White elephants

Remove this Banner Ad

And the reason they got threatened with death was because the people they oppressed for so long finally rose up. They ruined South Africa and fled through boiled up, pent-up hatred they'd brewed themselves. Not much time for those pricks in all honesty.

"Negroes,
Sweet and docile,
Meek, humble, and kind:
Beware the day
They change their mind.”
What's happening in Southern Africa is a lot more complex than just black and white. In South Africa today whites are four times more likely to be murdered than blacks. A lot of whites there are racists, but a lot are good, decent people who are being racially vilified and being stripped of practically all they own just because of the colour of their skin.

It may amuse you to know I have kin who've been driven off farms by so called war veterans. I'm confident you don't have a clue what you're on about.
Yes I have read you posting that in previous threads which is why it amused me. And yes I have several friends who are either from Zimbabwe or SA or their families are from there so I think I do have some idea. But I mean it's whites, so who cares. Two wrongs make a right I guess.

Apartheid laid waste to South Africa and it's people in the same way Mugabe has to Zim, and it's only been twenty years since democracy, these things take time. There's going to be some speed humps along the way in trying to put right a country as damaged as South Africa is, and some people are going to be wronged, but to play the poor old white man card is a bit much.

Apartheid laid waste to South Africa and it's people in the same way Mugabe has to Zim, and it's only been twenty years since democracy, these things take time. There's going to be some speed humps along the way in trying to put right a country as damaged as South Africa is, and some people are going to be wronged, but to play the poor old white man card is a bit much.

I'm not playing the poor white man card, but you have to admit that it wouldnt be too pleasant being a white there at the moment.

I'm not playing the poor white man card, but you have to admit that it wouldnt be too pleasant being a white there at the moment.

Probably easier than being a poor black man for the preceding 50 years.

Homestead Baseball Stadium
- Built in Florida in 1992 with 6,500 seats, massive car park and a 200 room dorm on the site.
- Cost $22m and was to be used by the Cleveland Indians as a Spring Training venue.
- Then Hurricane Andrew decimates the stadium and the Indians leave.
- Council immediately rebuilds it, but Indians (and other teams) don't want to use it. Other stadiums are build in the area.
- US Soccer Federation offered the venue, but declined.
- Used for filming of Any Given Sunday.
- In 2004 it was used by the Florida Thunder - a cricket team.
- But mostly just sits empty.

Homestead_-_Exterior_Close_640T.jpg
Homestead_-_Grandstand_From_3rd_640T.jpg
Homestead_-_RF_640T.jpg

Beautiful old facade that stadium in Florida above. There were some murmurs about their new MLS side, bankrolled by David Beckham, playing out of there. I don't think it was ever in planning but it would have been a beaut of an arena.

DardySingh360 I totally disagree and think the gall of white people to feel victimised is totally bizarre, but I cannae argue with an avatar like that. What a show, criminally underrated, genuinely in the top few comedy material ever made.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6500 seats seems rather ambitious for a practice facility.

Actually it would be the 3rd smallest park. Most MLB spring training facilities have a main ballpark for spring training exhibition games with capacities over 7,000, with a few of them holding over 10K. There are many "snowbirds" who escape the end of winter up north by heading south to Florida or west to Arizona for baseball's spring training.

Actually it would be the 3rd smallest park. Most MLB spring training facilities have a main ballpark for spring training exhibition games with capacities over 7,000, with a few of them holding over 10K. There are many "snowbirds" who escape the end of winter up north by heading south to Florida or west to Arizona for baseball's spring training.

Still seems bizarre for something that only get utilised for a short period of the year. Then again, maybe I'm underestimating how many spring exhibition games they play.

It also strikes me as odd that people travel for these games, aside from a couple of teams, regular season MLB matches would be pretty accessible for fans due to the sheer volume of matches played.

Haha, no joke, earlier this year I opened my blinds one Saturday morning and that thing was staring straight into my window, only about 20m away. I nearly died of fright!!!

I mean, around that time of year you expect the early morning balloons, but I'd never seen one with a face before, nor getting that close to residential buildings. I thought it was just some random balloon, didn't know it was a centenary event thingy.

Haha, no joke, earlier this year I opened my blinds one Saturday morning and that thing was staring straight into my window, only about 20m away. I nearly died of fright!!!

I mean, around that time of year you expect the early morning balloons, but I'd never seen one with a face before, nor getting that close to residential buildings. I thought it was just some random balloon, didn't know it was a centenary event thingy.
If that happened to me, I'd assume it was an acid flashback. That sky whale ended up costing around $300k, hardly a lot of dosh and at times public money should be spent on things that are fun. We've probably paid that much for Joe Hockey to sleep in a house that he owns anyway.

QE2 Stadium is Brisbane is a shocker. The building under the main grandstand hosts the QAS and Queensland soccer offices, but the stadium itself is the most dilapidated, horrific thing you've ever seen. It gets used about once ever five years for a concert. The complex's only decent use is free parking for uni students and city commuters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back