Roast Which was worse? 13 or 14 EF?

Which one was worse?

• 2013-Carlton

Votes: 50 75.8%
  • 2014-Port

Votes: 16 24.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Does everyone think that we would of beaten Essendon in 13?

We would have played Port - in Melbourne - they hadn't beaten us for 2 years (and their last win against us was the Darwin disaster). We thumped them in Adelaide earlier that year by 40 points. Port had lost 3 of their last 4 going into the finals.(only beating GC).

Carlton had beaten Port by one point in the last round to sneak into 9th.

The more you look at it - the worse it gets.......

2013 hurt more but losing that game got us the favourable fixture in 2014 to turn things around, win that final and we might have got geelong and hawthorn twice instead of st Kilda and gws, as for carlton they have turned to s**t since that game.

We would have played Port - in Melbourne - they hadn't beaten us for 2 years (and their last win against us was the Darwin disaster). We thumped them in Adelaide earlier that year by 40 points. Port had lost 3 of their last 4 going into the finals.(only beating GC).

And if we didn't lose to carlton in round 20 of 2013 we finish 4th and play our bunnies until that point in hawthorn.

:eek::(:mad::cry::drunk:

2013 is our worst non-GF loss in our history. Worse than any thrashing we suffered in our down times.

The build-up (our first finals for 12 years).
The fact that we hadn't finished 9th (for once), but the team that DID finish 9th got into the finals because of Essendon blah blah, the fact that it was our hated rival who benefited.
The fact that we lost ONE game for the year where the opposition had fewer or the same number of scoring shots, but kicked straighter (if we had won, we would have finished 4th and got the double chance etc) - and that was against Carlton in Rd 21.
The fact that the game was played 3 weeks after the devastating Rd 21 loss and followed THE EXACT SAME PATTERN- We lead by 5 goals, they run over us.
The fact that we led by nearly goals in the 2nd quarter - and lost.
The fact that Carlton wound up having the same number of scoring shots as us - but kicked straighter. Again.

That's as bad as it gets. Fortunately, we can all look back on it and have a laugh, eh?:p:p:):confused::mad::(:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
Gross overreaction , nowhere near our worst loss, wouldn't even make the short list

and the port loss was yes you guessed it carltons fault yet again if the useless bunt's had just forced a point in rd 23 we would have played the bummers

and the port loss was yes you guessed it carltons fault yet again if the useless bunt's had just forced a point in rd 23 we would have played the bummers
No we wouldn't off, we would of finished 8th and played Port because of percentage and if we had off beat Sydney by 3 goals we would've played Norf.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

13 v Carlton. It is more painful to lose a close game after having a 5 goal lead earlier in the game. It's Essendon's fault.

Playing at the Adelaide Oval against an inform Port was always going to be tough.

We were favorites (5th Vs 9th) and were winning handily only to have our hopes come crashing down.

In 2014 it was a miracle we made it at all, and playing away we were always up against it. Sure, the woeful start hurt, but we could still look back on how we made it from 3-10.

Worse, or more painful??

2014 clearly worse but hardly surprising. We were an average side all year coming off a miracle run and ran into a rampant Port, who went on to frank their own form through finals. I was over it pretty quick.

2013 is as painful as losses get.

I felt physically sick after that ******* nine goal turnaround against the Blues. Worst loss I've experienced.

This.

2013 easily worst for me (possibly because I was at the game and only watched it on TV against Port). Most heartbreaking experience I've had at the footy. Was absolutely shattered. Was bitter and raw for a good week after the game.

The 2013 game was the first that I've cried before and after a game haha.
The roar of the crowd honestly brought a tear to my eye.
Then the final score brought another tear..... :cry:

Back