Sports Who else do you follow?

Oct 5, 2010
QLD
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Spurs
Outside of the AFL what teams do you support. I'm a recent soccer fan, starting in about 09, and follow Tottenham Hotspurs. Actually in the middle of watching a recording of last night's game but my bloody tv is on the fritz so sitting around waiting for it to work again.

Pretty keen on cricket to but my interest has dropped a little bit lately.

Jun 10, 2011
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
haha I go for Chelsea, there was some end to end patches in that game this morning against the Spurs. Really could have gone either way with Chelsea probably the better opportunities, but Spurs really finished strong and fired a few quick ones in the box at the end which any of them could have gone in. Also bit of a Brisbane Roar fan and try to get to a couple of those games.

Love the NBA, follow a few teams, but mostly probably for the players. Clippers, Portland, Oklahoma. But big Boston and Miami fan (before Lebron and Bosh got there).

Love the Cricket too and just generally watch it these days and no more playing for me, but loving the T20 big bash how its been revamped now. Liking the Brisbane Heat naturally...

Sep 30, 2010
Katherine, NT
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Tampa Bay Buccaneers, TB Lightning,
haha I go for Chelsea, there was some end to end patches in that game this morning against the Spurs. Really could have gone either way with Chelsea probably the better opportunities, but Spurs really finished strong and fired a few quick ones in the box at the end which any of them could have gone in. Also bit of a Brisbane Roar fan and try to get to a couple of those games.

Love the NBA, follow a few teams, but mostly probably for the players. Clippers, Portland, Oklahoma. But big Boston and Miami fan (before Lebron and Bosh got there).

Love the Cricket too and just generally watch it these days and no more playing for me, but loving the T20 big bash how its been revamped now. Liking the Brisbane Heat naturally...

I'm liking the heat, but I am not getting too involved, because if it is a good year for the Big Bash there will be more teams involved. Hoping for GC out of Metricon :p

Jun 10, 2011
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
NBA, the mightly Celtics (Larry Bird fan) we have something else in common Supernova Klown.

As a side note the missus bought me NBA2012 for the Xbox and I getting to live out the fantasy of playing as Larry

NICE, I got NBA 2K11 on PS3 havent got around to getting the new one, or the new FIFA 12. Really enjoyed the Jordan challenges and will probably pick up 2K12 at some point.

Jul 21, 2010
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
big american sports fan. love the nfl in particular, but don't really have a team that i follow. the steelers have been one that i like watching in previous years though. if the nfl was on one more often (or if i remembered to watch it when it is on haha) i may have a definite team that i support. also enjoy watching the nba as well. i'll be watching griffen and the clippers closely in the coming years, but i'd watch any game if it's on tv.

i'm a big cricket fan as well, although without foxtel i'm stuck with the stuff that's on channel 9, so the tests/odi's/t20's.

May 23, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
SwansCrowsPortFreoGCGWS
One of the joys of Sept, is the finals + NFL begins. Completely into it now, after 10 years of learning about gridiron, its the only thing that gets me thru the summer months. The collisions, passing or running, kick returns.

I truly believe that in order for Rugby League to survive as a sport (it has rule-changed itself a robotic 5 tackle-kick, scrum ha-ha) it has to convert into gridiron. Since SuperLeague died, RL is in its final death throes.

Only watch Test cricket in summer.

Hand

Don't think, Do.
May 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
Soccer: Arsenal/Melb. Victory
Basketball: LA Clippers
Baseball: SF Giants
NFL: SF 49ers
Cricket: Peter Siddle

Dammit

Challenge Accepted
Mar 20, 2010
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Just shat my pants because I thought South Melbourne Hellas had taken over one of my other loves - Melbourne Heart FC. Turns out we turned down their offer. Cue the Nuns -

"Ohhhhhh happy daysssss"

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
I can understand being from Mass and all but damn, You used to be cool. :p

That's said I'm a massive Baltimore Ravens fan, But with my favorite two players leaving (Lewis and Reed) making tracks I'm looking for a new favorite, Probably T-Sizzle at this point. :D

American Football: -
NFL: Baltimore Ravens
NCAA: Maryland Terrapins/Gardner-Webb Runnin' Bulldogs
AGL: NSW Wolverines
GQ: Logan City Bruins
GNSW: Wollongong Mustangs

Aussie Rules: -
AFL: Gold Coast Suns (Obviously)
Sydney AFL: Illawarra Lions

Basketball: -
NBA: Dallas Mavericks
NBL: Wollongong Hawks
NCAA: St. Mary's/Gardner-Webb

