Who is the most frustrating team to follow?

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond then daylight...

I admire their supporters. After making the finals last year from being 3-10 at one point to having aspirations of not only making the finals but being in the top four year, through to this currently.

It's fair dinkum Dr. jeckle Mr. Hyde stuff.

Interesting article written in The Age where it was pointed out that Richmond seem to perform well when there's nothing really to lose but fold under the weight of expectation. Not saying I agree with it, but a valid point I think.

Essendon it is. Can look a million dollars one day and monopoly money the next.

Beat the reigning premiers by 2 points.

Beat the reigning wooden spooners by 2 points.

Just enjoy the win today mate

Cats fans are eternally grateful to Adam Schnieder for butchering some unmissable goals in the 2009 GF

And so should your mob today

Carlton.

After being used to periods of success, it's been frustrating watching this great club fall into a heap over the last 15 odd years

Adelaide = Flirt with success every few years, lose narrowly in September and then it often all falls apart the following season after. Good examples are 2003, 2007, 2013 and 2014.

North Melbourne, Richmond, Western Bulldogs, St Kilda and Carlton fans must feel the same too.

Yeah - and 5 flags and 7 grand finals in the 15 years prior to that - so it depends how old you are

Its Melb for me - back end of the 60s they were hopeless - most of the 70s ( except 76) they were hopeless - in the 80s up to about round 18 of 1987 they were hopeless - even in the 90s they were hopelessly inconsistent- top 4 then bottom 4 - had to sell their home game against Eagles - and play it at Subiaco - and the last 10 years theve been beyond hopeless - fancy losing by 186 points ( pity it wasnt 200)

Melbourne by the length of the Randwick Straight
I was alive for all those finals and we won our last flag on the same day as my 17th Birthday, I'm now 51 all that success just makes the last 35 years more frustrating, the difference between us and say Melbourne is supporter wise we are still a big club, we have access to needed funds that should see us eventually get back to the top but every step forward we take seems to be followed by two steps backward, they say every cloud has a silver lining but damned if I can find it.

If the dogs end up falling in a heap after the current start - which would be understandable given the relative youth of the list - it would nevertheless be pretty frustrating after getting all our hopes up.

But I'd be confident that this list is going places in the next few years. So, yeah, not as frustrating as Richmond.

I was alive for all those finals and we won our last flag on the same day as my 17th Birthday, I'm now 51 all that success just makes the last 35 years more frustrating, the difference between us and say Melbourne is supporter wise we are still a big club, we have access to needed funds that should see us eventually get back to the top but every step forward we take seems to be followed by two steps backward, they say every cloud has a silver lining but damned if I can find it.

I know where your coming from - but at least you were about when your club won 5 premierships - and dominated the comp
Following Geelong drove me nuts for about 25 years - but Premierships do give you alot of joy

Modern day football is all about recruiting( which can be a lottery) - PT Adelaide nailed all their 1st round draft picks they got for their period down the bottom - and have bounced back quickly

It would be interesting if Richmond did win a cluster of flags - just how big they would become - with their supporter base etc

I take offence to any nomination that isn't Richmond.

I'm 20 years old, my earliest memory of watching footy is Michael Voss kicking a goal from 55m off one foot in the PF of 2001 to put them 10 goals up with half a quarter to go. My earliest memory came one week after our most recent finals win.
I have never seen us win a final.

The 2013 final against Carlton nearly put me into a catatonic state come the final siren.

Four years of finals out of the past 33.
Close thread.

AND more importantly don't overlook these : '87, '89, '04 & '07

Free-shippng-big-wooden-spoon-wholesale-50pcs-lot-good-quality-spoon.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw both live. I can die a happy man with no frustrations.

Time opens new wounds though Wild Bill.. ;)

"But did you get to hold the Premiership Cup in your hands without another person standing close by waiting to take it off you the next minute??"

:D:p:D

My favourite comeback line to those gloating fans of recent year premiership teams.. most are literally SPEECHLESS!! :straining:

That really hurts man.

You layed out the foundation of misery… I'm just stirring the ingredients to make everyone aware that it's 'HARD CORE' at Tigerland. Good on you tho'… the admiration for you folk to stick it out in the hard times is truly admirable. Makes the rest of us truly appreciate whatever we can get.

You layed out the foundation of misery… I'm just stirring the ingredients to make everyone aware that it's 'HARD CORE' at Tigerland. Good on you tho'… the admiration for you folk to stick it out in the hard times is truly admirable. Makes the rest of us truly appreciate whatever we can get.
That's why that when (of if) we win another premiership, it will be celebrated in a way that no other supporter of any other club will be able to come close to understanding.

I take offence to any nomination that isn't Richmond.

I'm 20 years old, my earliest memory of watching footy is Michael Voss kicking a goal from 55m off one foot in the PF of 2001 to put them 10 goals up with half a quarter to go. My earliest memory came one week after our most recent finals win.
I have never seen us win a final.

The 2013 final against Carlton nearly put me into a catatonic state come the final siren.

No doubt for younger Tigers fans the present must seem bleak but at least the older fans can remember 1980. I reckon St Kilda fans must wake up weekly in a sweat just hoping that they get the right bounce in the 2010 GF. To be so close yet so far away must be awful - my ex-next door neighbour was a top bloke and big Saints fan. He said he spent 30 minutes after the 2010 GF weeping in the MCG toilets.

That's why that when (of if) we win another premiership, it will be celebrated in a way that no other supporter of any other club will be able to come close to understanding.

Culling a third of your list… that's some of the problem. Unfortunately recruiting has been half baked over the years. Can't turn back time as you know.. but taking in 'fringe players that other clubs didn't want' is not defined as building for the future.

When Dimma got the gig, he quoted: 'Richmond has a better list than North'.. since then, North have nailed it in the recruiting dept (want names? ) and only filled up with a handful of off-casts who proved to the club by outplaying their listed competitors.

Nahas is more of a link up player than just a 'fwd pocket opportunist' he was at Richmond. I wasn't sold on him when he got picked up by North a couple years ago but he has definitely worked hard in not being one dimensional. His game against the Lions was possibly a career best. I gave him a vote… none to Goldstein who everyone else gave B.O.G. (Last Q dominance in a blow out win didn't sell it… Nahas was a solid 'under appreciated' 4 Q gamer). Nahas also proved to be elusive vs the Cats. The link up from HB is important. He was busy vs Port as well. Chased and harassed. Still, Nahas admitted he is NO GIVEN to play each week. He is still needing to prove himself. Last week vs Hawthorn… flat game and now under the pump to be dropped.

Title should really be which team other than Richmond.
In reality this depends on how long you've supported Richmond, I get frustrated yes but it's tempered by having grown up during a time that they were regularly winning flags, I would imagine it is starting to get equally frustrating supporting Freo, who are probably the only newly created team that didn't get a bucket load of concessions to help them win their first flag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back