List Mgmt. Who are we carrying and why are we carrying them?

Remove this Banner Ad

A bloke who I think is struggling and has avoided scrutiny is Mullet. Putting up crap numbers apart from couple of goals and his defending has been average.

Sent from my waffle machine using Tapatalk.

Now to name the list cloggers:
Tarrant- Been there 7 years and is still a C grade player.
Jacobs- Enough has been written.
McKenzie- Slow and downhill skier. Non impact player. Trade now while we may get a 3rd round trade pick but doubt any other team would entertain the idea.
Grima- Good servant but another player who it seems has been with us for ever and has stagnated. Would any other team want him? BIG NO so why do we keep him.
McMahon- Was a very good player but the time has come to part ways.
Firrito- Another good servant for 10 years but his time has also come.
Gibson- This one will cause a few to kick up a stink but another downhill skier who although gathers plenty of possessions they are non damaging. Soft as butter. Poor disposal.
Wright- Only asset he has is his versatility so would keep him solely for that reason but not in the best 25 players.
Above players should be moved on/out over next two years if we are serious about finding and building a team that is a serious threat.

Currie to remain solely as a back up ruck man should injuries hit Goldy.

Time for hard nuts like Hine and Garner to get opportunities when fit. Really hope Harper can also get over his injuries and start playing as he is a genuine x factor. Wood needs to be played and Daw is the only Ruck/Forward option that should be developed and played. He will learn much more playing seniors than fluffing around in Werribee for remainder of the year.
Tippet or Delaney to be given chances. They are certainly bigger and stronger than Grima and their disposal couldn't be any worse.

Bon's inflexable coaching.
Unlike your spelling, eh? ;)

To many players are incapable of playing multiple positions.

Look at the hawks they have 18 utilities who can play - back,mid and fwd.
Shouldn't that be incapible?

But seriously, I thought that, on the whole, we are developing a more flexible group, save for the short arses that aren't going to be playing in defence anytime soon.

Unlike your spelling, eh? ;)

Shouldn't that be incapible?

But seriously, I thought that, on the whole, we are developing a more flexible group, save for the short arses that aren't going to be playing in defence anytime soon.

Ok thanks Sir, can i go out and play now.

GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSE

There is no way we have a better midfielder than McKenzie in the VFL.

This is lies.

We have multiple brownlow medallists running around in the twos. Its clearly Brad Scott's stubborness preventing them from flourishing.

Now to name the list cloggers:
Tarrant- Been there 7 years and is still a C grade player.
Jacobs- Enough has been written.
McKenzie- Slow and downhill skier. Non impact player. Trade now while we may get a 3rd round trade pick but doubt any other team would entertain the idea.
Grima- Good servant but another player who it seems has been with us for ever and has stagnated. Would any other team want him? BIG NO so why do we keep him.
McMahon- Was a very good player but the time has come to part ways.
Firrito- Another good servant for 10 years but his time has also come.
Gibson- This one will cause a few to kick up a stink but another downhill skier who although gathers plenty of possessions they are non damaging. Soft as butter. Poor disposal.
Wright- Only asset he has is his versatility so would keep him solely for that reason but not in the best 25 players.
Above players should be moved on/out over next two years if we are serious about finding and building a team that is a serious threat.

Currie to remain solely as a back up ruck man should injuries hit Goldy.

Time for hard nuts like Hine and Garner to get opportunities when fit. Really hope Harper can also get over his injuries and start playing as he is a genuine x factor. Wood needs to be played and Daw is the only Ruck/Forward option that should be developed and played. He will learn much more playing seniors than fluffing around in Werribee for remainder of the year.
Tippet or Delaney to be given chances. They are certainly bigger and stronger than Grima and their disposal couldn't be any worse.
Holy moly

A bloke who I think is struggling and has avoided scrutiny is Mullet. Putting up crap numbers apart from couple of goals and his defending has been average.

Sent from my waffle machine using Tapatalk.

It's a frustrating one. We know what he is capable of but we also know he had a shocking preseason. Doesn't look like it at the moment and it's these sorts of things that hurt us. Very few players nowadays are worth playing injured IMHO, certainly not too many HBF's.

Who are we carrying?
LT-great 1st game but we carry him because he will produce,just needs his consistent 2013 form,and adds forward pressure
Mullet-will get better as he was behind his pre season schedule,important player to our back line
Spud-surprised me with the few games he has played which has been good,but would like Cam Delaney in ASAP who is our future.Delaney should be due to come in with a few more games in the VFL due to late pre season
Petrie-no where near himself but important with our structure and Taz out,I don't think he is done yet
McKenzie- like him but needs more consistency....more disposals,great kick and USUALLY makes good decisions
Hansen-hasn't shown his 2013 form yet but again is important to our future
Black-see Hansen
Currie- really wanted to see him play well as I believe he can be the ruck forward that we want but is too slow,we need Daw in ASAP

Gotta say, they've come out of the woodwork after the last three weeks.

McKenzie has been 'learning his trade in the two's and the odd green vest" he will be given half a season to see where he is at..........if he doesn't show anything we should with much regret get rid of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McKenzie has been 'learning his trade in the two's and the odd green vest" he will be given half a season to see where he is at..........if he doesn't show anything we should with much regret get rid of him.
Nah. 18 games of footy ain't enough to make a call.

If it was Cunners would be killing it at Hawthorn right about now.

I've been critical of Mckenzie for a couple of reasons, one being leg speed and the other being his lack of physical presence.

The facts are he's played less than 20 games and he has a weapon in his foot skills, but unless he learns how to use this weapon he will just drift a long and be out of the system before he know what's hit him.

The club has to play him , one to see where he is and two to keep him on our books....his contract is up for renewal isn't it??
If it is he will get a contract. You don't cut a kid who went in the first round after two years and less than a season of games.

I've been critical of Mckenzie for a couple of reasons, one being leg speed and the other being his lack of physical presence.

The facts are he's played less than 20 games and he has a weapon in his foot skills, but unless he learns how to use this weapon he will just drift a long and be out of the system before he know what's hit him.
Lets not talk about physical presence.... :eek:

Seriously though his PP is getting better......it takes time, one has to look at Bastinac and question his PP into his 5th season. Not Bmac, not yet anyway.

Gibson- This one will cause a few to kick up a stink but another downhill skier who although gathers plenty of possessions they are non damaging.
Gibson- downhill skier
Now im as critical of the next guy, within reason id like to think. sure, i even agree with a couple of points but if you think gibson is a downhill skier youre bananas and the rest of your point is invalid. he runs the most out of anyone. period. carry on people.

Will reserve my judgement until Ziebell, Swallow, JMAC and either Daw/Tarrant are available.

Guys like Bastinac, Mckenzie, Gibson, Jacobs will not win games off their own boot. They are role players and will rack up big numbers or do quite a bit of damage in some games.

North are certainly have not been fit or in form this year.

Bastinac is the only one you should consistently expect more from so far.

Ben Jacobs and Currie.

Have no idea what Scott sees in Jacobs. He's a genuine spud.

Currie just doesn't have what it takes to cut it.

Anthony, Jacobs , currie all gone at years end

Remove this Banner Ad

Back