Who takes over #5?

Remove this Banner Ad

lock it away until someone worthy comes along.

It's the most famous sporting jumper in Geelong's long history. Polly, Ablett, Varcoe o_O

Using that criteria ( and as someone else pointed out - you left Malarkey out- who was a champion fullback ) then Selwood should get it - because he is Geelongs greatest ever player

Before Joel walked in the door - Geelong was full of flashy - front running types - who use to crumble at the 1st hint of pressure

Thats why youve just go to love Joel - because he is polar opposite to what Geelong were for 30 years prior

And....
mV0SnVyZMVw06Zo_0gxWtlg.jpg
My memory was he was #6??

I believe they will put it aside for 12 months/ Dangerfied but he will never wear it.I hope the club are not as obsessed as some on this board and overlook other good trade opportunities and miss out altogether.

Can we get MC, without losing TV?
Is that possible, or fait accompli?
I see TV out as a bigger win than MC in,now if we can just flick Brown I'll have had a good trade week/month,Bundy was a disappointment but opens up a spot for Hartman or McCarthy.

Last edited:
I believe they will put it aside for 12 months/ Dangerfied but he will never wear it.I hope the club are not as obsessed as some on this board and overlook other good trade opportunities and miss out altogether.

I see TV out as a bigger win than MC in,now if we can just flick Brown I'll have had a good trade week/Month,Bundy was a disappointment but opens up a spot for Hartman or McCarthy.
We differ. Hugely. But I still love you (in a posting sense!).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct. And so was Malarkey (for a small bit)

Hopefully whoever gets it next will put in the effort to wear it with the pride it deserves - whether it be the next draftee through the door or someone already at the club.

You blokes were smoking too much hooch in the 70's.
Rex wore number 5.

I can remember him wearing number 5.
How old are you blokes?
If you say you can remember the 70's then you were probably not here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rex_Hunt
Malarkey had it from '77 to '83, then changed to #6 for '84-'86, according to the AFL tables website.

Oops- crossed wires...
Hunt was #5 at Ninthmond, then #6 at the Cats, then #5 at Saints

tumblr_n17ke37Q6B1rqfhi2o1_500.gif

You whine a lot after games for someone who doesn't get disappointed

I have sine sincere doubts about that Booby. He strikes me as someone who does not like paroachial bullshit about our players to me. He may come across as a crusty old whinging bastard to many on this forum, but personally I find him one of the more demanding posters (in terms of evidence and argument) on this forum.
Maybe it is just because I am just a crusty old argumentative bastard myself. I dunno.

Wiki has him from 74-75 as number 5 playing for Geelong with Richmond previous and St.Failure later.

He wore 43 at Richmond (1968-74*), 5 at Geelong (74-5*) and No 2 at St.Failure (1976-78).

*Move due to work as a Police Officer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rex_Hunt

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back