Who do you support in the NHL & who are your favourite players?

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure where else to put this, but keen on getting into NHL and don't really have a team to follow. Wouldn't mind finding a team similar to how the Swans go. Workman like, no real stars but do well for themselves. Would really like if they were red and/or white though. :p Red Wings? Hurricanes? Canadiens? Capitals?

Not sure where else to put this, but keen on getting into NHL and don't really have a team to follow. Wouldn't mind finding a team similar to how the Swans go. Workman like, no real stars but do well for themselves. Would really like if they were red and/or white though. :p Red Wings? Hurricanes? Canadiens? Capitals?

The Phoenix Coyotes will be your new team.

I didn't come to this board to put up with that crap. :rolleyes:
Just don't pick the Red Wings then or you'll cop it as well.

Coyotes are the most like the Swans. It's more maroon than Red, but they are workman like with no stars.. however colours is a girl thing to pick. Nashville are similar, if not better. Although they have two stars in Weber and Rinne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well colours wasn't a deal breaker, but it would have been nice. Will check out Nashville and Predators is a cool name for a team. :thumbsu: Currently watching Penguins v Maple Leafs
Pick the Penguins and I will murder you.

Anaheim Ducks supporter, favourite player of all time would be the 'Finnish Flash' Teemu Selanne. Cannot believe it's his last seaso, as for other players anyone who's been a Duck holds a special place in my heart.

Enjoy seeing the Sedin brothers and their twin magic, Dion Phaneuf always good for a strong check. Special mention for Ilya Bryzgalov and George Parros though, sad to see those guys leave.

I support team Lundqvist and my favourite player is Lundqvist because he's the only one that gives a s**t.

Pittsburgh. Didn't just jump on the bandwagon recently, I picked them someone arbitrarily back when Mario Lemieux was on the cover of NHL 2002. Pretty obvious to say Crosby is a favourite player, but other than Crosby and Malkin I love watching James Neal, Pascal Dupuis and Brooks Orpik in particular. I watch pretty much all Pens games either live or delayed.

The main team I support though is Genève-Servette in the Swiss league. It means so much more I think to be able to go and watch the team live every week. My favourite players are our captain Goran Bezina (a top Swiss player but only got a couple of NHL games about 10 years ago), the Canadian Alexandre Picard (was actually a #9 overall pick after dominating juniors but never took off in the NHL) and our superb goalie Tobias Stephan (was the Dallas Stars #2 goalie for a bit but came back to Switzerland to play regularly).

Pittsburgh. Didn't just jump on the bandwagon recently, I picked them someone arbitrarily back when Mario Lemieux was on the cover of NHL 2002. Pretty obvious to say Crosby is a favourite player, but other than Crosby and Malkin I love watching James Neal, Pascal Dupuis and Brooks Orpik in particular. I watch pretty much all Pens games either live or delayed.
tumblr_m2if6dDxHI1rn435g.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back