Opinion Who is looking forward to Season 2016?

Remove this Banner Ad

Over 700+ game experience departed, opportunities abound. I'm interested in seeing how we respond and who is going to be our surprise packet this season.
Who is going to step up when the pressure is on and we need a game changer? Excluding Buddy. Is Tippo going to continue that rich vein of form? Has Hanners finally learnt how to kick accurately?
Looking forward to the game day rain watch, always good for a laugh.

Yes Hannas and JPK have a very bad kicking disposal efficiency rate around 40%. Not good, an elite player at this level should be averaging around high 60's. Their handball efficiency is far better. They both need to improve their kicking. Benny suffers a similar problem moving through the mids but when in the forward line his kicking efficiency is really good. I think he prefers the set position. Pity he has slowed down considerably.

If Hannebery wasn't capable of accurate kicking then we wouldn't have won the 2012 Premiership...his foot-skills that day were sublime.

He's certainly capable of it but hasn't been doing it. I think it has to do with skills drills taking a secondary place to fitness in last year's program. The coaches and players are all talking about the increase in skills drills and match conditioning in this campaign.

So just booked all my leave for this years batch of interstate games ill be attending.

R5 Syd Vs WCE
R11 GC Vs Syd
R16 Gee Vs Syd

now im excited!! although a bit rediculous that i had to book an anual leave day to go to Geelong to see us play. seriously, Geelong on a friday night? someone was high when they thought that up.

now i just need my membership pack to show up!

So just booked all my leave for this years batch of interstate games ill be attending.

R5 Syd Vs WCE
R11 GC Vs Syd
R16 Gee Vs Syd

now im excited!! although a bit rediculous that i had to book an anual leave day to go to Geelong to see us play. seriously, Geelong on a friday night? someone was high when they thought that up.

now i just need my membership pack to show up!

I say high on peptides:drunk:

Geelong on a Friday Night will be next to impossible for most of us in Melbourne. I take it your staying down there for the night?

Geelong on a Friday Night will be next to impossible for most of us in Melbourne. I take it your staying down there for the night?

Impossible in what sense? Even with bad traffic it's still only an hour and a half drive absolute maximum. Or you can catch an hour long train from Southern Cross to South Geelong station and walk about 400 metres to the ground.

Impossible in what sense? Even with bad traffic it's still only an hour and a half drive absolute maximum. Or you can catch an hour long train from Southern Cross to South Geelong station and walk about 400 metres to the ground.

Getting back. They only run two trains after the match, not everyone has the option of driving or finishing work at 5pm

Nah Ill drive home after the game. Ill be home at about 2am

Getting back. They only run two trains after the match, not everyone has the option of driving or finishing work at 5pm

That's fair enough RE not being able to finish work at 5pm...but as far as getting there and back surely the Melb-based BigFooty Swans fans could organise some sort of carpool? Has this been tried before?

He's certainly capable of it but hasn't been doing it. I think it has to do with skills drills taking a secondary place to fitness in last year's program. The coaches and players are all talking about the increase in skills drills and match conditioning in this campaign.
His kicking "efficiency" is really the consequence of extreme pressure placed on him by the opposition. Same as Kennedy. He is a tough inside mid now. A lot of his kicking is while he is being tackled. He is not a fringe stand off receiver like Sam Mitchell. Who relies on Lewis, Roughead and the inevitable handpass out of the pack to get a kick.

Can someone tell me that we have a legitimate chance of winning the flag this year? I've been on hiatus from thinking about the Swans since going catatonic post North loss last year. I feel like I don't know anything about the Swans (or AFL really) right now.

I feel like I need a heavy dose of Swansrule100 optimism heading into the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone tell me that we have a legitimate chance of winning the flag this year? I've been on hiatus from thinking about the Swans since going catatonic post North loss last year. I feel like I don't know anything about the Swans (or AFL really) right now.

I feel like I need a heavy dose of Swansrule100 optimism heading into the season.

We are registered in the AFL competition for 2016.

Technically this means we have a chance of winning it.

We're no shoe in, but the list has exciting youth (Mills, Heeney, Jones) that will be great to watch. And Tippett, Bud, Sinclair should provide some fine bustling moments. Also, training program has had a shift so it doesn't look like we're going to be struggling for conditioning with plenty of skills under fatigue the focus. Kirk back as fwd will be a discussion point

I think finals will happen so a legitimate shot at the flag but beyond that I'm in for the ride. I'm about 8/10 on the optimistic and excited scale.

I don't know about a legitimate flag chance but we will be in the eight and any side in the eight is in with a chance if things go their way. But we are in a regeneration phase, the old leave and the and the next generation replace them. Regeneration. I would not count on a flag this year but be very excited about what is being developed for 2017. I think we a really strong side, a very cohesive and together unit. What has happened since 2013 is that we have had a side that was changing from the premiership side of 2012 because older players were retiring. Since 2012 Bolton, Goodes, Pyke, Shaw, LRT, Marty, Pebbles, Mumford, Mal, Morton, Jetta & Bird. Out of the 22 only 12 remain. Add to that AJ not getting out on the park and then we have only 9 of the 2012 premiership team. They young blokes at the club are very tight. Expect them to take the next step this year and next.

We are registered in the AFL competition for 2016.

Technically this means we have a chance of winning it.
Have an excellent forward line (when all fit), a midfield that is easily top 3 and an ageing backline. Much will depend on how well we can defend and rebound. Zak Jones has been behind due to injury, which is of concern to me. Looking forward to seeing how Talia fits in, Sinclair too.

An interesting year, still a big chance of top 4 IMO.

Guy posted this is the rumour section of the main board*;

View attachment 219258

Thread is basically about how we are looking to relocate this year's ANZ games to the SCG.
Of course he could be trolling, but.......

* http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...l-anz-games-to-the-scg.1123908/#post-43110290
Considering the most recent article I read said our chances of switching from ANZ were dwindling by the day to be near non existant I can only LOL at the effort.
Finals now though, well, we've got a good chance of SCG.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back