Who do you think is the best captain in the AFL and why?

Who is the best captain in the AFL

• Luke Hodge (Hawthorn)

Votes: 220 39.6%
  • Joel Selwood (Geelong)

Votes: 69 12.4%
  • Gary Ablett (GC)

Votes: 11 2.0%
  • Nick Riewoldt (St Kilda)

Votes: 40 7.2%
  • Jobe Watson (Essendon)

Votes: 40 7.2%
  • Scott Pendelbury (Collingwood)

Votes: 16 2.9%
  • Travis Boak (Port P)

Votes: 78 14.1%
  • Trent Cotchin (Richmond)

Votes: 10 1.8%
  • Mark Murphy (Carlton)

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Matthew Pavlich (Freo)

Votes: 36 6.5%
  • Nathan Jones (Melbourne)

Votes: 15 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 15 2.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No prizes for guessing who I believe deserves the title....

Courageous, fearless, inspirational, and willing to give radio interviews anywhere and anytime!

upload_2014-11-20_10-45-46.png
Joel Selwood giving a phone interview to 3AW Sports Today yesterday!

I am a massive fan of Jobe Watson. Ignoring all the drug stuff cause I simply don't care, I think he is the best captain in the comp by a long way.

Most improved captains: Marc Murphy and Andrew Swallow. Both were pretty uninspiring when they started but both have improved dramatically as their captaincy has gone on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Travis Boak because he encapsulates everything that a captain should be, he was loyal through the dark years stuck with us because he loves the club. He leads from the front and has everyone following behind him, when its the last quarter and we need someone to stand up you can count on him to do it. He makes players around him better, and he sets the standards off the field as well.

True captain

Travis+Boak+AFL+Rd+3+North+Melbourne+v+Port+g39GVneNAnOl.jpg

(... Of course I am bias :p)

Most improved captains: Marc Murphy and Andrew Swallow. Both were pretty uninspiring when they started but both have improved dramatically as their captaincy has gone on.
bahahahahahahhahahahaahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahhahahahaahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha
hahhahahahaahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha
ahahhahahahaahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahhahahahaahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha
hahhahahahaahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaha
ahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha
ahahhahahahaahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahhahahahaahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha
hahhahahahaahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaha

Where's the Bob Murphy option?

Travis Boak because he encapsulates everything that a captain should be, he was loyal through the dark years stuck with us because he loves the club. He leads from the front and has everyone following behind him, when its the last quarter and we need someone to stand up you can count on him to do it. He makes players around him better, and he sets the standards off the field as well.

True captain

Travis+Boak+AFL+Rd+3+North+Melbourne+v+Port+g39GVneNAnOl.jpg

(... Of course I am bias :p)
And just look at the man...would turn!

Back