Who DON'T you want at pick 5. The antithread (Thread closed, there's a new draft 'review' thread)

Who wouldn't you take.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
am i the only one who doesnt want/like McCartin, i would want Wright over him
you-are-the-only-one.jpg

Lever.

Good prospect, highlights impressive but I'd be holding my breath ever week hoping that the knee of his doesn't go ping.

We've already got that to look forward to with Scharenberg so no more please Mr.Hine.

frankie raso.... or maybe if he has a younger brother....

taylor swift... but if they pick her in the 4th or 5th round then that's ok...

I don't think we need any KPP's from this draft. I'd much prefer Petracca, Brayshaw, Laverde, De Goey or Ahern.

That being said I don't have much of an idea on what our list strategy is. We have recruited some gun ball users with pace recently and have a lot of young talent at both ends of the ground.

With the game evolving the way it is currently I'd be looking for a big bodied midfielder who can kick goals and take an overhead mark.

I want Langford the least of any of the options listed in the poll, besides maybe Goddard, but that said, my full support goes behind whoever Hine drafts, because I trust his opinion far more than my own.

I think Lever is too big of a risk to take given the problems that we had with our two first round picks last year, but I get the feeling Hine will feel the same way.

And I don't want us to draft Petracca, because the only way he's available at pick #5 is if he loses a leg between now and the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a quick question if you don't mind,

Why don't you like De Goey?
Well if you really want to know, looks middle of the road in all facets of the game, more outside which is a dime a dozen and doesn't have an X factor about him, sorry if you don't agree with me but I've seen enough footy and be involved closely to the game to know what I like and don't like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We want one of either Brayshaw,laverde,petracca at pick 5 the rest are hit and miss.

These 3 are ready to go the rest will take time

Laverde seems the most obvious at pick 5 unless GWS snap him up then if Petracca and brayshaw are snapped up pickett may be the one we will go for and De Goey the outsider

Why everyone hating on Goddard? He seems like a beast to me. Although let's not forget it's highly unlikely we would choose him anyway, considering he's a bit further up the draft then these other fellows.

If Goddard can bring the same hardness and dedication to his club that B.Goddard brought to St. Kilda in '00 years. Then we would be lucky to have him. B. Goddard would commonly cry at the end of games, he was so emotionally invested in giving it his all. (Now you could say he is a crybaby) but his club mates commonly said he lived and breathed the club.

I want that kind of attitude in our corner.

If Goddard can bring the same hardness and dedication to his club that B.Goddard brought to St. Kilda in '00 years. Then we would be lucky to have him. B. Goddard would commonly cry at the end of games, he was so emotionally invested in giving it his all. (Now you could say he is a crybaby) but his club mates commonly said he lived and breathed the club.

I want that kind of attitude in our corner.
They're cousins that are 12 years apart in age and didn't grow up anywhere near each other - You're drawing a really, really long bow to think that there's going to be an emotional similarity between the two of them.

Well if you really want to know, looks middle of the road in all facets of the game, more outside which is a dime a dozen and doesn't have an X factor about him, sorry if you don't agree with me but I've seen enough footy and be involved closely to the game to know what I like and don't like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's fair enough I guess

I voted Goddard - not because of any hate or that I'd be terribly upset, just the least appealing of the options based on my limited knowledge. Like Vinnie Vegas I'll trust Hine over my thoughts.

Just can't help thinking Goddard more of a defender than forward and we have enough KPD options. This makes me cool on Lever too but have heard more positives about him for leadership and rebound. I have some concerns on McCartin's set shot kicking but don't expect he'll be there at 5 so moot point. Pickett would need to improve his defensive running before I got too excited about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back