10k Posts North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor
Nov 20, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
OK Nostradamus ill tell Hirdy and Bomber to start rebuilding now then.

You really are one of the most dellusional poster on BF.

Your list is nowhere near Richmonds. No where near the class the Tigs have on all lines.

Your main half decent players are near the end, i think your total overhaul/rebuild might be closer than you anticipate.

I would rate your opinion because?

Old Skool

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Nov 20, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Don't think Essendon are that far off.

Yeah, they are.

The only reason we are even talking about them is because the 2012 competition is in such a lull.

You don't go from the weakest finalist in AFL history to a genuine top side in 20 months.

Collingwood are the greatest $5 premiership bet of all time against the current batch of contenders.

Richmond have a great midfield and good forward mix, but are still very skinny for depth. North are still way too inexperienced in the midfield and Melbourne are way too inexperienced everywhere.

Aug 16, 2006
My house
AFL Club
Essendon
You don't go from the weakest finalist in AFL history to a genuine top side in 12 months.
2009 to 2012 = 12 months?
Nice maths.
We all know sides never ever improve, and everything always stays the same. Cats will play off in the grand final, WCE will play off for the spoon, Adelaide are rubbish and Melbourne are on the improve.

Collingwood are the greatest $5 premiership bet of all time against the current batch of contenders.
TBH I agree.

Yeah, they are.

The only reason we are even talking about them is because the 2012 competition is in such a lull.

You don't go from the weakest finalist in AFL history to a genuine top side in 20 months.

Richmond have a great midfield and good forward mix, but are still very skinny for depth. North are still way too inexperienced in the midfield and Melbourne are way too inexperienced everywhere.
How about going from 10th in 2006 to arguably the greatest sides in history a year later?

Old Skool

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Nov 20, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How about going from 10th in 2006 to arguably the greatest sides in history a year later?

Small difference.

Geelong missed a grand final in 2004 because of bad kicking and were beaten by the eventual premiers with a last minute kick in the 2005 finals.

Comparing Essendon 2010-2012 with Geelong 2004-2007 is beyond absurd.

Small difference.

Geelong missed a grand final in 2004 because of bad kicking and were beaten by the eventual premiers with a last minute kick in the 2005 finals.

Comparing Essendon 2010-2012 with Geelong 2004-2007 is beyond absurd.
Because it doesn't suit your argument? The fact is teams do have meteoric rises in a couple of years. In 2004 West Coast were knocked out in the first round of finals- one year later they miss out on winning a Grand Final by a kick. In 2006 Hawthorn were 4 games out of finals, and only finishing 2 points from last the season before, 2 years later they're the premiers! You just don't want Essendon to have that meteoric rise because your hatred for them is beyond insanity

Old Skool

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Nov 20, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Because it doesn't suit your argument?

No.

Because it's a fact champ.

You can't be serious in comparing Geelong 2004 - 2007 with Essendon 2010 - 2012.

Surely?

You just don't want Essendon to have that meteoric rise because your hatred for them is beyond insanity

Whatever makes you sleep better, go for it.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No.

Because it's a fact champ.

You can't be serious in comparing Geelong 2004 - 2007 with Essendon 2010 - - 2012.

Surely?

Whatever makes you sleep better, go for it.:thumbsu:
Okay, that was a bad example. But the other 2? Hawthorn going from 2 points off the wooden spoon in 05 and then premiers in 08? Is that incomparable? How about West Coast getting significantly beaten in 2004 Elim Final to being runners-up a year later? Why is it impossible for the current Essendon group to do that?

Old Skool

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Nov 20, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Okay, that was a bad example. But the other 2? Hawthorn going from 2 points off the wooden spoon in 05 and then premiers in 08? Is that incomparable?

If you want to use the Hawthorn example then I will concede that any side making the 2012 finals can win the premiership.

How about West Coast getting significantly beaten in 2004 Elim Final to being runners-up a year later?

1) This was a weak year.

2) Cox, Judd, Cousins, Kerr. Essendon don't have one midfielder of that quality, much less four.

Aug 16, 2006
My house
AFL Club
Essendon
Okay, that was a bad example. But the other 2? Hawthorn going from 2 points off the wooden spoon in 05 and then premiers in 08? Is that incomparable? How about West Coast getting significantly beaten in 2004 Elim Final to being runners-up a year later? Why is it impossible for the current Essendon group to do that?
Relax eth.
Football standings do change, sides do improve & decline every year.
Essendon looks like being one of those sides on the up, as do Adelaide & WCE.

