White Hunter Black Heart - killing Cecil the Lion

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty sad state of affairs really.
I spent a large part of my life shooting, and killing, animals.
Mostly ferals though. Rabbits, pigs, foxes and the like. Shot plenty of roos too, when they were in plague numbers. Never had any interest in shooting a duck.
Apart from the foxes, all the meat was consumed, by human or dog, and with the foxes and rabbits the skins were sold.
So I'm not feigning some greeny outrage.
I cannot for the life of my fathom the enjoyment in killing a lion, or any other game animal for nothing more than the sake of killing it.
I would literally be ashamed to tell anyone.

FYI, using a rifle accurately isn't that easy, try it sometime. In legal trophy hunts, they utilise as much of the animal as possible, poachers couldn't give a s**t. FWIW, I do hunting, but going to Africa to do it doesn't interest me - couldn't afford it anyway.

FYI, using a rifle accurately isn't that easy, try it sometime. In legal trophy hunts, they utilise as much of the animal as possible, poachers couldn't give a s**t. FWIW, I do hunting, but going to Africa to do it doesn't interest me - couldn't afford it anyway.

That does seem to much of the attention. The kill shot.

With big animals like elephants or giraffes, there's a very particular place you need to hit it if you want to put it down with one shot. I guess that's the attraction.

Apparently the American dentist who shot the Lion may be facing charges in Zimbabwe. So he could be facing jail time, where ironically, some big black guy will be telling him to open wide.

hue and cry.

go after pigeon mcgrath for pig shooting
Pigs are feral, but I get what you're saying.
McGrath has shot African game animals, an elephant too I believe?
Not my cup of tea.
Beating one to death with a herring would be a feat though.
Guns are very easy to kill with no matter how hard the shooter wants to make it sound.

What vast difference?

Fox hunting for example. Vermin that kill livestock.

As for ethical vs unethical, fox hunting results in almost instant death. Poisoning is a horrible way to kill pests, a slow and painful death that also kills other animals (such as birds of prey)

the stats on those vets are correct, but those vets are not the vets that have seen combat.

i remember hearing or reading about the vets who have seen combat and their issues, and compared the US defense forces to the IDF and Israeli vets. The Israeli vets have a much greater success in integrating with society, even if you read about ex-IDF getting on the Goa train and doing alot of drugs on their completion of service. Think the piece I came across was basically an indictment on the American society. not my pov, just translating what i heard/read

the stats on those vets are correct, but those vets are not the vets that have seen combat.

i remember hearing or reading about the vets who have seen combat and their issues, and compared the US defense forces to the IDF and Israeli vets. The Israeli vets have a much greater success in integrating with society, even if you read about ex-IDF getting on the Goa train and doing alot of drugs on their completion of service. Think the piece I came across was basically an indictment on the American society. not my pov, just translating what i heard/read

I'm going to leave this one alone ....

I have my theories as to why the idf lads settle In better but I am unsure how pc they are
its cos they are appreciated by their society. i remember reading bus drivers were the most esteemed profession, and this was before any intifada suicide bombings. prolly to do with transport infrastructure in the 60s and 70s and building a modern state

(Log in to remove this ad.)

its cos they are appreciated by their society. i remember reading bus drivers were the most esteemed profession, and this was before any intifada suicide bombings. prolly to do with transport infrastructure in the 60s and 70s and building a modern state

Being a chosen person in the eyes of god, and going around shooting non chosen folk, may play a part too ?

i won't the biggest issue with the yanks is they routinely * over there veterans.
for example, they did a study into suicide among veterans good start right?
yeah umm, 2000 of those invovled in the study said they had suicidal thoughts. and they just said thanks for the info bye.
then when in the info was leaked instead of looking to address things and start making positive moves going forward, they covered it up and went after the whistle blower. http://www.veteranstoday.com/2014/02/20/va-concedes-whistle-blowers-allegations-were-true/

Relevance?

Don't worry I read the rest of the sign.
Fact is hijacking the issue does nothing for his issue either.
Both are valid and the hijacking only marginalizes the other.
Really he should be attacking the government...

Last edited:
I've not been following the Ross Lyon story cause I'm assuming it boring as bat s**t involving a flog american who reckons he's a hero for shooting an animal in a box

But I'm assuming that guys sign, is relevant to the bigger picture?

i won't the biggest issue with the yanks is they routinely **** over there veterans.
for example, they did a study into suicide among veterans good start right?
yeah umm, 2000 of those invovled in the study said they had suicidal thoughts. and they just said thanks for the info bye.
then when in the info was leaked instead of looking to address things and start making positive moves going forward, they covered it up and went after the whistle blower. http://www.veteranstoday.com/2014/02/20/va-concedes-whistle-blowers-allegations-were-true/

Flodder

Remove this Banner Ad

Back