Who are the best 4 teams this season?

Remove this Banner Ad

Chelsea, City and two of Liverpool/United/Arsenal/Southampton

EDIT: Probably throw Everton in there too

We're horrible but we're better than everyone except City and Chelsea lol

We're horrible but we're better than everyone except City and Chelsea lol

You have two wins, pretty hard to say you're better than sides like Southampton, West Ham, or even Liverpool as it stands.

You have two wins, pretty hard to say you're better than sides like Southampton, West Ham, or even Liverpool as it stands.

But still only 1 loss ;)

That's the difference to me though, is that the likes of Liverpool and Arsenal (even Spurs) all have the ability to play football that the "rest of the pack" wont be able to compete with. Southampton and West Ham would be playing their best football right now.

The biggest question is can Arsenal,Liverpool and Spurs find that ability before Christmas?

Southampton look absolutely terrific at the moment. Have they played any of the so called 'big teams'?

What prompted me to make this was the 'Will Chelsea be undefeated' thread and thinking who the main teams are who could beat them and I put Soton in that bracket. I'm actually more worried about them in two weeks than Liverpool next week.
They've lost to us and Liverpool. Did look good away at Liverpool but felt we dealt with them pretty comfortably, wouldn't surprise me if they finish ahead of one of us, Liverpool or Everton.

For mine it is Chelsea, City then daylight to Arsenal, bit of gap to United and Spurs, just ahead of Liverpool, Saints & Everton

Top 2 this year, Chelsea and City.

United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs and eventually Everton in the mix for 3 & 4. Would not be surprised to see 10-15 or more points between 2nd and 3rd.

Would love to see Southampton make it, but I reckon they'll finish 6th-10th.

United, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs and Everton (probably the 3-7 teams squad wise) all have such glaring problems this season and/or are so terribly out of form. Even so, a team like Southampton would have to have a perfect run of luck in regards to umpiring, injuries, fixture (versing teams at the right time) etc to be still fighting for top four come end of season. Reckon it will be united 3 arsenal 4 though. Especially if united can get a couple of decent defensive reinforcements in Jan.

Right now the best four team are Chelsea, City, Southampton and well, nobody really.

I guess West Ham considering they are in 4th so they would be loving that start.

I think as the season drags on both WHU and Southampton will drop away.

Then it gets interesting. The usual suspects in Arsenal, Liverpool, United, Spurs and Everton have all been absolutely woeful. Im gonna guess the first two of the five to right there respective ships, sails through to the top 4. Im hoping it's us if Sturridge ever gets fit and we can learn how to defend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They've lost to us and Liverpool. Did look good away at Liverpool but felt we dealt with them pretty comfortably, wouldn't surprise me if they finish ahead of one of us, Liverpool or Everton.

For mine it is Chelsea, City then daylight to Arsenal, bit of gap to United and Spurs, just ahead of Liverpool, Saints & Everton
Why are we ahead of anyone, we've been pretty crap.

It happens every season there is a bolter out of the blocks of the smaller teams. I remember until Christmas a couple of season ago, West Brom were around the top 4 then dropped away. Southampton and West Ham will begin to drop off soon enough. We will eventually figure it out, as will Liverpool, Spurs and United and they will push back up the table.

It happens every season there is a bolter out of the blocks of the smaller teams. I remember until Christmas a couple of season ago, West Brom were around the top 4 then dropped away. Southampton and West Ham will begin to drop off soon enough. We will eventually figure it out, as will Liverpool, Spurs and United and they will push back up the table.

Fairly sure West Brom finished 7th or 8th that season, which I wouldn't really consider that sharp a drop off.

Compare it to the season before that where Newcastle came out of the blocks and ended up 5th.

Sometimes the clubs do hang around up top.

Chelsea and City are clearly the best 2 in the comp 3rd and 4th up for grabs, hopefully Arsenal manage to get their s**t together and take maybe 3rd. Man Utd still have too many issues imo and will struggle to get 4th, Liverpool look absolutely shithouse atm so don't think they will get it either. It's out of Everton/Spurs for 4th imo.

Chelsea and City are clearly the best 2 in the comp 3rd and 4th up for grabs, hopefully Arsenal manage to get their s**t together and take maybe 3rd. Man Utd still have too many issues imo and will struggle to get 4th, Liverpool look absolutely shithouse atm so don't think they will get it either. It's out of Everton/Spurs for 4th imo.

In what way does Arsenal look better than Liverpool?

We are pretty bad atm but I watched that QPR game and we aren't Liverpool bad.

Haha so you're going to take our worst performance in 2-3 years and extrapolate that out as the norm for the rest of the season? And I'm not sure how many times it needs to be pointed out to you, but despite missing our best player and not being anywhere near our best for much of this season we're still ahead of Arsenal (who have won just 2 of their 1st 8 games) on the table at present, so I wouldn't be so quick to pass judgement!

Of the teams that I would expect to be around the mark come the end of the season, Chelsea and City are the only 2 sides showing any sort of consistency at the moment. Southampton are playing well and will linger around the top 4 until any of Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham, United or Everton can get their acts together. Fact is the Saints are flying yet they are only 3-5 points ahead of that group, and you'd think that none of those teams could play any worse, so I wouldn't expect them to hold that position for very long.

Liverpool showed what they're capable of when they utterly dismantled Spurs at WHL the other week, I expect them to reach that level again before long so they're still my tip for 3rd with Arsenal, Spurs, United very close behind.

Everton have had a relatively tough start, but next league games are Burnley, Swansea, Sunderland & Wet Spam. Plenty of opportunity to right the ship & get crackin

Why are we ahead of anyone, we've been pretty crap.
I'd only say we were crap in 2 games this season. West Brom and Liverpool. City we troubled in the first half and copped 3 penalties and missed one of own to make it 2-2. We were much better than the in form Southampton when we played them, we showed a lot more steel than we've had in the last 18 months away to Arsenal.

I don't rate Everton's defence at all Distin and Jagielka are on the decline, Southampton I'm judging off what they showed against us and feel like they'll eventually drop off to be about 7th or 8th, Liverpool have had their problems that everyone knows about but once Sturridge is back I can see them being up there in that 4th race with us and United.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back