Who is the most frustrating team to follow?

Remove this Banner Ad

North Melbourne for me.

2014-
-Beat every single team in that made the top 8 but then lost to Gold Coast, Brisbane, Carlton.

-NARROW losses. North Melbourne dropped a record 10 games by under 16 points including six under 10.
-Lost 5 matches when leading by 30+ plus.

-First half of the season 4 wins 6 losses
-Second half of the season 10 wins 2 losses
-Too inconsistent including 6 matches leading by 24+ and losing.
Not sure many had us finishing top 4 last year?? Great result.

Beat all the top 8 teams - didn't lose to any of the bottom 3. Ess lost to the bottom 2 teams, Swans lost to Gws.

Pre Abletts shoulder Suns were finals bound. Bris in Bris were ok last year and the Blues was a bad loss - but they still were no where near as bad as Saints, Dees or Gws.

I had a great 2014 - lots of highlights, 2 finals win - 1 against our biggest rival after being 33 points down in the 3rd. A lot of other teams would be more frustrating than the Roos - like 14 other teams.

Surely Richmond would be. Were on a 20yr five year plan, got a rep for always finishing ninth as they regularly just missed finals after stirring ends to seasons, and continue to build up their supporters only to shatter them at their zenith. Take last year, rubbish for 13 rounds despite regularly showing signs, then win 9 in a row to make the finals only to be destroyed in the first qtr and essentially getting flogged.

Take the year prior, finished fifth on the back of a strong season, get the ninth placed Carlton in the first final after Essendon shunted and take a solid lead to half time. Then get over run in the second to again shatter their supporters.

What about drafting/trading. Tambling over franklin, Fiora over Pavlich to name a couple.

Have lost to Melbourne twice in a row now...........can any other club claim that right now?

I mean Jesus, I respect tigers fans so much

Or you were just an also ran who got lucky on Prelim Final day...

View attachment 128744

Still cant forget that game.

Watched it with a couple of Essendon supporters and one Carlton supporter.

Essendon supporters pre game talking about how they would go getting GF tickets for the following week.
Carlton supporter keeping quiet but had a bit of confidence about him.

I always like an upset so found myself going for Carlton that day (will never say those words again).

Great game to watch and by the end of it the Essendon supporters were crying foul and had egg on their faces.
The Carlton supporter knew that North would knock them off in the GF but the satisfaction he had was like they had just won the premiership.

Priceless.

I find following Collingwood frustrating just because we can never get away from the media's attention.
There are times when the extra attention can probably be helpful (and i'm sure it is good for the bottom line), but more often than not I just wish the media would stop talking about us.
Our list can basically go from underrated, to overrated, back to underrated again in the blink of an eye.

Still cant forget that game.

Watched it with a couple of Essendon supporters and one Carlton supporter.

Essendon supporters pre game talking about how they would go getting GF tickets for the following week.
Carlton supporter keeping quiet but had a bit of confidence about him.

I always like an upset so found myself going for Carlton that day (will never say those words again).

Great game to watch and by the end of it the Essendon supporters were crying foul and had egg on their faces.
The Carlton supporter knew that North would knock them off in the GF but the satisfaction he had was like they had just won the premiership.

Priceless.

At the game, completely surrounded by Carlton members, every single person was just soaking up being in the Granny...at the Bummers' expense.

Priceless alright.

Thread needs MOAR BOMBERZZZ

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely Richmond would be. Were on a 20yr five year plan, got a rep for always finishing ninth as they regularly just missed finals after stirring ends to seasons, and continue to build up their supporters only to shatter them at their zenith. Take last year, rubbish for 13 rounds despite regularly showing signs, then win 9 in a row to make the finals only to be destroyed in the first qtr and essentially getting flogged.

Take the year prior, finished fifth on the back of a strong season, get the ninth placed Carlton in the first final after Essendon shunted and take a solid lead to half time. Then get over run in the second to again shatter their supporters.

What about drafting/trading. Tambling over franklin, Fiora over Pavlich to name a couple.

Have lost to Melbourne twice in a row now...........can any other club claim that right now?

I mean Jesus, I respect tigers fans so much

This. I honestly came into this thread thinking every single answer would be Richmond.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back