Opinion Who is the worst person you've met in footy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi fellas, nice thread.:thumbsu:
Some I have met and not keen on though allowing for situation.
Barrassi, John Barnes, Wayne Schwass and Bomber Thompson.

Not mentioned so far but were really good when I met them, Ken Sheldon, Chris Langford and Paul Reiffle.

aaron edwards. was staying in the same place as me and my friends in thailand (2009-2010). no footballer should ever behave like he did that holiday. off season or not it was a disgrace and thats not even going into details..

At the resort he got into a fight with his gf at the breakfast table and made a scene. Fast forward 15 minutes and he had literally passed out with his head on the table. Poor Thai staff had to carry him to some bean bags where he remained out cold for a good 10 hours.

Was also on the same flight home from Bangkok. Was plastered before getting on the plane. Once we were on they almost kicked him off because he got touchy with a stewardess and he was being belligerent about it being an accident then getting in her face trying to convince her. He then started pleading to let him stay on the flight and only his more sober friend could get him back in his seat and convince the flight crew he would look after him. A short time later he had passed out again and didn't make a sound the entire 11 hour flight.

there was also general cocky dickhead behaviour at the resort thinking he was king s**t (don't think he was ever sober) while we all just looked upon him with disgust. We were only 18/19 at the time and we couldn't believe it.

Just a pig really. I lost all respect for him after those episodes.

He did have a smoking hot gf at the time though.

Cant agree about Wayne Schwass….at least from my experience of him.

My two 16 year old boys were having a kick around in a Sydney park when Schwass jogged by. He stopped, asked the boys if he could have a kick with them, and proceeded to kick around with them for 45 minutes. Was so positive toward the boys and shook their hands afterwards and wished them the best.

Seemed like a top bloke to me.

My parents used to run into Craig Sholl a lot in his playing days, he was good value for a conversation and a joke, very likeable and they didn't realise he was a football player until it just came up. Then my parents asked me if I knew who he was and I confirmed that yes, he plays for North.

At the resort he got into a fight with his gf at the breakfast table and made a scene. Fast forward 15 minutes and he had literally passed out with his head on the table. Poor Thai staff had to carry him to some bean bags where he remained out cold for a good 10 hours.

Was also on the same flight home from Bangkok. Was plastered before getting on the plane. Once we were on they almost kicked him off because he got touchy with a stewardess and he was being belligerent about it being an accident then getting in her face trying to convince her. He then started pleading to let him stay on the flight and only his more sober friend could get him back in his seat and convince the flight crew he would look after him. A short time later he had passed out again and didn't make a sound the entire 11 hour flight.

there was also general cocky dickhead behaviour at the resort thinking he was king s**t (don't think he was ever sober) while we all just looked upon him with disgust. We were only 18/19 at the time and we couldn't believe it.

Just a pig really. I lost all respect for him after those episodes.

He did have a smoking hot gf at the time though.

Haha, my mate was on the same flight

My missus is an Adelaide girl and when flying home several years back sat next to Chocco Williams and Tredrea. She is a die hard Crow loving Port hater so wasn't thrilled. Said Williams was nothing short of lovely, he was chatting asking about where she was from and what she did, stirring her when she said the Crows and talked footy. Said Tredrea was a arrogant tool who just looked down his nose at her

Choco strikes me as the sort of person who'd embarrass his kids in front of their mates he'd be that sort of father.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry for intruding guys but think this is a great thread.
Best I've ever met: Ben Cousins during his time at Tigerland. I hung around after training as I had over an hour to kill before my train was due.
1620566_10153207445351563_190668012612107682_n.jpg

My two 16 year old boys were having a kick around in a Sydney park when Schwass jogged by. He stopped, asked the boys if he could have a kick with them, and proceeded to kick around with them for 45 minutes. Was so positive toward the boys and shook their hands afterwards and wished them the best.

Always presents imho as a top guy. Very open about his battle with depression.

More than any other player, I've heard diametrically opposed views on Schwass. I have heard some opinions that he's the trademark arrogant, rude idiot etc. The majority however have told me pretty much the same as yours. As I've never met him personally, I'll lean towards the majority.

My missus is an Adelaide girl and when flying home several years back sat next to Chocco Williams and Tredrea. She is a die hard Crow loving Port hater so wasn't thrilled. Said Williams was nothing short of lovely, he was chatting asking about where she was from and what she did, stirring her when she said the Crows and talked footy. Said Tredrea was a arrogant tool who just looked down his nose at her

That doesn't surprise me actually. My respect for him went up enormously after the 2007 Grand Final, when putting on the toughest smile imaginable he shook hands with every single Geelong player. Say what you have to before the game (and he did), but handled the post-match with the utmost class.

My niece had Chocco go to her school a couple of years ago.I think him and his sister had written a book.She knows nothing about footy so had know idea who he is but said he was really nice and chatted with all the kids.

More than any other player, I've heard diametrically opposed views on Schwass. I have heard some opinions that he's the trademark arrogant, rude idiot etc. The majority however have told me pretty much the same as yours. As I've never met him personally, I'll lean towards the majority.

We are all too quick to judge.

HE might be a total s**t….but you can only judge people on your experience of them. I just added my experience of him which was no more than 40 minutes or so….my boys got a kick out of it, and for that I'm grateful.

Met a few of the boys after the 09 GF, drank with them a bit and celebrated the mighty win.

Kelly - Nice enough but cocky.
Johnno - Nice guy, happy to chat about whatever until he was totally wasted and made no sense.
Stokesy - Lovely, quite shy.
Blake - Chatty and seemed very relaxed, I was wearing his medal for a bit.
Mumford - Lovely, lovely guy back then. I've since met him OS recently and his arrogance has skyrocketed.
A few others were there, no big names though.

Fun times!

Choco strikes me as the sort of person who'd embarrass his kids in front of their mates he'd be that sort of father.
Nope. He's an outstanding human and a great father. During the premiership era at port made time to Coach the kids at Immanuel college where his kids attended. Ripping bloke.

Nope. He's an outstanding human and a great father. During the premiership era at port made time to Coach the kids at Immanuel college where his kids attended. Ripping bloke.

What I meant by that is he'd be the sort to tell dad jokes.

He'd be an absolute ripper to be around.

I've heard this. My mate still remembers when he was a kid in the 90's he asked Crawf for his autograph during training and Crawf said he can give it to him after training was finished. Sure enough after training he remembered and actually chased down my mate and gave him his autograph. Ripping bloke. It's amazing how a superstar like Shane can remember the little things like a young kid wanting his autograph when he must have a thousand things going on in his life.
Though he's destroyed North on more than one occasion, after hearing that story I think really highly of him.

There's a story of Crawf (and I can't recall the exact details) but apparently he saw a Hawk supporter struggling to get a taxi, or missing a tram or something similar on the way to a game one day so he pulled over and gave him a lift in with him.

I've met him at a few family days. He really is that accommodating bloke who goes out of his way to sign every autograph and pose for every photo. I think my wife laments not being Mrs Crawford at times and she isn't a footy lover. After those family days though she is a definite Crawf lover :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back