Votes: 11 3.1%
  • Lamb

Votes: 13 3.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its insane is what it is.

Reid has struggled this year with injury but he is still in our top 5 and a critical part of our side going forward. You can't send away two top 5 list players in one year.
Relax there champ it's just a suggestion to get pick 1, do you have any idea's on that yourself or you just like to quote posts and shitcan them?

No. Someone like Kennedy/Taylor Adams would be around the mark value wise. Not a top 5 player at the club.
For pick 1 on it's own Kennedy and pick 4/5 wouldn't get it done, Adams might be closer to the mark, to get 1+21 it would take more than that though. Reid hasn't been top 5 at the club since 2011.

For pick 1 on it's own Kennedy and pick 4/5 wouldn't get it done, Adams might be closer to the mark, to get 1+21 it would take more than that though. Reid hasn't been top 5 at the club since 2011.

You're severely overrating pick 1. Under no circumstance would I trade a top 5 selection and Reid for Petracca and I think he's going to be a freak!!

I'd say you're severely overrating Reid, just my opinion.

A former AA CHB who is capable of being a top 3 league wide swingman is worth more than a 4 pick upgrade (injuries or not).

On the open market this time last year he was worth pick 1 by himself and his value hasn't slipped as far as you suggest.

FWIW if pick 1 is a goer put the hard word on Brisbane to undertake the leg work to get it for us. I'm not keen on us selling our soul for it.

You're severely overrating pick 1. Under no circumstance would I trade a top 5 selection and Reid for Petracca and I think he's going to be a freak!!

Exactly right. Some of the looney theories to get pick 1 have been exposed badly in the past.

Last year for instance, people wanted to trade pick key players and pick 6 for pick 1, Witts was one name that was mentioned. Now I know Scharenberg has been injured so far but there's still big wraps on the kid.

If we upgrade it won't be with Kennedy, Adams, and I don't even want to upgrade it with Josh Thomas. Many pick 4's have been the better player compared to pick 1.

A former AA CHB who is capable of being a top 3 league wide swingman is worth more than a 4 pick upgrade (injuries or not).

On the open market this time last year he was worth pick 1 by himself and his value hasn't slipped as far as you suggest.

FWIW if pick 1 is a goer put the hard word on Brisbane to undertake the leg work to get it for us. I'm not keen on us selling our soul for it.

Former being the key word, defensively he hasn't been the same player since Hawkins monstered him in the 11 GF. Buckley has said as much, hence the switch forward which happened from memory around rd 10 or so in 2013, from then on he averaged almost 2 goals a game after that which is a good return for a 2nd forward.

His varied injury struggles this year concerns me, despite him being reasonably durable prior to this year and it and his form or lack thereof would certainly have driven his value down.

Hi Scodog, I would not be surprized if that is what happens. Wouldn't be surprized if Saints, GWS and Bris do a three way deal, that sees Bris upgrade to pick 1 and then onsend it for Beams at Collingwood's bequest. Saints end up with Jakcsh, O'Rourke and Leunberger through pick 1. Lions upgrade pick 4 with Patfull, and Hine is all over Petracca. GWS get pick 4 and Patful for O'Rourke and Jaksch.

Former being the key word, defensively he hasn't been the same player since Hawkins monstered him in the 11 GF. Buckley has said as much, hence the switch forward which happened from memory around rd 10 or so in 2013, from then on he averaged almost 2 goals a game after that which is a good return for a 2nd forward.

His varied injury struggles this year concerns me, despite him being reasonably durable prior to this year and it and his form or lack thereof would certainly have driven his value down.
Ben Reid on open market=better than most pick 5s.
Would prefer not to pay 2 top 5 picks for pick 1

Hi Scodog, I would not be surprized if that is what happens. Wouldn't be surprized if Saints, GWS and Bris do a three way deal, that sees Bris upgrade to pick 1 and then onsend it for Beams at Collingwood's bequest. Saints end up with Jakcsh, O'Rourke and Leunberger through pick 1. Lions upgrade pick 4 with Patfull, and Hine is all over Petracca. GWS get pick 4 and Patful for O'Rourke and Jaksch.

From my perspective I'd work to get a better deal on Beams, but if it's determined that pick 1 is his worth then you take it.

I also can't see St Kilda having an interest in Luenberger with Hickey, Longer and Pearce already on their list so maybe GWS' second rounder or compensation pick is involved.

At the end of it if Hine and co feel that Petracca offers value from day dot (he does IMO) then it could work. The best aspect for mine is that it leaves us with a strong presence in the second round of Lumumba is moved for the Dees second rounder. It just feels like 15-30 is when you wanna be getting your teeth stuck into this draft with the top prospects not dominating Petracca and Brayshaw aside.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From my perspective I'd work to get a better deal on Beams, but if it's determined that pick 1 is his worth then you take it.

I also can't see St Kilda having an interest in Luenberger with Hickey, Longer and Pearce already on their list so maybe GWS' second rounder or compensation pick is involved.

