Votes: 11 3.1%
  • Lamb

Votes: 13 3.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We already have Pendlebury?

So if one were to offer us another Pendlebury, you would decline?

If someone offered me a Pendlebury or Travis Boak I'd take Travis Boak as we already have Pendlebury.

I think Hine's draft board would be.

1. LaVerde.
2. Ahern.
3. Weller.
4. Langford.
5. Pickett.

I hope we don't take Pickett, pick five is such a waste for a small forward.
Picks that high should be on players that dominate week in week out, not a guy that turns it on for half a quarter to win you a game ever now and then.
I can't even think of any existing small forward I would take at five (assuming we count Wingard primarily as a midfielder)

I hope we don't take Pickett, pick five is such a waste for a small forward.
Picks that high should be on players that dominate week in week out, not a guy that turns it on for half a quarter to win you a game ever now and then.
I can't even think of any existing small forward I would take at five (assuming we count Wingard primarily as a midfielder)

Pickett isn't a small forward.

I'm over Pendlebury. Too many similar types to him these days.

Its a little something called balance. Having similar exposes you to their weaknesses. Having a well rounded group covers those weaknesses and multiply's there strengths. Just like what happened in 2010-11.

Its a little something called balance. Having similar exposes you to their weaknesses. Having a well rounded strengths. Just like what happened in 2010-11.

Sorry! Should have put smiley face. Pendlebury is a bit like Daicos to me, you'd gladly take another 2 or 3 of him. All jokes aside if any kid in the draft has the Pendlebury DNA I say we snap him up!

Sorry! Should have put smiley face. Pendlebury is a bit like Daicos to me, you'd gladly take another 2 or 3 of him. All jokes aside if any kid in the draft has the Pendlebury DNA I say we snap him up!

The kids in the draft aren't exactly Pendlebury. Pendlebury offers what they offer and more. Why should we go for lesser Pendlebury when we already have Pendlebury?

Langford is one month off being a 2015 draft player.
In club land, he is considered a 7 - 10 selection.
5 wouldn't be that much of a reach.
He had 2 games at Northern where he kicked 5 goals from the midfield.
He's a private school kid, spent a lot of 2014 playing at school.
His name really came up in lights when he dominated the APS/AGS game.
IIRC, Reid was underage when we picked him up at 8. The talk was that he was a number 1 pick for the following year if he was somehow undrafted.

Hine might like the underage prospects. (Hope that doesn't sound dodgy :) )

IIRC, Reid was underage when we picked him up at 8. The talk was that he was a number 1 pick for the following year if he was somehow undrafted.

Hine might like the underage prospects. (Hope that doesn't sound dodgy :) )

If Reid was underage, how did we pick him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry i probably meant young for his draft year. I have no idea to be honest but remember Reid was a shock at 8.
I think Reids birthday is late April. The cut off in the draft back then was to turn 18 before April 30 of the following year, not calendar years like it is now.

To put it in perspective, Kruezer was 2 weeks older then Reid, born in May, and he went in the next years draft.

Kids who were drafted that turned 18 between Jan and April, following the draft, were referred to as under agers. Pendles, Sidey and Cloke are all in this boat. There may be more.

Langford turns 18 in December.
The date cut off for the draft now is January onwards in that draft year.
Think he is 11 months younger than Darcy.
The big upside of Langford is he was heavily committed to his AGS games this year.
Sidebottom was another young draftee I believe.

Hmm. Sensing a bit of a pattern here. Our recruiters seem to like under agers (not intended to sound dodgy) as much as basketballers.

I think Reids birthday is late April. The cut off in the draft back then was to turn 18 before April 30 of the following year, not calendar years like it is now.

To put it in perspective, Kruezer was 2 weeks older then Reid, born in May, and he went in the next years draft.

Kids who were drafted that turned 18 between Jan and April, following the draft, were referred to as under agers. Pendles, Sidey and Cloke are all in this boat. There may be more.
Thanks for that clarification.

referred to as under agers.
The term was bottom age, not under age.

The idea was that once you had left under 16s, you had two years in the under 18s, the first being your bottom age year and the second being top age.

They recently changed the rules so that you couldn't draft kids who were bottom aged anymore, as they have to turn 18 before the end of the draft's calendar year.

Under age has always meant too young to be drafted.

If someone offered me a Pendlebury or Travis Boak I'd take Travis Boak as we already have Pendlebury.
I'd take the second Pendlebury. Also, if we Had Gary Ablett and someone offered us another clone and we declined, I'd punch the club in the throat. Best available, should be what we are chasing at pick 5. A Pendlebury clone would be the pick of this mob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd take the second Pendlebury. Also, if we Had Gary Ablett and someone offered us another clone and we declined, I'd punch the club in the throat. Best available, should be what we are chasing at pick 5. A Pendlebury clone would be the pick of this mob.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There isn't a Pendlebury clone in the draft. There a players of similar height that would offer similar but Pendlebury still offers more. So its more like a Pendlebury clone with allot of stuff left out. Also, Pendlebury isn't Gary Ablett so your comparison was a poor one.

I don't see us picking Ahern, we picked Kennedy and Broomhead 2 years ago. Picking Ahern would mean 3 short-ish mids in quick time.
I have no doubt that he can play, but I think we need a point of difference. So, Jayden Laverde for mine.

One thing is for sure - we won't get Pickett.
Has indicated he intends on going back to WA eventually if drafted to an interstate club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back