Who might we take at pick 30? (Thread closed, pls post on the 'welcome' thread)

Who do you prefer (not listed in merit order)?

• Touk Miller

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • Jack Lonie

• Liam Duggan

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Hugh Goddard

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Damien Cavka

• Brayden Maynard

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Clem Smith

Votes: 13 8.2%
  • Ed Vickers-Willis

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Jarrod Garlett

Votes: 25 15.7%
  • Toby McLean

Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Tyler Keitel

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • Connor Blakely

Votes: 33 20.8%
  • Reece McKenzie

Votes: 21 13.2%
  • Kyle Langford

Votes: 22 13.8%
  • Connor Menadue

Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Nakia Cockatoo

Votes: 50 31.4%
  • Dillon Viojo-Rainbow

Votes: 18 11.3%
  • Dean Gore

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • Ed Langdon

Votes: 23 14.5%
  • Caleb Daniel

Votes: 8 5.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cavka averaged 4 goals and 28 possessions across his 2 TAC Cup finals. Combine that with elite endurance, he just knows how to find the footy. Nice size too.

Not that it's a key reason to draft him, but I think he could play a few games next year as a HFF/FP.

Cavka averaged 4 goals and 28 possessions across his 2 TAC Cup finals. Combine that with elite endurance, he just knows how to find the footy. Nice size too.

Not that it's a key reason to draft him, but I think he could play a few games next year as a HFF/FP.

Be good Replacement for Blair

Sidebottom's straight line speed is treacle slow, but he has never looked slow in game before. Cavka has run a 16.7 beep test so his endurance is high end to the point that he would probably have finished top 3 in the clubs recent 2km time trial as a first year player.

That's the type of outside accumulator he is he'll just keep getting to the right spots, knock up getting the ball and because of his smarts pace will never be an issue unless you want to run him in the grand final sprint.

That's fine. But we will need to add some pace with at least one of the other picks or preferably both. 16.7 beep test is insane. Is that correct?

That's fine. But we will need to add some pace with at least one of the other picks or preferably both. 16.7 beep test is insane. Is that correct?

Leg Speed is not everything. How does he use the Ball?

Got to say for some reason im a bit dark that in all the weeks that it took to get the Beams deal sorted out that the Greenwood deal wasnt sorted before it went through leaving this thread to be about pick 25. 5 places makes such as difference.
(Boekhorst looks the type of player we need and if gone at because Carlton pounce before us...)

(Boekhorst looks the type of player we need and if gone at because Carlton pounce before us...)

I reckon the Blues will take Reece McKenzie(if available) at 28, they have followed him closely, and he's been part of their f/s academies as his old man played for them.

They don't have another pick until 61 which would be too late.

Latest mock from the HSun has us taking Touk Miller at 30. Boekhurst to Blues at 28 & Connor Blakely gone at 29. Cavka was still on the board and they also list him as a possible for us.

They further commented that one recruiter (NFD) reckons Miller could be the steal of the draft at 30.

FWIW they also had us taking Laverde at 5 with Pickett at 4 and De Goey at 6.

The more I read, the more I am favouring one off Daniel McKenzie or Damien Cavka at 30. Actually it would be interesting if you were too start this poll again (like the pick 5 one) how the voting would change compared to how people were voting when the poll first started.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd consider Touk Miller at 48, but please please not pick 30. Has leadership written all over him and seems like someone with the mindset to make the grade through work ethic but I doubt his talent level, especially at 30.

Really want Laverde.. No real reason, never seen his him play, never actually seen a pic of him but he got compared to pendles and has a cool mind if it's pronounced the way I think it is

Edit: well darn, I posted this in the pick 30 thread by mistake

Imagine Williams and Smith as back pocket players.

Probably needed more up front but would be nice to see the (contained) agro of Williams, Adams, Grundy and Smith. Always felt Brisbane were well served by having so many hard nuts in their team.
it would be like having 2 stan magro's .

I'd consider Touk Miller at 48, but please please not pick 30. Has leadership written all over him and seems like someone with the mindset to make the grade through work ethic but I doubt his talent level, especially at 30.

Hine has show he as loved players with Great Work Ethic

Hine has show he as loved players with Great Work Ethic
This is very true, but other than Sidebottom and Pendles who were first rounders, all the others like Toovey, Maxwell, Lumumba, Macaffer, Marley etc. were all rookie picks. Goldsack is the only guy I can think of who went a bit later in the National Draft with an outstanding work ethic. If we're to take Miller I'd hope it'd be at pick 48. I don't think he'll be available later (pick 85 - rookie) but I don't think he displays the talent to go earlier. Just my thoughts, even though I do like him and think he'll turn himself into a player.

Why on earth would you take Miller if Maynard, Rainbow and Cavka were still available?

I would have thought we don't need anymore midget inside midfielders when those other three offer something we do.

Cavka seems to be the one who is all the rage at present but I also love the natural aggression Maynard would add to our side which we lack or the lethal left of Rainbow.

Miller at 48 would be acceptable and a very good get at that range.

Our 2nd favourite, Connor Blakely, appears a very real chance to still be there at 30.

This draft has a real 2008 type draft feel for us, where we pick up 2 really good players with similar picks to that year. Darcy Moore is a wonderful bonus to this.

Pick 30 us going to be a very interesting selection. I'm tipping it'll be someone we rate in the high teens/early 20's. However I think most clubs with picks in the 20's will be picking players they rate quite a bit higher.

Last edited:
I have a Funny Feeling that we will take Touk Miller at 30. He is a Player we don’t need for Postion but I think Hine loves his Leadership and Determination

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back