Opinion Who is the hardest working player in the team

I think its the same as last year since he missed a premiership and over five rounds he has a massive gap on many of his team mates and to me it is Ben Mcglynn.

His disposal can be woeful, but he never gives in, gets in the oppositions face, makes tackles, gets into packs and the way he has increased his ability to run through the midfield speaks volumes of the work he must put in during the week.

Who does everyone else think is the hardest working player in the team?

bungee

Inside Mid
Aug 16, 2006
Sussex
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Hard to say as I'm unable to attend live games. On TV coverage alone it would seem to be Benny. He puts so much anger into each play that when he appears at a contest you just assume he's run 2 kilometres to get there (all the while screaming obscenities, dragging 3 wounded mates and swinging a war club).

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
Ryan O'Keefe works harder off the field to be match fit than anyone on our list, and I doubt it is even close.

I agree, but I was expecting to see you give some love to Pyke. Not many players in the history of football have been forced to work harder in order to make a success of himself than everyone's favourite Canadian.

Tuco

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts SuperCoach Club Board Winner
Sep 28, 2005
Between ANZ & the SCG
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Bloods
McGlynn....has to take two steps to every mere human players' one. :D

But in all seriousness ddon't forget Pyke. That man is just a learning machine. He'll still be doing extra team drills ten years after he retires! Without doubt one of the most focused players I've ever seen. Had to
overcome his lack of a footy background to become an elite premiership ruckman. Few career arcs have ever improved with such meteoric gusto thanks to just doing the basics harder and for longer.

Back