Cricket: -
Domestic: NSW Blues
BBL: Sydney Sixers

Soccer: -
A-League: Sydney FC
NSWPL: South Coast Wolves FC
MLS: Seattle Sounders
Europe: Werder Bremen
England: Bristol City

Ice Hockey: -
NHL: Anaheim Ducks
AIHL: Sydney Bears

Other: -
MLB: Baltimore Orioles
ABL: Sydney Blue Sox
Super Rugby: NSW Waratahs
NSW Cup: Illawarra Cutters
Group 7 RL: Albion Park-Oak Flats Eagles
NRL: Parramatta Eels/Warriors
NASCAR: Marcos Ambrose

That's all I can think of from the top of my head. I'm sure there's more though... Feels like some are missing.
I hear ya darkwingduck

Last edited:

Dammit

Challenge Accepted
Mar 20, 2010
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Might as well give it a shot too:
NBA: Orlando Magic
NBL: N/A (South East Melbourne Magic, Victorian Titans)
NCAA: Villanova, Texas Longhorns

NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NCAA: Texas Longhorns

A-League: Melbourne Heart
EPL: Aston Villa
MLS: San Jose Earthquakes
La Liga: Inter
Primera: Valencia
Bundesliga: N/A (Used to be Werder Bremen, after Marin left I'm actively searching for a new club)

AFL: Suns
VFL: Williamstown Seagulls
TAC: Western Jets

State: NSW Speedblitz Blues
BBL: Melbourne Stars

Ice Hockey: -
NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Baseball: -
MLB: Chicago Cubs

That's all I can think of from the top of my head. I'm sure there's more though... Feels like some are missing.

Herbs

Premiership Player
Jul 6, 2006
Rockhampton
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Edmonton Oilers in the NHL, tried following gridiron but I can't get into it, used to like the Fury in the A League until they got ditched, now I don't particularly care. NRL: Whoever plays the Broncos. Otherwise I mainly follow the Aussies like Dan Ricciardo in F1.

edge982

Senior List
Jul 6, 2011
Las Vegas
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
GCS, Patriots, Ole Miss, Notre Dame
AFL: Bombers/Suns
NFL: New England Patriots, with a soft spot for the Dallas Cowboys, as they're my Dad's side of the family's team.
NCAA: Ole Miss Rebels and Notre Dame Fighting Irish
NRL: North Queensland Cowboys
EPL: Manchester City

I don't really follow MLB or NBA but as a rule I cheer for all Boston teams and hate all California and New York teams. Except for the Dodgers.

I do enjoy the NHL when I can catch a game, but I don't really have a favorite team. I'm going to try and catch a Canucks game in October when I'm up in Vancouver.

Bagels

Team Captain
Nov 5, 2012
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester City, New York Knicks
AFL: Bombers/Suns
NFL: New England Patriots, with a soft spot for the Dallas Cowboys, as they're my Dad's side of the family's team.
NCAA: Ole Miss Rebels and Notre Dame Fighting Irish

I don't really follow MLB or NBA but as a rule I cheer for all Boston teams and hate all California and New York teams. Except for the Dodgers.

I do enjoy the NHL when I can catch a game, but I don't really have a favorite team. I'm going to try and catch a Canucks game in October when I'm up in Vancouver.

:)

Bagels

Team Captain
Nov 5, 2012
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester City, New York Knicks
NBA: New York Knicks
NBL: Cairns

NFL: NY Giants

A-League: Brisbane Roar
MLS: Seattle Sounders (soon to be New York City FC)
La Liga: Milan
Primera: Athletico Madrid
Bundesliga: Dortmund

AFL: GC Suns
NEAFL: Eastlake

State: QLD Bulls
BBL: Brisbane Heat

Baseball: -
MLB: New York Yankees

Rugby League: -
QLD Cup: Burleigh Bears
NSW Cup: Newtown

Rugby Union: -
Super Rugby: Brumbies

Aug 7, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Rams, 76's, Brewers
Massive fan of American sports and took my 17 year old son to the states last year. Ventured to Qualcomm Stadium and watched San Diego Chargers play Cincinatti Bengals. Got tickets 3 rows from the front but was sidetracked by the cheerleaders all day!!! Amazing experience.
Also lucky to see 5 LA Clippers games and a Lakers game although sat near the roof. Saw Blake Griffen slam dunk 3-4 times from close up and those guys are freaks.
Used a website Stubhub.com and got all the tickets for far less than face value if anyone heads over there.

Back