Opinion Who do you want to see win the flag?

Heckler

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Who do you prefer to see win the 2014 Premiership
Now that the wheels have fallen off the Cat-mobile

in order

1: Poort... They're young and play an exciting brand of footy and Kenny is Coach
2: Norf... Attacking game is good to watch despite
3: Freo... If their negative style succeeds I don't want to see imitators...Arrgggggghh!!!
4: $wans... It irks me the COLA rorters buy one thanks to AFL favours
5: Horks... Just hate these old campaigners, hate their Skiddies, their coach and supporters too.

Jun 9, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves
Agree with you op. In order:

Port - would love to see Kenny win a flag
North - I respect them and basically hate them less than the bottom three
Freo - don't hate them as much as some Cats fans, rate Lyon and Ballantyne, but Crowley does annoy me
Sydney - the cost of living allowance has turned me off the Bondi billionaires
Hawthorn - obvious

Oct 16, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
1) Pretty much North or Port. Just unlikely.
2) Sydney and realistically ill have to barrack for them to beat North coz they are the best chance to beat hawks/Freo.
Plus if we can't win, the best option is having no one win the flag and Sydney is the closest to no one you could get. They are known as the AFL$wans, so really the trophy just goes back to the AFL and it'll feel like no one won a flag.
3) Fremantle but god I hope they don't. Can't stand Lyon.
4) Hawthorn

xtatik222k

Club Legend
May 24, 2008
australia
AFL Club
Geelong
3) Freo. I just want to see Pav get some success before he bows out. A great leader, a hard-working bloke and an honest footy player. His quality outshines the $hit-stains like Ballantyne, Crowley and even Ross Lyon. I think Fremantle are placed well at the moment to challenge for it.
2) Port. They play the game the way it should be played. They're a team full of honest, hard-working stars who deserve the win. I feel like their game style would be the best one to reward with a GF. I live in Adelaide, and most of their supporters are feral as all hell, but all emotions aside, I feel somewhat guilty after we trounced them in 2007.
3) North Melbourne. Been down and out for quite some time, and I'm generally fond of their supporters. Plus, they're not Sydney or Hawthorn.
4) Hawthorn. Despise them. Don't despise them as much as Sydney.
5) Sydney. Their team basically flies in the face of everything I love about AFL. They have been able to poach two of their most important players through a gifted technicality that is thankfully being revoked next year. Didn't need to develop a forward line throughout their transition as their handouts allowed them to basically thieve from other sides who invested time and effort into their line-ups.

illavitar

All Australian
Jun 11, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
I cannot stand the concept of the Hawks campaigning their way to back to back premierships (or more importantly 4 afl premierships) and being compared to real champions of history such as Geelong and Brisbane. We already have a campaigning state team with 3 afl premierships that shouldn't be compared to the likes of Geelong and Brisbane... same goes for Hawthorn. Born to campaign and will always be hindered culturally for it.

See here's the dilemma…

Freo I can't ******* stand. Done nothing ever but talk a bunch of s**t.
Port - I don't mind but only because of Kenny.
Swans - Both my dead Nana and Pa were huge Sth Melb fans so I have a bit of a spot for them and would not hate that OTHER than the fact of COLA and the 25 years of benefits they have from the AFL…

And then there is Hawthorn. I ******* HATE them but I have to respect them for what they do and how they do it.

Id almost rather them based on the fact that at least they have done it already and will just add another one.

If Freo get up then they will say they have something for their trophy cabinet and I won't have that.

Talk about the lesser of 3 hells…

Go Catters

Whit3y

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 14, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Sheff Wed
anyone but hawks

freo would be the one i want, there remoteness wouldn't generate as much bullshit in the melbourne media
port i see are geelong of ten years ago. respect
norf, who doesnt like a underdog
cola, buddy no fanks

whoever wins one thing is certain, i wont be watching the news of reading the papers for a good week after, and definetely no bay 13 for awhile bar mofras bottom 50

Sydney.... mostly because they can beat the Hawks, and if Buddy turned it on and beat them off his own boot the tears and complaining would be delicious and help get me through the summer months

Last edited:

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Port - tough, skilled and great to watch.
North - can be good to watch but of the 5 sides left are the least likely to be able to do it. Too many holes in that list. They don't really have any players that make me pay attention and want to watch like a Buddy, Ablett, Johnson, Hawkins, Selwood etc
Hawthorn - if they're good enough then they deserve it, did a huge job to finish where they did on the ladder to give themselves the best shot after all the injuries they had during the season.
Sydney - with Buddy carving the Hawks up just for the lolz. I too don't like all the assistance they've been given in putting that list together.
Freo - I think Port might get them tonight, if they make the GF, I hope for another massive choke. I hope they play with that ultra-Ross defence and it isn't good enough, again. Backline a huge question mark with their keys out.

Ah dam that can't happen....

They're meeting in a prelim :(:(

Yeah, but if scores are level at full time of the PF they play extra time...scores are still level at the end of extra time etc. etc. etc. Because the game doesn't end GF has to be cancelled. :D

Back