Opinion Who is the Eagles best ever full back?

Remove this Banner Ad

gc5440937910098435452.jpg

McIntosh the original Huntaaaa?
I rewatched the 2nd half of the game for the sake of it, and West Coast were 38 points down with 7 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. Sumich kicked a goal, did what looks like his quad, and then Macca was switched forward. Kicked 3-2 and we won by 7 points. Soooo....... yep. :p

McIntosh for me. Though he played in the days of the arm chop or spoil which made things easier for key defenders. Take nothing from Glass but ash was quality from such a young age as well

McIntosh. beat, and sometimes got beat by, an era of legend full forwards. Locket, Dunstall, Ablett, throw in a Schwartz and Neitz here and there a Lloyd, Kerhahan, Richardson and Rocca. That is some beasts right there.
He had to become a beast himself and if I remember correctly he held the record for the club in bench press.

Glass was awesome and I would love to have him again but McIntosh was our best full back. IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw a lot more of Glass than McIntosh, so difficult to compare, but both were great players. Glass was obviously more highly regarded by the league though with 4 AA's.

League creaming hard over SOS during Ashley's heyday.

Love Glassy but McIntosh gets my nod.

If Shep can keep it up, he will be in there over Bluey. He was possibly our most important backman this year and I can't believe I'm saying that after what we saw previously. Breakout.

Shep Appreciation Week helped this I feel. Kudos Bigfooty, Return the Wings, Power the Shep. We get s**t dizzone.

McIntosh. beat, and sometimes got beat by, an era of legend full forwards. Locket, Dunstall, Ablett, throw in a Schwartz and Neitz here and there a Lloyd, Kerhahan, Richardson and Rocca. That is some beasts right there.
He had to become a beast himself and if I remember correctly he held the record for the club in bench press.

Glass was awesome and I would love to have him again but McIntosh was our best full back. IMO.
Lol schwartz. Doesnt deserve to even be mentioned in the same forum as the other guys

I'd love to see how each one would go in the other's era
I think they would have been better in the other's era. Glass was so strong and could really one on one. He'd easily be able to hold is own. Whilst McIntosh was a lot more versatile. Maybe that why they were so great because they were different to what their era had..

McIntosh for mine. He also played with a bad knee for most of his career.

I reckon its a tougher call than most on here are saying. McIntosh got destroyed by injuries but was a freak athlete.....so quick and strong.

I reckon Glass played more good years of footy but McIntosh at his best was better. His 1998 season was the best Ive seen from a fullback. Could also go forward which Glass wasnt too crash hot at.

Glass handsdown ........"handsdown".........really :eek:

I am curious , how much of McIntosh did you watch live ?

And please elaborate, if you would, what do you base the handsdown comment on ?
I .......and I am sure others posters would appreciate you assessment as to why you rate Glass ahead of McIntosh.

Glass was a very good fullback but as others have already said he never had to play on the quality of FF's that McIntosh regularly played on and happened to beat by the way .

Glass
4x All Australian (including captian in 2012)
3x Club Best and fairest

McIntosh
1x All Australian
1x Club Best and fairest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back