If you pay much attention to Mario's posts, he actually thinks North are still right up there, but the coach is just a bit of a hipster who's too cool to try and win.
When they're being flogged off the park, they're letting the other side flog them as a lesson to their kids.
When they win a quarter or two, it's concrete proof of utter superiority.
Deadset.

He's stirring, he's looking for your reaction, and he's getting it.
This is called trolling and it is, theoretically at least, against the rules on this board.

Relax eth.
Football standings do change, sides do improve & decline every year.
Essendon looks like being one of those sides on the up, as do Adelaide & WCE.

If you pay much attention to Mario's posts, he actually thinks North are still right up there, but the coach is just a bit of a hipster who's too cool to try and win.
When they're being flogged off the park, they're letting the other side flog them as a lesson to their kids.
When they win a quarter or two, it's concrete proof of utter superiority.
Deadset.

He's stirring, he's looking for your reaction, and he's getting it.
This is called trolling and it is, theoretically at least, against the rules on this board.
I'm in the mood for a good argument, normally I would ignore him, but I just feel like arguing with someone

Aug 16, 2006
My house
AFL Club
Essendon
I'm in the mood for a good argument, normally I would ignore him, but I just feel like arguing with someone
You won't get a good argument, though.
You'll get some laughable stuff ("you're not good, everyone else is just crap"), a few hype words, nothing that can be objectively shown one way or the other, and if anything gets challenged then it disappears.

KillaKanga

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2011
If I'm online I'm at work!
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston CelticsRedSoxBruins

The rest of what you say is correct but to say we are being flogged off the park I disagree. We are 3-5 with a % of 112.7 (Yes I know we've played GC & GWS but so have several others)

We have the lowest Average Losing margin in the league: 16.6 (Essendon have lost 1 game by 1 point but is a statistical outlier)

We've lost 2 games by 2 points each, and our heaviest defeat was by 35 at the SCG.

As for the OP

Essendon are clearly the best out of the lot ATM (Guessing which one will win a premiership is what it is, a guess) then Richmond closing in. North have stagnated and Melbourne appears to have gone backwards.

hank31

Club Legend
Aug 3, 2009
Burne City!
AFL Club
Essendon
You won't get a good argument, though.
You'll get some laughable stuff ("you're not good, everyone else is just crap"), a few hype words, nothing that can be objectively shown one way or the other, and if anything gets challenged then it disappears.

Bolded part is what annoys me about the COWARD that is old skool.

Comes in ranting and raving, then is NEVER accountable for anything he says.

He is a cowardly poster. Probably a cowardly person too going by the number of aliases he needs to get by on big footy.

TigerTime88

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 8, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
The fact Melbourne were ok and have now had one mroe year where they will get:

Top 3 pick
Jack Viney
Top 12 pick

Might mean they end up the most likely to win a flag.

Old Skool

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Nov 20, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The fact Melbourne were ok and have now had one mroe year where they will get:

Top 3 pick
Jack Viney
Top 12 pick

Might mean they end up the most likely to win a flag.

Good post.

It's still far too early to call with the exception of Essendon. They undoubtably have the least amount of improvement left.

Vickery or Griffiths arrive big time and another defender shows up to support Rance then Richmond will be catapulted to the head of the cue.

Likewise, if North can snag a good mature midfielder at the end of the year, Hansen finally clicks and Luke McDonald turns out to be a Joel Sellwood, then they would go to the front.

It's too hard to call right now.

Good post.

It's still far too early to call with the exception of Essendon. They undoubtably have the least amount of improvement left.

Vickery or Griffiths arrive big time and another defender shows up to support Rance then Richmond will be catapulted to the head of the cue.

Likewise, if North can snag a good mature midfielder at the end of the year, Hansen finally clicks and Luke McDonald turns out to be a Joel Sellwood, then they would go to the front.

So the only team from this group which is actually delivering results is the only one you can write off?

Okay mete.

I don't even know why you bother posting outside the North board.

Can you still only fit four Essendon players in to North's best 22?

cash

Club Legend
Jul 2, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Good post.

lol. Hansen coming good.

Back