Who is the best bodybuilder

Remove this Banner Ad

His actions in his early years to pay for dinner were pretty unique too...

steve-carrell-office.gif

Pioneer in branding and advertising supps too. One of his training vids with him trying to promote supps is a good laugh.

Surprisingly Jay, Phil and Ronnie training vids were more about promoting chicken, meat, fish suppliers and eateries rather than supp companies.

No love for Dorian Yates...

I watched this you tube clip recently and really enjoyed it.

The first person to pop up in my mind was Arnie… I would not say he’s the best ever, but he’s definitely the most popular bodybuilder.

Coleman was simply off the charts. Straight up beast of a human.

I just watched this quick interview recently the other day.

It was interesting to hear he won 2-3 Olympias whilst working full time, had a chuckle seeing his massive frame in uniform, looked like some kind of monster cartoon.

But i don't care what anyone says about the drugs they take, the discipline, desire and determine to be the best is amazing. Backing up hours of training, meal prep, supplements etc.

No love for Dorian Yates...

I watched this you tube clip recently and really enjoyed it.

One of the best things I've ever watched/listened to. I never had much respect for body builders, but for unique people like Dorian I do after watching this. Incredible man, intelligent, disciplined, focused and hard working - things you can just tell by the way and what he speaks. Thanks for posting this Saj!

One of the best things I've ever watched/listened to. I never had much respect for body builders, but for unique people like Dorian I do after watching this. Incredible man, intelligent, disciplined, focused and hard working - things you can just tell by the way and what he speaks. Thanks for posting this Saj!

I am glad you enjoyed, it's a shame there aren't more interviews like that with him. On the outside to most people most of body builders come across as dumb ass meat heads. But mostly they are all incredibly hard working, disciplined and determined in what they do. If you haven't watched Generation Iron, give it a go another insight into the life and thinking of body builders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 'best' bodybuilder? In the framework of the sport? I suppose that would be Iris Kyle with 9 Ms Olympia wins, followed by Ronnie and Lee Haney with 8 Olympia wins.

My 'favourite' bodybuilder (which I think is the more interesting question given the subjective nature of aesthetic)? Tom Platz. Then Frank Zane.

If you want to look outside competitive bodybuilding, I'd add Zyzz.

Greatest physiques

Bodybuilders

Arnold
Flex Wheeler
Ronnie

Fitness models

Lazar Angelov
Greg Plitt
Ulisses Williams Jr

The age old question, Who is the best bodybuilder the world has ever seen.

Some say Arnie, Some say Ronnie Coleman, Some say Jay Cutler, Some say Phil Heath or Kai Greene or even a Dorian Yates.

What do you guys think.
Ron Coleman easy

Greatest physiques

Bodybuilders

Arnold
Flex Wheeler
Ronnie

Fitness models

Lazar Angelov
Greg Plitt
Ulisses Williams Jr

Its an interesting one, each era has its best ie Haney, Arnie and co but as time has gone the physiques of today would eclipse them. but its like anything it is always improving so you can only compare physiques with that of the equivelant era. Arnie was clearly the best of his era as Jay is of his but to acheive what Arnie did he would have to be rated greatest of all time.

only in his mid 20's....3 time Mr Universe winner

Three time NABBA mr.universe

He wouldn't/couldn't get on stage at the Olympia and compete with the likes Phil Heath, Kai Greene , etc.

The blokes mentioned on here like Haney, Arnie, Ronnie, Yates, Jay Cutler are all multiple winners of the Olympia Mr.Universe.

He has great potential, it's like comparing Issac Henney against Gary Ablett.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back