Prediction Who stays... who goes on NOW WITH ADDED POLL

Who STAYS on a 1 Yr deal for 2016

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty simple... our year is done and decisions are being made on our list going forward.

Who stays on... who goes?

Kelly
Stokes
SJ
Jimmy
Boris
Mackie
Domsy

I think Mackie goes again, Boris gets another year if he wants 1and I would give SJ 1 more

Doms has a year to go but may jump. Kelly is done, Stokes done and I was firmly in the Jimmy goes again camp 2 weeks ago.. now I'm unsure and leaning towards thinking he should pull up stumps.

Bomber on Fox saying we should keep them all is clearly just trying to protect his boys

MOD EDIT: POLL ADDED - Apologies to OP for jumping the thread

Last edited by a moderator:
I said it at the time, but extending Lonergan's contract for 2 years when the Doggies came sniffing was a mistake. He is cooked and contracted for 2016.
His disposal by foot was awful tonight (as I have felt it has been for a while now)

I hope he sees the wall and stops himself first, but with a year to run why would he

So in that case I hope Henderson pushes him down to the VFL, because if we are to go forward then he just has to..

Does Bartel's contract expire at the end of the year?

If there's one thing we've learned with regards to retirements and our decorated veterans, it's that they will go out kicking and screaming - maybe Cameron Ling is the only exception to that claim.

Kelly - gone
Stokes - gone
SJ - 1 year if he's lucky
Jimmy - 1 year if he's lucky
Boris - up to him
Mackie - 1 year
Domsy - should go but is contracted

agree with all that, although reckon Jimmy really needs to ask himself whether or not he'd be a genuine best 22 contributor in a team hopefully pressing for the finals in 2016.

I would like to see our immortals make the decisions themselves.
Really soon.
I'd like to see them make the right decisions... whatever they may be.

I wouldn't like to see more games like that with deer in headlight moments

kelly
stokes
simpson
coward
bartels
enright
hmac
noheartman
toohey
rivers

blease. who knows

this years draft better run deep...... very deep

(Log in to remove this ad.)

kelly
stokes
simpson
coward
bartels
enright
hmac
noheartman
toohey
rivers

blease. who knows

this years draft better run deep...... very deep
Aren't we giving up pick 10 or so for Henderson as well? We're going to need about 10 draft picks and we're starting at around 30, so we're probably going to see the first kid picked up at pick 200-odd once we're done filling the spots.

Scott said tonight that all the uncontracted players know where they stand.
Would explain the way a few played...

Perhaps. But few footballers get the fairytale finish those two did. In reality I'm sure all of the veterans would jump at a one year offer.
Not so sure. Another preseason, the threat of not being gifted games, playing in the 2's a reality...
We might end up with egg(Chappy) on our faces, but they should have a sense of reality, surely.

Re Jimmy: He just hasn't been up to it since returning from injury. Its not just his speed (glacial) but his decision making. This latter point is the big worry. A full pre-season to get over his injuries might return some of his speed, but decisions under pressure shouldn't regress from a player of his experience.

Back