Who are our most important 5 players?

Remove this Banner Ad

ghost

Debutant
Oct 23, 2000
The most important 5 players at our club are as follows as far as I am concerned:

1 - M Voss
2 - J Leppitch
3 - D White
4 - N Lappin
5 - C Scott

What do you think? Do you agree with ghost or has ghost got it all wrong? Have your say. Tell ghost who you think are our most valuable players. Has ghost got the order right, or is Lappin more important than White to our team?

ghost, I think you have it all pretty right!!!!! My list is:

* Michael Voss
* Chris Scott
* Beau McDonald (still young but shows so much talent already)
* Darryl White
* Simon Black

Just my thoughts.
smile.gif
Jacs

Voss- cause he's a god
Leppitsch- holds the backline together
Black- wins the ball out of the centre probably even better than Voss
Power- worth about three goals a game
Lappin- best ball carrier

Apologies to Chris Scott and Clark Keating

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, i agree with most of those too ... M.Voss is definetely our number 1, he is amazing, and we're very lucky to have him ... then the rest kinda are the same, all replaceable as such .... thats may sound harsh, but basically everyone is replaceable really .......I think that Black is really important too and so is Leppa. Its unfortuante though that we've lost Steve Lawrence and Jarrod Molloy ... get ready for me to bitch about that later, i'm soo mad that we lost those too, its going to be so awful seeing them in their different jumpers

I noticed a lot of you where saying Daryl White was in your top 5.

I haven't seen a lot of Brisbane in 2000, but whenever i saw them, Daryl White never seemed to make much of an impact.

Can someone just tell me if he was really playing that well in 2000. I've always considered him quite a good footballer, but now he seems to be getting on.

------------------
Good luck at the Athens Olympics Mags, go for gold in Taekwondo.

For all your footballing needs be sure to visit my AFL web-site at http://www.geocities.com/eastsydney5/index.html

Darryl White was very close to our most consistent player in 2000.

He didn't get fantastic statistics, but he rarely got beaten at full-back (just against Lloyd, who kicked five on him), and his best skill this year was spoiling forwards; he was able to use his ruck skills to knock it to our small defenders, particularly Johnson and Akermanis. Nobody would really notice it by watching one or two games, but anyone who saw him all through the year would see it.

1. p hanley
2. d beams
3. s martin
4. t rockliff
5. d merrett

15 years on:) these are the players i would least like to see injured in 2016. lets hope the next 3 years are half as good as the 3 after this original thread.

1. p hanley
2. d beams
3. s martin
4. t rockliff
5. d merrett

15 years on:) these are the players i would least like to see injured in 2016. lets hope the next 3 years are half as good as the 3 after this original thread.

Again, not about the best players, just the ones I want to see a full season from.

1. S Martin (Coz without him we're in a world of hurt, no disrespect to West)
2. D Beams
3. P Hanley
4. T Rockliff
5. D Rich, C Beams & J McGrath (cheating a little but i'll call that a three way tie).

Darryl White was very close to our most consistent player in 2000.

He didn't get fantastic statistics, but he rarely got beaten at full-back (just against Lloyd, who kicked five on him), and his best skill this year was spoiling forwards; he was able to use his ruck skills to knock it to our small defenders, particularly Johnson and Akermanis. Nobody would really notice it by watching one or two games, but anyone who saw him all through the year would see it.

Geez, get a load of this clown. 'Nobody would really notice it by watching one or two games'. Patronising BS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back