At the end of it if Hine and co feel that Petracca offers value from day dot (he does IMO) then it could work. The best aspect for mine is that it leaves us with a strong presence in the second round of Lumumba is moved for the Dees second rounder. It just feels like 15-30 is when you wanna be getting your teeth stuck into this draft with the top prospects not dominating Petracca and Brayshaw aside.

Perfect synopsis Scodog.

Reid actually averaged about 2.5 goals a game when he played forward in 2013, and in the same period Cloke averaged 3.3 goals a game.

I did the math back then and only included the games he played up forward, i can only remember the average goals per game though, someone on here went into further detail and did goals per quarter and found out Reid was with the elite forwards in that period going from goals, contested mark and 1 on 1 wins per quarter.

Reid actually averaged about 2.5 goals a game when he played forward in 2013, and in the same period Cloke averaged 3.3 goals a game.

I did the math back then and only included the games he played up forward, i can only remember the average goals per game though, someone on here went into further detail and did goals per quarter and found out Reid was with the elite forwards in that period going from goals, contested mark and 1 on 1 wins per quarter.

Reid was top 2 in the comp in his limited stints forward iirc.

As I recall he actually spent serious time up forward in all of the 13 games starting from the Lions game in rd 10, there was definitely a bunch of games where he played only as a forward 8-10 from memory.

Comparing his output to the elite forwards is somewhat flawed logic as he wasn't getting the best defender or getting double teamed like many of the elite.

FWIW I rate him as a second forward and prefer him to play there because as I mentioned previously his form as a defender seemed to drop off which started with a poor prelim and then he got slaughtered in the GF in 2011.

To be perfectly honest I'm done with it, I brought his name up as a potential trade option and that's clearly not a view shared by many on here and that's fine, it's BigFooty, and it often tends to become a groupthink circle jerk when certain players names are thrown up as a trade option.

Last edited:
As I recall he actually spent serious time up forward in all of the 13 games starting from the Lions game in rd 10, there was definitely a bunch of games where he played only as a forward 8-10 from memory.

Comparing his output to the elite forwards is somewhat flawed logic as he wasn't getting the best defender or getting double teamed like many of the elite.

FWIW I rate him as a second forward and prefer him to play there because as I mentioned previously his form as a defender seemed to drop off, he had a poor prelim then got slaughtered in the GF in 2011.
He was injured in the GF in 2011. Also Brown is a more preferable matchup for Hawkins. Sadly they are both injured too much lately. But at Reid's best, which he just needs a good run of games in a row to get back to, he's nothing short of an elite big man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FWIW I rate him as a second forward and prefer him to play there because as I mentioned previously his form as a defender seemed to drop off which started with a poor prelim and then he got slaughtered in the GF in 2011.

To be perfectly honest I'm done with it, I brought his name up as a potential trade option and that's clearly not a view shared by many on here and that's fine, it's BigFooty, and it often tends to become a groupthink circle jerk when certain players names are thrown up as a trade option.
I recall him playing the game against the Lions as a forward, then playing in the backline again up until the Carlton game, then from then on he spent about 70 percent of the rest of that season as a forward

A) It will be Pick 5

B) Wouldn't be surprised if we never see the Pick as i have a feeling on draft day it will be someone else's pick and our hardened bodied ready made recruit will have already been signed (who ever he is)...

I reckon it's a disgrace if the Demons get pick 3 for him. As Leigh Matthews said earlier this year "If he wasn’t a free agent, no one would be thinking about recruiting him. He’s just an OK player".

My preference would be for Dangerfield over what else is available at 4, How about Brisbane sends us picks 4 and 24, we send them Beams and we ontrade pick 4 and Kennedy to Adelaide. Leaving us with Dangerfield and Pick 24. We head to the draft with picks 8, 22(Lumumba), 24 and 28.

A) It will be Pick 5

B) Wouldn't be surprised if we never see the Pick as i have a feeling on draft day it will be someone else's pick and our hardened bodied ready made recruit will have already been signed (who ever he is)...
If it's true that he has accepted a 450k over 4 years deal then it will stay pick 4. (I think)

I reckon it's a disgrace if the Demons get pick 3 for him. As Leigh Matthews said earlier this year "If he wasn’t a free agent, no one would be thinking about recruiting him. He’s just an OK player".

My preference would be for Dangerfield over what else is available at 4, How about Brisbane sends us picks 4 and 24, we send them Beams and we ontrade pick 4 and Kennedy to Adelaide. Leaving us with Dangerfield and Pick 24. We head to the draft with picks 8, 22(Lumumba), 24 and 28.

I like the thinking, but I have a feeling the Pies only want top 10 picks or ready made players.

And so do I.

Dangerfield isn't going anywhere IMO.

I'll take him and Moore though - and a ready made tall defender (walk up start required) and a depth mature ruckman. That'll do it, otherwise, Top 10 Picks and walk up starts only thanks

He was injured in the GF in 2011. Also Brown is a more preferable matchup for Hawkins. Sadly they are both injured too much lately. But at Reid's best, which he just needs a good run of games in a row to get back to, he's nothing short of an elite big man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This.

Seriously shizzle I can't believe you are pointing to Reid's performance in the 2011 gf as the reason he needs to be traded.

Scarlett / Silvangni etc would all crumble under such physical duress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back