Whitten Oval has a Cafe

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure what you're getting at LT.

It doesn't matter as much for your wants as it does for the coaches to build a cohesive team.
I just think......I may be wrong, but I think.....it would be better served for development for all players to be playing together and even at the same ground they train at and call home.

There are people that enjoy watching the guys coming up through the ranks and the more interest in all things "your club" the better off for all concerned.

I think he means that the VFL tends to be more popular when the AFL team isn't going too well.

There are pros and cons to having your own team, it would be good to have our own side and play at Arden Street but we are probably going to be heavy in the KPP prospects for a while given our established ones are ageing so I am not sure how many you can effectively develop at the same time with one team. I think having two teams has allowed us to provide good opportunity to our ruckmen and our KPP.

Get Archer's Van, make a cafe out of it, get your self a few $8 plastic chairs from Bunnings or Masters and some Foldable $15 outdoor tables and off ya go, we have a Cafe!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get Archer's Van, make a cafe out of it, get your self a few $8 plastic chairs from Bunnings or Masters and some Foldable $15 outdoor tables and off ya go, we have a Cafe!
What about toilet facilities? Not sure I'd feel comfortable with Arch supplying those due a previous incident.

What about toilet facilities? Not sure I'd feel comfortable with Arch supplying those due a previous incident.

Funny gag aside, you have probably hit upon the number one reason why Arden St can't be used to host VFL games. In order to secure council funding for the development, there were strict controls on the amount of square meterage that had to remain available as public parkland. Under those guidelines, we cannot erect any new dunny blocks.

Funny gag aside, you have probably hit upon the number one reason why Arden St can't be used to host VFL games. In order to secure council funding for the development, there were strict controls on the amount of square meterage that had to remain available as public parkland. Under those guidelines, we cannot erect any new dunny blocks.

I don't understand councils. They seem to be so obstructive for the sake of it. I live in Canberra so I can't relate (state gov/ local gov hybrid).

Last edited:
I don't understand councils. They seem to be so obstructive for the sake of it. I live in Canberra so I can't relate.
Bring back the NCDC!

As to yr qn, a morass of regulations to be followed, inherent conservatism and, generally, the quality of staff and reps (pay peanuts..). But yes, petty dictators at staff level. Apologies to anyone who works in LG.

Do what they do where I am ATM in Italy....build them, have an attendant, charge 50 cents per visit and watch the cash roll in........

Not sure of all the rule and regulations involved, but for the VFL final at Whitten Oval numerous Portaloos were bought in for the day.

Not sure of all the rule and regulations involved, but for the VFL final at Whitten Oval numerous Portaloos were bought in for the day.

We're not talking about a final, this would be every second week throughout the season. With set up time and removal, it amounts to a lot of time that public space intended for parkland is actually being taken away from the local community.

Do what they do where I am ATM in Italy....build them, have an attendant, charge 50 cents per visit and watch the cash roll in........

Yep paying for using the dunny in Italy was very annoying especially if you had a turtle-head poking out and no loose change. But it's not the only thing annoying about the Italians. I recall an appalling diving incident in the World Cup 2006.....and I don't even like soccer.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back