who is the worst commentator atm?

Who is the worst commentator atm?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

There are a lot but Bruce has hit the top of my list this year. So annoying and is starting to rack up the mistakes in his calling.

C7 should just bring him out during the spring carnival and that's it.
He's up there now for sure, his incessant questions "Is he the best you've ever seen, Leigh" "oh, he's special, isn't he Leigh" "Can I suck your dick, Leigh"

To be fair, I confuse these 2 all the time when I'm on the top deck of G. Thank god for Brando's orange boots...
Me too actually - although I then wait to see if it gets turned over and that unfortunately sometimes gives it away...

To be fair, I confuse these 2 all the time when I'm on the top deck of G. Thank god for Brando's orange boots...
Me too actually - although I then wait to see if it gets turned over and that unfortunately sometimes gives it away...
But you two don't get paid to get it right. :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Basil. I hate how he thinks he is an expert on AFL when he has never played and how he thinks the crap he says is funny.
Look I don't really like him much either but I think you'll find he played in a fairly high league in W.A. (WAFL). It pays to do a bit of research.

Its not unusual for me to watch the footy with the mute button on. You actually form your own opinions on the game instead of taking in the dribble the commentators feed you.

Basil and Hame have no feel for the game - can't read the play well at all. Makes everything they say cringeworthy.

There's an art to TV commentary, it doesn't involve talking over the top of everything. We can SEE the game too, you numbnuts!

Good call, rider. It's like they are trying to describe it to a blind Mongolian woman whose never seen the game before. JUST GET THE ******* NAMES RIGHT AND WE'LL FILL IN THE REST!

I put Macaveney in this basket too. Full credit to him for the broad range of sports he calls. I like him calling the Olympics. But * me, it is glaringly obvious that the man has never kicked a footy. Just like Basil. I often have the feeling I'm watching a different game to them.

Any prick who mixes up Brandon Ellis and Taylor Hunt.

Basil mixed up Hunt for Morris at one point. But hey! It's understandable! They all look so similar, all having arms and noses, as well as wearing the same jumper...

Look I don't really like him much either but I think you'll find he played in a fairly high league in W.A. (WAFL). It pays to do a bit of research.
I played in the WAFL also, and trust me, I could do a 1000 times better than that flog!
Just because you played the game at an ok level, doesn't mean you should be on nationally tv calling the game.

Dwayne

2Dwayne-Russell424-424x283.jpg

Blokes i feel you guys are giving a bad rap:
*Bt - Makes the games entertaining and sometimes applies his footy knowledge
*Hame - People keep lumping him with Dwayne and Basil but i feel he has 1000x more charisma than those 2

Darcy just doesnt have a good commentators voice, what does he bring to the table?

*Hame - People keep lumping him with Dwayne and Basil but i feel he has 1000x more charisma than those 2

Darcy just doesnt have a good commentators voice, what does he bring to the table?

BT Is a numbskull. Put the footy back on channel 9 so we can have james brayshaw back and decent coverage

If you think Brian Taylor offers anything other than garbage, I feel sorry for you.

BT Is a numbskull. Put the footy back on channel 9 so we can have james brayshaw back and decent coverage
the thing with bt is that when he is by himself its not as good, when he is with luke darcy its worse, he needs another guy there with him, him and JB are the best combo imo. you need commentators that feed off each other

Back