Who to replace Starc?

Who to replace Starc?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't give you at each venue but has 43 wickets at 28 in England from 11 matches, much better than Mitchell Johnson's 38 wickets at 37 in 12 matches. The only two players in recent history that has a significantly better record are Glenn McGrath and Ryan Harris.
I don't rate Johnson either...

He has a good enough record does Siddle, but I'm unsure as to the extent of his performance and importance when needed most, hence why I think he's overrated... seems to mainly remove the lower order. I asked about his list of victims etc for peace of mind and clarity.

Idiot Victorians think anyone who takes a wicket for their state should get picked for Australia. They are kidding.
Was taking the piss mate, so sorry but....

cSha5E.gif

You might have been but the Busharangers twitter wouldn't have been unless of course it is a fake.
Well I'm shocked, seriously this has floored me, the official twitter account promoting one of its players :eek:

Abbott

He's been the best bowler in Sheild for a few yrs
I don't think he'll get a game though
PR is more important than results for CA, and they'd err due to Abbott being the bowler who struck Hughes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Abbott

He's been the best bowler in Sheild for a few yrs
I don't think he'll get a game though
PR is more important than results for CA, and they'd err due to Abbott being the bowler who struck Hughes
Isn't his average over 30?

Plus he's made A-teams since the incident (and also possibly ODI squads) so you're being dumb.

Not really. Had a great full shield season, killed it on the A tour to India and started the season with some good scores intermixed with some poor ones. Absolutely should be thereabouts in the discussions.
Let's be serious champ, he averages 35 in first class cricket. Gone are the days where the baggy green is earn't.

He's done SFA.

Let's be serious champ, he averages 35 in first class cricket. Gone are the days where the baggy green is earn't.

He's done SFA.
Say Burns is injured. Who do you think should be the next opener? Heck, you put forward Mennie and he hasn't even put together a good full season. Sadly the guy that was made for the spot after Rogers in Hughes is gone and apart from Burns (who I'm still not fully convinced on), there isn't much else apart from Bancroft.

McDermott talked up Coultier-Nile this morning on the ABC. He also spoke of his preference for guys that can bowl above 140. Which is odd given the success of Hazelwood in this test at around the mid 130s.
I imgine it's about balance of attack. If you have Siddle and Hazlewood both in the 130's doing that role you might not want a third one bowling similarly. Honestly with patto in you could easily have bird and Hazlewood I think, but I understand the thinking.

He's done SFA.
Bancroft is young enough that it's a little more excuseable taking a punt on him (e.g. Clarke only averaged 33 at the time of his debut, but the talent was obvious). Although I certainly don't mind waiting and seeing how he backs last season up.

Back