Opinion Who do you want to see win the flag?

Remove this Banner Ad

Last week, we were within 3 kicks of beating Hawthorn at the 18-minute mark of Q4, despite the facts that
- effectively, we had no 1st ruckman
- 4 of our best 6 players (Johnson, Taylor, Motlop, Hawkins) gave us absolutely nothing, and another (Stokes) was playing injured
- by my count, 3 of our players barely reached the 5/10 pass mark, at least 11 of our players failed to reach the 5/10 pass mark, and a couple scored 0/10 or 1/10.

Hawthorn are toast.
And we've shown Port that Hawthorn are toast.

Thats a very astute summation Fred

I thought after our performance against Hawthorn - we would beat NM comfortably - but in fact it was the other way round - if Thomas had goaled in the last qtr - they were 6 goals up - and that was a more truer indication of the game than the final margin

So im starting to doubt the Hawthorn form a bit too- and Pt Adelaide - they are unique- that 2nd half last night was unbelievable - very impressed how they ( in the2nd half) put Fyffe and Sandilands right out of the game - their pressure on the ball carrier was fantastic

Bottom line is - Hawthorn will need to play a hell of alot better than they did against Geelong- otherwise Port Adelaide will beat them

Port need to beat Freo tonight and Hawthorn next week. North have to beat Sydney next week.

In other words it ain't gonna happen.
How sweet was the Port victory last night? #2farqtards - out!
Now for the #1farqtards! Go Port!

A port v north GF would be pretty unreal considering their finishing positions on the ladder, 5th and 6th.

Can't see any of them winning their prelims though, hawks and swans have been head and shoulders above the rest this year and with a week off will be fit and ready.

Hawks to win by 25
Swans to win by 39

A port v north GF would be pretty unreal considering their finishing positions on the ladder, 5th and 6th.

Can't see any of them winning their prelims though, hawks and swans have been head and shoulders above the rest this year and with a week off will be for and ready.

Hawks to win by 25
Swans to win by 39
I can see the Hawks getting done, not Sydney though.

I reckon Port will feel the Hawks in Melb is no tougher than Freo in Perth. They have the speed and pressure to really worry Hawthorn if they are on IMO.

Can't see any of them winning their prelims though, hawks and swans have been head and shoulders above the rest this year and with a week off will be fit and ready.

Hawks to win by 25
Swans to win by 39
NM has beaten every top 8 team this year, us the most recent.
The Swans/ Port wins were admittedly early season, but the Hawks and Geelong wins very recently. They are now on streak, and Swans are beatable, but Buddy/Tippett v their meagre defence could be telling. Rucks and mids, believe it or not, imo, NM has the advantage.

That's a great idea! How much do they receive for their COLA? If playing Dawks, Swans should be given the equivalent % of COLA to start the game! Awesome idea Fred! Anything to stick it to the Dawks!

As long as its only at the start of the game - 9.8% of zero is still zero.

Go Port, one for Kenny.

Otherwise go the Roos one for Chris's brother.

Otherwise go the Swans one for a team which is not Hawthorn.

1, Port - FOR HINKERS!
2, North - I used to HATE North but I've grown fond of them.
3, Hawks - They're actually my third favourite team (1, Cats 2, Saints) but I put them third because they won last year.
4, Swans - They used to be my most hated team. Now I only hate Freo and GWS more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All this crap coming from a supporter of the club who poached Mumford of us.

Also it's not clever recruiting when you have more money in the salary cap than anyone else and are able to afford to buy Tippett and Buddy..

And to really nail your post of garbage... Our team had 10 players last night 23 or under... I'd say that's recruiting and blooding players wouldn't you?
1. You're forgetting the icing on the cake for Mumford: he got to play finals. Can't really blame him, can you?
2. For someone apparently so keen on facts, it's a pity you forgot to check your arithmetic. Given that the salary cap concessions amount to around $940,000, you are suggesting Mr Tippett is now paying for the privilege of playing for Sydney.
3. Oh of course, your team decided to play 10 young players in the final - what a great time to give them some experience! Because there's no point doing it during the regular season when there's not as much on the line...

1. You're forgetting the icing on the cake for Mumford: he got to play finals. Can't really blame him, can you?
2. For someone apparently so keen on facts, it's a pity you forgot to check your arithmetic. Given that the salary cap concessions amount to around $940,000, you are suggesting Mr Tippett is now paying for the privilege of playing for Sydney.
3. Oh of course, your team decided to play 10 young players in the final - what a great time to give them some experience! Because there's no point doing it during the regular season when there's not as much on the line...
Geelong offered Mumford a contract and he would have played finals in the future.. problem was the Swans just added more zeros and years when the initial offer got knocked back.

The rest of your post barely makes any sense.
We played young players all year, my point was made directly in response to you suggesting we didn't recruit or play any kids

And FWIW I want you guys to win on the weekend but you can't come here and argue points when you clearly know nothing about the game

The Hawks will win now :(:mad::cry:
Hopefully the Swans somehow come back and win the game...it would require a miracle though

It saddens me we could never go b2b, and the ******* Hawks have :(
Could it be argued that Collingwood and St Kilda were supremely tougher opponents when it mattered? Back then it was 3 really good teams rather than 1 obviously best team by the end of the year.

Let's see where they are in two years time, because we all know 2008 doesn't count.

Great effort by the Swans....complete tripe today.

They were pretty awesome today the Hawks, so while I'm disappointed they won, I have to begrudgingly give them respect for winning B2B flags.
A completely dominant display proving a champion team should and did beat a team of (supposed) (bought) champions.
The really scary thought is, Hawthorn are still to get a compo player for Buddy.
The 3-peat is an absolute reality.

A completely dominant display proving a champion team should and did beat a team of (supposed) (bought) champions.
The really scary thought is, Hawthorn are still to get a compo player for Buddy.
The 3-peat is an absolute reality.

It's too much of a nightmare seeing them win B2B, to bring up a threepeat is down right evil. Shame on you

a 3-peat will be a tough ask
The Hawks have 8 players in the 30+ age group and could drop off quickly...
Port will surely improve and will be much harder at it next year
Teams will work out how to stop the Hawks game better

Ryder is the missing piece of the puzzle for Port, they'll be top two with him.

Swans may lose Shaw, Goodes & Malceski but their superstars are in their prime and they'll be thereabouts again.

Fremantle's hope relies on how well Pavlich and Sandilands can go around again and whether they can get home finals.

Hawthorn's fortune will depend on whether there's a big drop off in their 30+ players - they've played the equivalent of an extra half season in the past four years (3 finals a year for 4 years in a row) which I think starts to take its toll.

We could be top four or miss the eight altogether.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back